Alex Smith Traded To Washington

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
lukkynumber13
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Alex Smith Traded To Washington

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:54 pm

Pullo Vision wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:39 am
thebeast wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:30 am
Defender wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:51 am
If Kirk is serious about wanting to go to a contender, I don’t see how any team is higher on his wishlist than Jacksonville. GREAT defense, above average run game, good WR corps even without A-Rob. The team went to the AFC championship with Bortles at the helm, for Pete’s sake!
Good WRs without ARob, what? They pretty easily have the worst WRs of all the teams that made the playoffs, which is why I fail to see the hate for Bortles. He was throwing to a 4th round rookie, a udfa rookie, and Marcedes Lewis in the conference finals. Adding Lee to that group does not make a good WR corp.
Absolutely. In a good receiving corps, Lewis is your backup TE and none of the WRs are higher than 3rd on the depth chart, except maybe Lee. That doesn't speak to long term, cause Cole and Westbrook are appealing prospects, but not starters for an aspiring contender.
x2
T1
LUCK, Flacco, J Allen, Brissett
MIXON, Ajayi, Collins, Yeldon, Chase E, R Smith, Jon Williams
KA/EVANS/DIGGS/HILTON/THIELEN, Sammy, C Davis, A Miller, Sanu, Tre'Quan, Terrance W, Bourne, Hansen, Fountain, Marshall
GRONK, Shaheen, Watson, Walford
-
DL: FLOWERS/HUGHES/ADDISON, Golden, Short, Okafor, Sheard, Malik J, Wolfe
LB: KENDRICKS/WILLIAMSON/ZACH C, Schobert, R. Evans, Warner, Onwuasor, Young, Milano, DJ
DB: ADDAE/AMOS/FARLEY, Simmons, John J, Heath, Maye

T2
JIMMY G, Rivers, Eli
GURLEY/GORDON/MIXON, Guice, Ajayi, Wilkins, Chase E
NUK/AJG/DIGGS/DT, Crabtree, Sanders, Shepard, P-Rich, Kenny G, Sanu, Hogan, Pryor, J'Mon, J Scott
ENGRAM, Doyle, Higbee, Vance, Everett, Herndon
-
DL: GRIFFEN/BUCKNER/HEYWARD, Golden, Short, Wilkerson, Wolfe, Ogbah, Spence
LB: KENDRICKS/BURFICT/DANNY T/HITCHENS/KJW, Leonard, Hicks, Warner, Ford, Simon, Goodson
DB: CHURCH/TAVON/POYER, Farley, John J, Geathers, Maye, McLeod, Quandre, D Everett

Shoreline Steamers
MVP
MVP

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:08 pm

That's interesting Pac_Eddy. It would seem that KC allowed Smith to have some sway in where he ended up? I mean, they clearly were letting him choose between Cleveland and Washington anyway. That's pretty solid as an organization.

KC is going to create some cap room for 2018 by moving on from several contacts, so they likely could have worked Talib in money wise. Could be the division rival issue, or maybe there's something else there? Talib can be a bit of a problem child, so there's that.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, (RB/WR/TE), K, D

QB: R. Wilson, C. Kelly
RB: L. Miller, J. Mixon, I. Crowell, S. Perine, Duke Johnson, K. Dixon
WR: D. Bryant, T.Y. Hilton, M. Thomas (N.O.), A. Jeffery, C. Godwin, J. Reynolds
TE: T. Kelce, E. Engram, D. Njoku
2018 Picks: 1.08, 1.11 Aug. Draft

Friction
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Friction » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:24 pm

I dont think MN dumps that much $$ into the position, even with the cap room. They have locked up some defensive players, but still have more to come, plus a couple other guys. They love Teddy, though he could be gone if they decide they love Case Kasem too. I would bet against that one. Even if it makes some sense and I would probably do it myself since I don't believe in either of those Qbs.
Dalvin Cook Dog Kennels
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Luck, Rivers, Brissett
RB:McCoy, Fournette, Coleman, Hunt, Foreman, Rawls,
WR: Brown, Julio, DT, Jeffrey, Samuel, Marqise
TE: Njoku, Kittle

Owner of 10,000 Lakes.
The internet; where people too afraid to have a face to face confrontation go to argue.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:25 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:08 pm
That's interesting Pac_Eddy. It would seem that KC allowed Smith to have some sway in where he ended up? I mean, they clearly were letting him choose between Cleveland and Washington anyway. That's pretty solid as an organization.

KC is going to create some cap room for 2018 by moving on from several contacts, so they likely could have worked Talib in money wise. Could be the division rival issue, or maybe there's something else there? Talib can be a bit of a problem child, so there's that.
My guess is it had something to do with Talib turning 32 next month and Fuller turning 23 next month and the fact that Fuller was one of, if not, the best slot corners in the league this year and that's a position they've been sorely lacking for a few years. They're good on the outside with Peters but need an inside guy to cover up holes.
12 Team 1QB/2RB/2WR/1FLEX/1TE/1DST, TE premium

QBs: Andrew Luck, Tyrod Taylor
RBs: David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Ty Montgomery, Doug Martin, Rob Kelley, De'Angelo Henderson, Chris Carson, James Conner, Austin Ekeler, Rod Smith
WRs: Amari Cooper, OBJ, Alshon Jeffery, Demaryius Thomas, Josh Doctson, Jeremy Maclin, Cooper Kupp
TEs: Jordan Reed, Jack Doyle, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Ricky Seals-Jones
DSTs: Bengals

Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =07&F=0007

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =07&F=0008

Legend of the Ring Co-owned League - The Two-Man Power Trip - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =07&F=0009

gopackgo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gopackgo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:25 pm

Chris Thompson will be a RB1 next year for sure! #checkdowncity
QB - Brady Wentz Goff
RB - Freeman C.Thompson Coleman Montgomery JWilliams J.White Mack Prosise
WR - Landry Goodwin Jordy Crabtree Watkins Shepard Conley
TE - Gronk ASJ Burton
D - GB KC
'18 Picks: 2(Guice), 3(Jones), 5(Penny), 9(DJ Moore), 12(KJohnson), 14(Gallup), 26(J Moore), 29(Hines), 31(St. Brown), 36(J.Allen), 48(Valdes-Scantling), 49 (Carlson - K)

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:34 pm

Pullo Vision wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:39 am
thebeast wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:30 am

Good WRs without ARob, what? They pretty easily have the worst WRs of all the teams that made the playoffs, which is why I fail to see the hate for Bortles. He was throwing to a 4th round rookie, a udfa rookie, and Marcedes Lewis in the conference finals. Adding Lee to that group does not make a good WR corp.
Absolutely. In a good receiving corps, Lewis is your backup TE and none of the WRs are higher than 3rd on the depth chart, except maybe Lee. That doesn't speak to long term, cause Cole and Westbrook are appealing prospects, but not starters for an aspiring contender.
You may disagree, but I still hold that the JAX offense made Bortles look half decent, not the other way around.
The standard is the standard.

dynastyfootball11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dynastyfootball11 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:41 pm

No idea how legit this guy is but.....

"@StevenSpector10 Cowherd just reported that Kirk Cousins and Broncos are close to a deal"
14 team IDP PPR Salary Cap
QB: Rodgers Trubisky Tannehill Rosen
RB: Elliott Kamara Gore Bernard Clement Jo.Williams
WR: Hilton Allen Cooks Cooper Dez Cobb A.Wilson
TE: Olsen Doyle Ebron H.Henry

16 Team PPR
QB: Newton Goff Bradford
RB: Gordon Howard D.Lewis J.White Sproles Darkwa McGuire
WR: OBJ Hopkins Watkins Agholor Kupp Treadwell C.Coleman T.Smith Beasley
TE: Walker Eifert Jarwin

16 Team IDP PPR Salary Cap
QB: Carr Winston Lynch
RB: Elliott Gordon Ajayi CJA Riddick Burkhead Barber
WR: Brown Allen Jeffery Diggs J.Matthews Ja.Brown B.Marshall T.Benjamin Maclin Allison
TE: Kelce Eifert D.Allen

Shoreline Steamers
MVP
MVP

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:53 pm

Welcome to the place threads go to die "Alex Smith Traded To Washington".

It was fun while it lasted.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, (RB/WR/TE), K, D

WR: D. Bryant, T.Y. Hilton, M. Thomas (N.O.), A. Jeffery, C. Godwin, J. Reynolds

Shoreline Steamers
MVP
MVP

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:02 pm

StableOfRBs wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:25 pm
My guess is it had something to do with Talib turning 32 next month and Fuller turning 23 next month and the fact that Fuller was one of, if not, the best slot corners in the league this year and that's a position they've been sorely lacking for a few years. They're good on the outside with Peters but need an inside guy to cover up holes.
That's a good point StableOfRBs, nice breakdown of the situation.

I just wish more people would be able to read and appreciate your take on this development.

Never Veto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:06 am

Friction wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:24 pm
I dont think MN dumps that much $$ into the position, even with the cap room. They have locked up some defensive players, but still have more to come, plus a couple other guys. They love Teddy, though he could be gone if they decide they love Case Kasem too. I would bet against that one. Even if it makes some sense and I would probably do it myself since I don't believe in either of those Qbs.
As a Vikes fan, he would be accepted with open arms here. I'm tired of the "maybe" QB's. We need a franchise QB.
20 Team Superflex (1/2 PPR / 6pt TD's)
11 Starters - QB 1(2), RB 2(4), WR 2(5), TE 2(3)

QB - Andrew Luck, Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles
RB - Le'Veon Bell, David Johnson, Jerick McKinnon, Jonathan Williams
WR - Odell Bechkam Jr, AJ Green, Adam Thielen, Allen Robinson, Laquon Treadwell
TE - Zach Ertz, Nick Vannett
PS - Joshua Dobbs, Davis Webb, Jake Butt
2018 Picks - 6.08, 6.17, 7.01, 7.17
16/17 Champion
13/14/15 Runner Up