Eliminating Kickoffs!?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Eliminating Kickoffs!?

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:27 pm

The league apparently is considering this, as it is supposedly dangerous. How do we feel about this? I don't like it. How would this affect onside kicks? What if you are trailing by 2 possessions? Is this being considered?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Eliminating Kickoffs!?

Postby skip » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:37 pm

Terrible idea. Even worse than the stupid overtime rules.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

myndflyte
Role Player
Role Player

Postby myndflyte » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:26 am

Hasn't this been mentioned the past couple years or so? How many kick offs don't end in a touchback since they moved the kickoff line of scrimmage? I'm guessing a small percentage. The league would be stupid to abandon it at this point.
12 team 0.5 pt PPR; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex
QB: Rodgers, Prescott, Lauletta (R)
RB: Gordon, Ajayi, Collins, Yeldon, Ekeler, Martin, Grant, Mizzell, David Williams, Jeffery Wilson, Warren
WR: Cooks, Boyd, Marvin Jones, Lockett, Coleman, Doctson, Goodwin, Cobb, T. Williams, Z. Jones, Roberts, Tate (R), Cain (R), Ellington, Cody Core, Beebe
TE: Kelce, Cook, Conklin, LaCosse
2019 Picks: 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5

12 team 1 pt PPR SF IDP; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 SFlex, 3 Flex, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 1 IDP Flex
QB: Newton, Stafford, Bortles, Kessler
RB: Hunt, Mixon, Lewis, Ekeler, Thompson, Bernard, Davis, Blount
WR: Evans, Lockett, Marvin Jones, Sanders, Lee, Pettis, Crabtree, Cole, Ateman, Lasley
TE: Rudolph, Seals-Jones
DL: Jordon, Ingram
LB: Jarrad Davis, Alonso, Avery Williamson, Warner, Van Noy, Golden, Baker, Shaun Dion Hamilton
DB: Poyer, Kazee, Collins, Jenkins, Cyprien
2019 Picks: 1.05, 2.05, 3.05, 4.05, 5.05, 6.05, 7.05

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Wed May 23, 2018 5:34 am

So it seems they kept the kickoff but changed some rules. The one change I don’t like is that as soon as the ball goes in the end zone it is an automatic touchback. The Eagles were really good at kicking the ball 2-4 yards deep in the end zone and forcing the return man to make a choice. Many times, the return man chose to return the ball and the Eagles would stop him well before the 25. Sometimes at the 10. Now, that strategy no longer exists. And our talented kicker can’t take advantage of that skill.
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Wed May 23, 2018 5:38 am

joeylitz wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:34 am So it seems they kept the kickoff but changed some rules. The one change I don’t like is that as soon as the ball goes in the end zone it is an automatic touchback. The Eagles were really good at kicking the ball 2-4 yards deep in the end zone and forcing the return man to make a choice. Many times, the return man chose to return the ball and the Eagles would stop him well before the 25. Sometimes at the 10. Now, that strategy no longer exists. And our talented kicker can’t take advantage of that skill.
Whoops. Apparently the ball is dead in the end zone only if it isn’t touched by the receiving team. Which I’m not sure I get...why would that be implemented?

This is a good video depicting most of the rule changes:
https://www.sbnation.com/2018/5/22/1736 ... -explained
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08: