Raiders Draft Hype, Rumors, And Picks Thread

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Raiders Draft Hype, Rumors, And Picks Thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:31 am

I love my Raiders. Mayock and Gruden have these next 2 years to make it work. I'm hoping for the best. Just don't draft a QB. This class stinks.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

gameaholica
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gameaholica » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:57 am

Hopefully address the O and D lines early and often.
TheFantasyFootballGuys Dynasty League (13 keeper-PPR)
QB: Mahomes | Stafford | Mayfield
RB: Barkely | Henry | Etienne | Akers | Penny |
WR: Thomas | Bateman | Pittman | Metchie | Shaheed | W. Robinson
TE: Dulcich | Kincaid | Latu
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-Flex-Flex-K-DEF

Buzz's BBQ Dynasty League(18 keeper-PPR)
QB: J Allen | Stafford |
RB: J.Williams | J Taylor | Mostert | Herbert | Hall | Tucker | Charbonnet
WR: Chase | AJ Brown | Mims | JSN | Metchie | W Robinson
TE: Engram | LaPorta | Pitts | Latu | Ferguson
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FLEX-K-DEF

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:08 am

This seems like a weird topic for a fantasy football forum

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:47 am

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:08 am This seems like a weird topic for a fantasy football forum
Can easily be turned around. I think Carr is a sneaky buy low in Dynasty. His numbers were extremely good last year (low TD pass total not withstanding) considering the poor OL play and lack of WR help. If they get him some help, I think a 2nd year in the offense will boost his totals. When he had conitinuity a few years back, he threw 32 and 28 TD"s before breaking his leg. I think he can get to around 24-26 TD's this year, and at least hit the same yardage, probably more.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:59 am

I dont see many raiders games, but the couple I’ve seen since his back injury it looks like he plays scared to me. Maybe it was just those games and it’s not the norm, but it definitely cut my interest in acquiring him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:26 am

Huh wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:59 am I dont see many raiders games, but the couple I’ve seen since his back injury it looks like he plays scared to me. Maybe it was just those games and it’s not the norm, but it definitely cut my interest in acquiring him.
I don't think Carr plays scared, he just had atrocious OL play, and needs to get the ball out.

https://youtu.be/ESmVLBdAsAQ?t=199

In this play, if he's scared. He'd fold. He stands in the pocket and throws a perfect pass and gets drilled in the ribs, and he knows it's coming. I don't buy the scared thing, personally.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:50 am

FackFuce wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:02 am I'm hoping for A LOT this year.
There's your 1st mistake ;)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:48 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:50 am
I'm so impressed that we're already in the off-season optimism stage for the Gruden era. I don't know what I would have taken away as positive this season if I was a Raiders fan...

Oh well. Only 8 years, 47 weeks, 3 days, and 88 million dollars to go. :D
https://isgrudengoneyet.com/

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:23 pm

This will be an interesting, if not tenure-defining draft for the Raiders. I think everyone wants to see how a draft expert like Mike Mayock translates into making the right picks for a professional team.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:46 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:23 pm This will be an interesting, if not tenure-defining draft for the Raiders. I think everyone wants to see how a draft expert like Mike Mayock translates into making the right picks for a professional team.
... except Gruden has complete personnel control now, and already won numerous power struggles last year to influence draft picks whilst maintaining an "alternate big board" to his GM and scouts. Gruden Grinders! Real men! GRRRRRReat stuff.

I mean... what (more) could go wrong? :lol:

Given all that took place last season, I'm not sure how much more "tenure defining" we need. But I am SO excited to watch them blow this draft. Raiders win total under, lock of the year. :thumbup:

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:50 pm

Trust the process

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:44 pm

mild wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:48 am
I'm so impressed that we're already in the off-season optimism stage for the Gruden era. I don't know what I would have taken away as positive this season if I was a Raiders fan...

I love that link. Seen it before and the money they throw at him always amazes me

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:20 pm

mild wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:48 am

Barring an extension of course. :problem:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:37 pm

mild wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:46 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:23 pm This will be an interesting, if not tenure-defining draft for the Raiders. I think everyone wants to see how a draft expert like Mike Mayock translates into making the right picks for a professional team.
... except Gruden has complete personnel control now, and already won numerous power struggles last year to influence draft picks whilst maintaining an "alternate big board" to his GM and scouts. Gruden Grinders! Real men! GRRRRRReat stuff.

I mean... what (more) could go wrong? :lol:

Given all that took place last season, I'm not sure how much more "tenure defining" we need. But I am SO excited to watch them blow this draft. Raiders win total under, lock of the year. :thumbup:
Why do you have such a hate for the guy? There is absolutely no way Gruden should be judged on success or failure for another few years. He's starting a complete overhaul of a roster. We won't know until a year or two into their Vegas tenure if Gruden got it right.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:08 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:37 pm Why do you have such a hate for the guy? There is absolutely no way Gruden should be judged on success or failure for another few years. He's starting a complete overhaul of a roster. We won't know until a year or two into their Vegas tenure if Gruden got it right.
Funny stuff! Hate would imply that this is in any way personal and biased. Its really not - I've given nothing but facts! These are all things that really happened!

"The definition of insanity is repeating the same actions, and expecting a different result."

We have seen Gruden run one franchise into the ground already. We have listened to him give objectively the least insightful broadcasts for the last decade-and-change. In Year 1, he took what appeared to be a pretty mid-talent roster, alienated and traded his two best players (who were then motivated to put up elite production on their new teams) and openly courted a QB controversy with his starter in the media. There were numerous other questionable moves. They won four games.

I agree that we will have to suspend a tiny sliver of judgement for the draft. But this is the same team that couldn't get production out of Amari Cooper, who now looks reborn in what we know is an extremely basic DAL offensive system. Why should I believe that any top-tier talent that arrives in Oakland is in safe hands for development with Chucky running the show?

And why does this extremely logical and fact-based breakdown of the situation mean that I'm a hater? I think we know. :wink: