LT Released

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
skip
GOAT
GOAT

LT Released

Postby skip » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:29 pm

With LT gone, Sproles too expensive, and Bennett too old a complete overhaul should be expected in that backfield. Anyone want to project who may be brought in as an FA to compete for the starting job?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:32 pm

Possibly someone like Chester Taylor along with a rookie???

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:06 pm

The Chargers want to dish Cromartie for a RB. Lynch comes to mind. Both guys could probably use a change of scenery. There is precedent for a CB for RB trade. Bailey was traded for Portis back in the day.

That deal is very doable for both sides. They could however go another route and draft a RB. Gonna be fun to see it play out.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:12 pm

hosler427 wrote:Possibly someone like Chester Taylor along with a rookie???
They could do this, but why would they do that as opposed to getting a player like Lynch who's younger and more talented and draft a young RB later in the draft? Or pick up Chester as well as acquire Lynch and address other needs in the draft?

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:26 pm

I can see them letting Sproles go also, Trade for Lynch then draft a kid like Best/McCluster/McKnight in the 2nd/3rd round to take Sproles spot.

But then again I am a hopeful Lynch owner.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:30 pm

I'm thinking they may take a look at trade possibilities for Lynch but they will more than likely draft Lt's replacement. As for LT, where will he land? Detroit?

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:31 pm

hot nikkels wrote:
hosler427 wrote:Possibly someone like Chester Taylor along with a rookie???
They could do this, but why would they do that as opposed to getting a player like Lynch who's younger and more talented and draft a young RB later in the draft? Or pick up Chester as well as acquire Lynch and address other needs in the draft?
Mainly because the question was about free agents which Taylor is. A Cromartie for Lynch deal assumes that the Bills would have interest in Cromartie. If they would rather go the draft pick route than I am sure there are plenty of teams that would be interested.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:33 pm

Steelersfan wrote:I'm thinking they may take a look at trade possibilities for Lynch but they will more than likely draft Lt's replacement. As for LT, where will he land? Detroit?
LT made a statement that he wants to win a ring. So I'm guessing Detroit is out of the mix. He might retire if a solid ball club doesn't come a knockin.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:34 pm

hot nikkels wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:I'm thinking they may take a look at trade possibilities for Lynch but they will more than likely draft Lt's replacement. As for LT, where will he land? Detroit?
LT made a statement that he wants to win a ring. So I'm guessing Detroit is out of the mix. He might retire if a solid ball club doesn't come a knockin.
How about LT in New England?? Makes sense to me....they aren't afraid of an aging vet there.

ccteam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ccteam » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:54 pm

hosler427 wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:
How about LT in New England?? Makes sense to me....they aren't afraid of an aging vet there.
And since they never give any one back double digit touches in a game, he might last all season, lol.
12 team PPR Q, R, R, W, W, W/R, W/T, TE, K - 36 player rosters
E Manning Dalton
Sproles, D Brown Mendenhall, Blount, Hillis, Gerhart, Moreno
Fitz, White, Holmes, Rice TBMW, Royal, Edwards, Bess
Pettigrew H Miller

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:23 pm

hosler427 wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:

My thoughts exactly, Dan!!!! :wink: He would be great up here! He wouldn't need to carry the load. He's a perfect Belichick kind of guy at this point in his career!

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:36 pm

McGahee and Dwyer.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:31 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:McGahee and Dwyer.
Didn´t BAL show some signs of intending to keep McGahee?

I think the Cromartie(+ a little x)/Lynch-scenario looks fitting for both teams.

As for LT: sad end imo.... he should´ve realized SD offering a very good chance of winning a ring. He is obviously declining.. so he should´ve forgot about his pride, take a paycut and play for the team has all of his career and actually finish his HOF career there.

Now a team like NE seems possible/likely..
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Already hearing rumors of DeWill going to the Chargers...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:45 pm

skip wrote:Already hearing rumors of DeWill going to the Chargers...
Source? :)
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11