Ben Watson

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Ben Watson

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:39 pm

The Browns have signed Ben Watson to a three-year, $12 million deal, according to ESPN.com.

Our View: Watson, who will get $6.35 in guaranteed money, was choosing between the Seahawks and Browns and ended up opting for Cleveland. The six-year veteran has been a fringe fantasy player for most of his career and should continue to be so with the Browns.
Fanball

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:42 pm

Solid move by the Browns, although Evan Moore owners might need to be talked off the ledge right now :lol: The Browns have done a good job I think with signing good "stopgap" players who can start for the next couple of seasons, while they can use a couple of years to develop their draft picks.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Shawn wrote:Solid move by the Browns, although Evan Moore owners might need to be talked off the ledge right now :lol:
That would be me, arggh! :cry:

In one league Moore is my backup to Celek, but in another league, all I have is Moore and (Trash) Heap and I was really counting on Moore to breakout in 2010. :(

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:04 am

Watson is hella fast and has good hands. He was vastly underutilized in NE. Hopefully he gets some use now and turns into a viable starter.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:03 am

thevidon2 wrote:Watson is hella fast and has good hands. He was vastly underutilized in NE. Hopefully he gets some use now and turns into a viable starter.
It seems like every time he got rolling in NE he would get hurt. He has the talent though so if he could stay healthy he could be a TE1 IMO