Boldin to Ravens: Done Deal.

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Misfit74 wrote:I have to say that I'm more interested in how this move affects Doucet and Breaston. Does Doucet step into Boldin's role, keeping Breaston in his familiar WR3 position? Being a Doucet owner on a few teams has my interest piqued. I've never drafted Boldin or owned him on a team.
Doucet should step into the WR2 role as I feel he is better suited for it than Breaston.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:10 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:I have to say that I'm more interested in how this move affects Doucet and Breaston. Does Doucet step into Boldin's role, keeping Breaston in his familiar WR3 position? Being a Doucet owner on a few teams has my interest piqued. I've never drafted Boldin or owned him on a team.
Doucet should step into the WR2 role as I feel he is better suited for it than Breaston.
I agree. Doucet is a much more similar player to Boldin, and I think he will take his spot. However, there has to be a QB to get him the ball...
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:31 pm

GridIronFavre wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
I agree. Doucet is a much more similar player to Boldin, and I think he will take his spot. However, there has to be a QB to get him the ball...
Precisely my friend. The jury is still out on that whole situation.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:03 pm

skip wrote:Boldin will be moving up my rankings with this news.
Take away a Hall of Fame quarterback who can really sling the ball (Warner) with Fitz drawing double-teams and rolled coverages on the other side and replace that with Joe Flacco and Mark Clayton and he moves up in the rankings? I don't get it, Skip.

Allow me to expand upon my perception regarding the Boldin trade:

And on top of that, injury-prone receivers don't usually get healthier as they turn 30, do they? :shock:

And, I haven't even mentioned the fact that Boldin is now playing in the AFC North instead of the NFC West. As much as I love my Seahawks, the NFC West is widely regarded as one of, if not THE worst divisions in football. Instead of playing the Rams, Seahawks, and Niners Boldin now faces the Steelers, Bengals, and well...the Browns. :lol: Boldin arguably left the best situation he could possibly be in of all the teams in the NFL: passing team, HoF QB, weak division, and an elite WR playing opposite him and drawing the opponents' #1 Corner. I don't think his situation improved in the slightest. To me, this change of scenery is more similar to if Boldin went to the Jets.
Last edited by Misfit74 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
skip wrote:Boldin will be moving up my rankings with this news.
Take away a Hall of Fame quarterback who can really sling the ball (Warner) with Fitz drawing double-teams and rolled coverages on the other side and replace that with Joe Flacco and Mark Clayton and he moves up in the rankings? I don't get it, Skip. And on top of that, injury-prone receivers don't usually get healthier as they turn 30, do they? :shock:
My previous ranking was assuming Leinart was at the helm, not Warner. I don't have my dynasty QB rankings up just yet, but Flacco will be plenty high enough.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:03 am

Steelersfan wrote:

Considering having him drafted in the DLF III I absolutely love this news!!!! :) and having Boldin in the DLF II doen´t hurt either with him joining the Ravens! Good news!!! :lol:
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11