The NFL in General

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
WashingtonFever
Role Player
Role Player

The NFL in General

Postby WashingtonFever » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:31 am

The NFL is becoming a disgrace and we know it. The ticky-tack fouls being called against every team in the NFL is disgusting. Many of these are game-changing. I don't even have to pick out a particular game as evidence as it occurs in each one. I have to believe that many of you are on target with the same thoughts listed below. It's frustrating watching football games now compared to 5-10-15-20 years ago.

Some points listed below, there are many more, but these one's stick out at me the most right now...

1. It is the Offensive Line's job to protect the QB...not the referees. Can the NFL please have a stuffed dummy at each NFL stadium that has the area's painted in Red that shows where you can touch them? It seems it would be at about mid chest to the lowest rib and that's it. Oh, and then they might as well add numerous models on approaches that a defensive opponent can use to hit the QB. Except then the NFL may realize that there is only one way... bear hug with a gentle crash to the ground because too much force seems to be a flag as well.

2. Pass interference is becoming identical to a foul in the NBA where you breath on the opponent, graze a player, or are just in the area and a flag is thrown. If you don't actually seen a foul, than don't pretend it happened. Defense is fun to watch too, but you sure don't get much of it without seeing yellow staining the field.

3. Defensive holding is as bad a call as offensive holding. Unless there is a blatant hold (Jersey grab that moves or stops the player) or take down, just let the players play.

4. Bring back the kick-off or if it is ever taken away like it seems it will be, then make teams start at their own 5 or 10 yard line to make the offense earn those yards.

Did anyone watch South Park's Sarcastiball episode? It's kind of like that. Football used to be so much better.

Please agree, add your own points, flame away, etc...

klyepod
Role Player
Role Player

Re: The NFL in General

Postby klyepod » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:00 pm

I quit gambling this year because SO MANY GAMES are decided by a highly questionable P.I. call. I don't see the point in picking winners when games are frequently decided by one flag down the stretch... Replacement refs were awful but the real refs are blowing it as well. Stop looking so hard into the replays and into "interpreting" the rules and just ask yourself "did he catch it?" "did he fumble it?"... because when you keep it simple like that then you won't blow the call (calvin johnson's td catch a few years ago, golden tate's TD "catch").

I live in Saskatchewan and watch the Roughriders play in the CFL and seriously I feel like the reffing isn't as bad as the NFL. They let the players play. (although the game is slower and therefore easier to call!)

WashingtonFever
Role Player
Role Player

Re: The NFL in General

Postby WashingtonFever » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Hell yeah, we got a response to this.

I thought of something else to add...

If the NFL is so concerned about these guys that can just bulldoze you over and lead to all these injuries, what about adding a restriction on how much you can weigh? Wouldn't it be in the best interest of the players and NFL to promote a good diet and weigh less anyway.

I know this is a reach, but then again, so are some of these rules being implemented in the NFL.