Reggie Brown to Bucs

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Reggie Brown to Bucs

Postby blacksheep » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:29 pm

From Rotoworld-

Buccaneers acquired WR Reggie Brown from the Eagles in exchange for a sixth-round pick in the 2011 NFL Draft.

Brown, 29, fell out of the Eagles' receiver rotation in 2008 following three pedestrian seasons as a starter to begin his career, and caught just nine balls in seven games last year. While not a difference-making talent, the 2005 No. 35 overall pick is a worthwhile pickup for a Bucs team that currently has the league's weakest receiver corps. Brown could ascend to a starting job in Tampa Bay with a good offseason and perhaps approach WR5 fantasy value. Mar. 8 - 8:14 pm et
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:47 pm

I like this move for the Bucs. Maybe Brown can rebound back into fantasy relevance again...

GrillMeister
Rookie
Rookie

Postby GrillMeister » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Reggie Brown is terrible. For a couple of seasons it looked like he might break out but never did. Doesn't surprise me that Bucs would want him. If they're willing to pay a bundle for Michael Clayton...

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:09 am

I can't think of a worse WR corps then the Bucs. Stroughter, Stovall, Clayton, and Brown.

I love Freeman and own him in the DLF 3 but they have to get him some help if he is ever going to be a successful QB.

I think anyone of us could make better personel decisions then the Buc brass right now...Reggie Brown makes zero sense and does nothing but make a weak WR corp weaker.

Since the WR problem has now been addressed, what holes do the Bucs address now!!! :lol:

----------------
Now playing: Joe Satriani - Bamboo

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:27 am

Pilate wrote:I can't think of a worse WR corps then the Bucs. Stroughter, Stovall, Clayton, and Brown.

I love Freeman and own him in the DLF 3 but they have to get him some help if he is ever going to be a successful QB.

I think anyone of us could make better personel decisions then the Buc brass right now...Reggie Brown makes zero sense and does nothing but make a weak WR corp weaker.

Since the WR problem has now been addressed, what holes do the Bucs address now!!! :lol:

----------------
I think the GM and head coaches jobs should be the first ones addressed :wink:

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:02 am

hosler427 wrote:
Pilate wrote:I can't think of a worse WR corps then the Bucs. Stroughter, Stovall, Clayton, and Brown.

----------------

My thoughts exactly! :wink:

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:07 am

yumbo wrote:
hosler427 wrote:

----------------

My thoughts exactly! :wink:
I agree, although you could take this even further and say that the problems here start with the crazy ownership of the Glazers here. It seems like the Glazers have made a lot of bad moves with the franchise recently, especially in firing Gruden a couple of years ago about a month AFTER all other good replacements had already found work.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince