Impact of new helmet rule??

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Kossack
Role Player
Role Player

Impact of new helmet rule??

Postby Kossack » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:31 am

Reports say flagged hits will result in a 15 yd spot foul. What would happen if Trich goes for a 20 yd run and hits the safety with his crown?? Does he still count for 20 yds rushing? 5 yds? Nothing?
16 team, PPR, 45 man rosters, all TDs 6 pts
start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 dt, 2 de, 3 lb, 2 cb, 2 s, 1 non qb flex

QB - Winston, Sieman, Joshua Dobbs
RB - Martin, M. Gordon, Howard, R. Burkhead, Langford, C. Sims, Kapri Bibbs, W. Gallman
WR - ARob, Jordy, A. Jeffery, E. Sanders, Agholor, B. Ellington, C. Peake, Krishawn Hogan, Ryan Grant
TE - Ebron, Tye, G. Everett
DT - A. Donald, C. Baker
DE - Z. Ansah, D. Buckner, C. Wake, T. Flowers, V. Curry
LB - D. Johnson, K. Mack, C. Kirskey, Kwaitkowski, G. Hodges, Jaylon Smith,
CB - J. Bradbury, A. Bouye, D. Butler,
S - J. Addae, K. Neal, Geathers, Sua Cravens

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Impact of new helmet rule??

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:52 am

It's kind of like a holding penalty in that Richardson would get credit for his rush UP TO THE POINT where the foul occurred. Now let's say he starts his rush at the 50, commits the foul at the 40 and that broken tackle allows him to go another 40 for the score. That play would simply be a 10 yard rush in the books.
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

Kossack
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kossack » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:19 am

It's a dumbass rule in my opinion and one that will definately affect my teams which I have mostly power physical backs like Trich and lynch. Personally I'd like to see every running back or ball carrier in the league agree to slide before contact on every hit in week 1 (you know to avoid the fine but still actually protect themselves which is now illegal). It'd be a monumental farce and perhaps the competition committee would abandon the rule by week 2. Goodell is ruining football
16 team, PPR, 45 man rosters, all TDs 6 pts
start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 dt, 2 de, 3 lb, 2 cb, 2 s, 1 non qb flex

QB - Winston, Sieman, Joshua Dobbs
RB - Martin, M. Gordon, Howard, R. Burkhead, Langford, C. Sims, Kapri Bibbs, W. Gallman
WR - ARob, Jordy, A. Jeffery, E. Sanders, Agholor, B. Ellington, C. Peake, Krishawn Hogan, Ryan Grant
TE - Ebron, Tye, G. Everett
DT - A. Donald, C. Baker
DE - Z. Ansah, D. Buckner, C. Wake, T. Flowers, V. Curry
LB - D. Johnson, K. Mack, C. Kirskey, Kwaitkowski, G. Hodges, Jaylon Smith,
CB - J. Bradbury, A. Bouye, D. Butler,
S - J. Addae, K. Neal, Geathers, Sua Cravens

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:45 pm

This IS a terrible rule. MJD was discussing it on NFL network and was saying how insane it is to think that you can lower your shoulder, but at the same time, try to keep your head up. To me, it is a neck injury waiting to happen. If anything, through the hole, it should be allowed, but maybe in the open field when RBs are not so vulnerable, it could be enforced. They need to be able to protect themselves.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:17 pm

SpaderDude wrote:This IS a terrible rule. MJD was discussing it on NFL network and was saying how insane it is to think that you can lower your shoulder, but at the same time, try to keep your head up. To me, it is a neck injury waiting to happen. If anything, through the hole, it should be allowed, but maybe in the open field when RBs are not so vulnerable, it could be enforced. They need to be able to protect themselves.

I may be wrong, but my understanding was that what you described is exactly the rule. Inside the tackle box you can still make contact with the crown of the helmet, outside you cannot.

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:07 am

Csl312 wrote:
SpaderDude wrote:This IS a terrible rule. MJD was discussing it on NFL network and was saying how insane it is to think that you can lower your shoulder, but at the same time, try to keep your head up. To me, it is a neck injury waiting to happen. If anything, through the hole, it should be allowed, but maybe in the open field when RBs are not so vulnerable, it could be enforced. They need to be able to protect themselves.

I may be wrong, but my understanding was that what you described is exactly the rule. Inside the tackle box you can still make contact with the crown of the helmet, outside you cannot.
Correct.
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks