A.Kampman to JAC

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
BradyT
Legend
Legend

A.Kampman to JAC

Postby BradyT » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:04 am

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/07/jaguars ... an-osgood/
Jaguars snag Pro Bowlers Kampman, Osgood

Posted: March 7th, 2010 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: 2010 Free Agency, Aaron Kampman, Green Bay Packers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Jason La Canfora, Kassim Osgood, Mike McCarthy

Aaron Kampman signed a multiyear deal with the Jaguars late Saturday night, a league source told NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora.

The two-time Pro Bowl pass rusher, who was in Jacksonville for a free-agent visit Saturday, will be announced at a news conference Sunday.

It was the second Pro Bowl free-agent deal negotiated by the Jaguars on Saturday, as the team also signed special-teams ace Kassim Osgood.

Kampman, who struggled in his transition from a 4-3 defensive end to a 3-4 outside linebacker with the Packers last season, should immediately help a Jaguars defense that finished the 2009 season with a league-low 14 sacks. He will be used as an end in Jacksonville’s 4-3 scheme.

In the Packers’ 4-3 scheme, Kampman was annually among the league leaders in sacks. He compiled 37 sacks from 2006 to 2008, but dropped off last season when he had just 3.5 sacks in new defensive coordinator Dom Capers’ 3-4 scheme. Kampman tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in Week 11 and spent the remainder of the season on injured reserve.

There was some concern over the injury, but Packers coach Mike McCarthy had recently stated that Kampman was well ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation.

Jacksonville was Kampman’s lone free-agent visit, although Seattle and Philadelphia reportedly were interested, too.

Osgood, a three-time Pro Bowl special-teams selection, spent most of his career in San Diego as the Chargers’ fourth or fifth wide receiver. He had been seeking a team that would give him a shot at becoming a more prominent piece of its offense.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:43 am

I'm very happy for Aaron - he was a great player for the Packers, but obviously didn't fit in the new defense. He should be able to return to his dominant sacks stats with the Jags.

-oo-

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:46 am

meineymoe wrote:I'm very happy for Aaron - he was a great player for the Packers, but obviously didn't fit in the new defense. He should be able to return to his dominant sacks stats with the Jags.

-oo-
I'm hoping that you're right. I have him on a couple of my teams, hoping that this would happen!

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:50 am

yumbo wrote:
meineymoe wrote:I'm very happy for Aaron - he was a great player for the Packers, but obviously didn't fit in the new defense. He should be able to return to his dominant sacks stats with the Jags.

-oo-
I'm hoping that you're right. I have him on a couple of my teams, hoping that this would happen!
Agreed! I have him in one league and he´s definately more useable at DE.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11