NFL LONDON GAMES 2018

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

NFL LONDON GAMES 2018

Postby Blackout » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:52 am

Do the Jags have a big deal with NFL for playing a 6th straight year in London ? :think:

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: NFL LONDON GAMES 2018

Postby skip » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:52 am

Blackout wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:52 am Do the Jags have a big deal with NFL for playing a 6th straight year in London ? :think:
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/22/1634 ... england-uk

They will have a game in London at least thru 2020.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Well, i learn every day...Never heard about this partnership since the new Jags owner arrival. But the coincidence was too big :) Thanks skip.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:55 pm

Blackout wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:49 pm Well, i learn every day...Never heard about this partnership since the new Jags owner arrival. But the coincidence was too big :) Thanks skip.
Pretty sure it came about because of the lack of support by the fan base in Jacksonville. They started playing the game in London figuring it would be a bigger draw than playing that game at home. I don't think the NFL should be playing any games outside of the country but they seem dead set on it.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:05 am

skip wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:55 pm
Blackout wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:49 pm Well, i learn every day...Never heard about this partnership since the new Jags owner arrival. But the coincidence was too big :) Thanks skip.
Pretty sure it came about because of the lack of support by the fan base in Jacksonville. They started playing the game in London figuring it would be a bigger draw than playing that game at home. I don't think the NFL should be playing any games outside of the country but they seem dead set on it.
Yes, attendance in Jacksonville is surely the reason why. But i really don't understand the choice of London. If they wanted locations for games abroad it should have been Berlin or Munich, for example. When NFL Europa stopped, there were 5 German teams and one Dutch. "London Monarchs", the only English one, was not in this competition since a while. England has absolutely no American football "culture and blood". Over there, it's rugby, soccer ans cricket. Even if i'm french, fan base is too small, and i would not understand games in my country. However, it seems more legit for Mexico cause of big latina community in US, particularly in California and Texas. Oh otherwise...I heard about China...awful.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Blackout wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:05 am
skip wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:55 pm
Yes, attendance in Jacksonville is surely the reason why. But i really don't understand the choice of London. If they wanted locations for games abroad it should have been Berlin or Munich, for example. When NFL Europa stopped, there were 5 German teams and one Dutch. "London Monarchs", the only English one, was not in this competition since a while. England has absolutely no American football "culture and blood". Over there, it's rugby, soccer ans cricket. Even if i'm french, fan base is too small, and i would not understand games in my country. However, it seems more legit for Mexico cause of big latina community in US, particularly in California and Texas. Oh otherwise...I heard about China...awful.
Well, overall there is no way American football will be accepted overseas just like foreign sports aren't going to be accepted here. SOME people play soccer, rugby, etc. but overall these are never going to gain a huge foothold here in the States and it's arrogant to think that the opposite will happen. Very few sports have managed to cross cultural lines. Does anyone here even play cricket? Probably very few...yet it is one of the biggest, most popular sports in the world because in India it would be on par with the NFL.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:10 pm

Eagles vs. Jaguars could be very interesting to see.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:35 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:10 pm Eagles vs. Jaguars could be very interesting to see.
True. They are both outsiders for their CCG but as everything seems possible this year, there's a chance we just could have the SB 52 remake in London.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:26 pm

Blackout wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:35 pm
ArrylT wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:10 pm Eagles vs. Jaguars could be very interesting to see.
True. They are both outsiders for their CCG but as everything seems possible this year, there's a chance we just could have the SB 52 remake in London.
I was honestly thinking the same thing - although I feel the likelyhood is a Vikings/Patriots matchup - but a Super Bowl rematch in London would be pretty kewl.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..