Brady Quinn on the trading block

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
BradyT
Legend
Legend

Brady Quinn on the trading block

Postby BradyT » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:53 am

Browns put Brady Quinn on the trading block

Quinn
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Brady Quinn is on the trading block.
The development isn't surprising. Quinn has been so inaccurate (52.1% completions in 14 career games) that Cleveland would probably be happy to take a late-round pick for him. Kansas City, where Quinn's college coach Charlie Weis is now the offensive coordinator, would be a sensible landing spot. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels, a former Weis pupil, also loves to trade. Mar. 10 - 12:47 pm et
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

If they indeed trade him, the Browns might select a QB very early in the draft... even trading up seems possible to make sure to get either Bradford or Clausen.

I wouldn´t agree with them trading Quinn. Why can´t they just give him a full year or two time to show what he really can do at QB???
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:55 am

About a month a d some change until the draft. Throw him out there now and then move him for a 4th rd pick is my guess at what they'll do.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:59 am

I seriously doubt the Browns take a first round QB even if they make a trade here. I think Holmgren will go BPA and build this team the right way...

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Is Quinn really that bad? I've thought about trying to swing trades in a few leagues for him at certain points but....just wonder if there is any point where or when he might be worth rostering?

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:57 pm

hosler427 wrote:I seriously doubt the Browns take a first round QB even if they make a trade here. I think Holmgren will go BPA and build this team the right way...
if the browns determine that there is a franchise QB in this draft they have to pull the trigger. It's not even an option. We as fans might hate it, but if the browns decide Bradford or clausen are franchise QBs and 1 is there at their pick....the qb is getting drafted over every other position.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:30 pm

hot nikkels wrote:
hosler427 wrote:I seriously doubt the Browns take a first round QB even if they make a trade here. I think Holmgren will go BPA and build this team the right way...
if the browns determine that there is a franchise QB in this draft they have to pull the trigger. It's not even an option. We as fans might hate it, but if the browns decide Bradford or clausen are franchise QBs and 1 is there at their pick....the qb is getting drafted over every other position.
I do hate it but that isn't why I am saying it...it isn't Holmgren's style. I think he is more likely to bring in another veteran and draft someone in the 2nd round or later.