Thomas Jones Signs With Chiefs

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:45 pm

Steelersfan wrote:According to Kent Babb on Twitter, Jamaal Charles is still the main back in Kansas City despite the Chiefs' recent signing of Thomas Jones.

Our View: Charles is expected to split carries with Jones 65-35, which should help him to stay fresh throughout the year. Last season he was all alone in the backfield and was apparently on fumes when the season drew to a close. Charles should still have fantasy value, but if Jones vultures his goal-line touches his worth will drop like a stone.
Fanball
You guys choose your goal line back based on the stats.

Player A

5'10/212 pounds
14 TD's in 2009
13 TD's in 2008

OR

Player B

5'11/199 pounds
7 TD's in 2009

As a bonus:
Player A rushed for 1452 yards in 2009 and 1312 yards in 2008.
Player B rushed for 1120 in 2009 and basically achieved a bulk of those yards from week 10 on.

Regarding touches and opportunity which equals Fantasy Value.

When Charles became the full time starter in week 10, he averaged over those games approx 20 carries a game and over the last four, 25 carries. With TJ now in the backfield, expect 15 carries a game.

The above two factors, loss of goal line carries and reduced touches equals one thing in my opinion.

----------------
Now playing: 30 Seconds To Mars - Fallen

tra151
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tra151 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:26 am

i think charles was being greatly over-rated as a top 10 back anyway. i really have a hard time believing that charles will be able to hold off jones for anything more than an even split of carries unless jones seriously falls off. jones is 32, but appears to have alot left in the tank. he is also known to work harder than just about anyone else in the game, which should hold of the age factor longer than most backs. i think jones could have held out for alittle better situation.
10 team dynasty ppr (1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1dst)
26 man roster
QB-Rodgers, Carr, Rudolph
RB-Mixon, Guice, Cohen, Drake, Dion Lewis, Damian Harris, Darwin Thompson, Mattison, Mostert, ADP
WR-Davante Adams, Tyreek, Golladay, AJ Green, Fitz, Josh Gordon, Westbrook, Robby Anderson, N’keal Harry
TE- Kittle, Jimmy Graham
NE DST Jax DST

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:30 am

Jones was a product of the system and a good offensive line in New York. A system that will successfully run the ball with any NFL caliber running back. Thomas Jones will be lucky to fair much better than Larry Johnson did. However, I still foresee him significantly hurting the value of Charles, at least for one year...