Chester Taylor

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Chester Taylor

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:02 am

The Bears have set up a visit for free agent Chester Taylor on Friday.

The Vikings are likely hoping that Taylor signs quickly so that they can get into the bidding for free agents. As a "final eight team," Minnesota is basically sitting on its hands until a top UFA gets away. If he signs with the Vikings, it's believed Taylor could push for Matt Forte's starting job.
Rotoworld

:shock:

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Re: Chester Taylor

Postby Misfit74 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:42 am

Steelersfan wrote:The Bears have set up a visit for free agent Chester Taylor on Friday.

The Vikings are likely hoping that Taylor signs quickly so that they can get into the bidding for free agents. As a "final eight team," Minnesota is basically sitting on its hands until a top UFA gets away. If he signs with the Vikings, it's believed Taylor could push for Matt Forte's starting job.
Rotoworld

Matt Forte plays for the Vikings? Who knew? :lol:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Chester Taylor

Postby grimace » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:48 am

Misfit74 wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:The Bears have set up a visit for free agent Chester Taylor on Friday.

Rotoworld

Matt Forte plays for the Vikings? Who knew? :lol:
Damn you Martz first you ruin Olsen now Forte :twisted:

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:51 am

Martz isn't ruining Forte at all...

2008 3.9 ypc
2009 3.6 ypc

Frankly, I think this is more of a shortcoming of the offensive line in Chicago than anything else, but those numbers have to be cause for concern. At Chester's age, I highly doubt anyone is going to give him any real shot for a major workload. But he could see a fair amount of time spelling someone. Chicago is a good landing spot as they really need someone to compliment Forte. Of greater concern will be which back is in on passing downs. This has been one of Forte's greater upsides from a fantasy perspective, but that is something that Chester brings to a team as well.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:05 am

skip wrote:Martz isn't ruining Forte at all...

2008 3.9 ypc
2009 3.6 ypc

Frankly, I think this is more of a shortcoming of the offensive line in Chicago than anything else, but those numbers have to be cause for concern. At Chester's age, I highly doubt anyone is going to give him any real shot for a major workload. But he could see a fair amount of time spelling someone. Chicago is a good landing spot as they really need someone to compliment Forte. Of greater concern will be which back is in on passing downs. This has been one of Forte's greater upsides from a fantasy perspective, but that is something that Chester brings to a team as well.
It was me trying to be funny with the comment about Taylor fighting Forte for the starting spot with the Vikings, since the ears may trade Olsen since he doesn't fit into Martz system.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 am

grimace wrote:
skip wrote:Martz isn't ruining Forte at all...

2008 3.9 ypc
2009 3.6 ypc

It was me trying to be funny with the comment about Taylor fighting Forte for the starting spot with the Vikings, since the ears may trade Olsen since he doesn't fit into Martz system.
This could end up being a real timeshare if Taylor goes to Chicago though, Taylor was supposed to be the starter in Minnesota, its just that he had the misfortune of having ADP fall to the Vikings right after he signed a big deal there.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:10 pm

Chester Taylor will stay in the NFC North.

The former Viking agreed to a four-year, $12 million contract with Chicago, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. $7 million is guaranteed in the first year.

The Bears are just getting their checkbook warmed up, with a deal for Julius Peppers on the way shortly.

Taylor's contract, like the one for Kyle Vanden Bosch, includes a lot of front-loaded money in the uncapped year. Look for Taylor and Matt Forte to split up the workload in Chicago next season.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:48 pm

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:47 pm

I still don't get the signing. Similar skill sets. Needed to bring a thumper in. Forte is dunzo...at least for 2010.

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Ouch. That really hurts Forte's value. Sucks for my DLF1 team. Glad I didn't give Dan the 1.03 or 1.04 for Forte in the UDL,
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:32 pm

BubbaBurst wrote:Ouch. That really hurts Forte's value. Sucks for my DLF1 team. Glad I didn't give Dan the 1.03 or 1.04 for Forte in the UDL,
Same for me in DLF III. Anyone know of any good sites for 2011 rookie draft projections? :lol: It appears I'll be a bottom-feeder in 2010.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Well, I traded him because i knew he wouldn't be AP's backup anymore. I think he'll have a similar role in Chicago.

I read somewhere that Westbrook may end up in Minnesota as Taylors replacement!

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

acerocknut
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby acerocknut » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:00 pm

anyone know what that means for the vikes signing a free agent? did chicago try and structure the deal to make it so they dont have much in the way of first year salary to screw them? like 7million up front i think so how close would that be so the vikes could try and get rolle?
qb Josh Allen
rb Mixon, Chubb, Cmac, Darrynton Evans
wr Mike Evans, Davante Adams, Michael Thomas, Sutton, Claypool, Gabe Davis, Van Jefferson, Collin Johnson, Preston Williams. Mike Williams
te Kelce, Engram
lb Bobby Wagner, Dion Jones
de Quinnen Williams
db Budda Baker

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:01 pm

yumbo wrote:Well, I traded him because i knew he wouldn't be AP's backup anymore. I think he'll have a similar role in Chicago.

I read somewhere that Westbrook may end up in Minnesota as Taylors replacement!
I read somewhere that probably isn't going to happen because Westbrook can't hold up on turf. We shall see.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:13 am

I like having traded away Forte for J.Stewart a few weeks ago.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11