Moss out of NE after the 2010 season

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
ccteam
Role Player
Role Player

Moss out of NE after the 2010 season

Postby ccteam » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:50 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/ne ... id=4932422

Wide receiver Randy Moss said Saturday night that he believes 2010 will be his final season with the New England Patriots.

"I don't think they are going to extend my contract here," said Moss, who is entering the final season of a three-year, $27 million contract he signed after the 2007 season. "I understand the beast, the nature of it. I think that just with what I think and what I know I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. So, after this season if there is not a lockout I'll be looking for a new team. I got a lot of respect for the Patriots and what they did for me and my family. So, the only thing I can do is just play this year out and see what my future holds after that. "

Moss' comments were made at former Patriot Heath Evans' charity softball event in Jupiter, Fla., and were reported by the Boston Globe and Boston Herald.

Moss, 33, stressed that he held no ill will toward the team, basing his prediction on the economics of football and of the Patriots' way of doing business.

"It's the business of it, man," Moss said. "You got to understand the business of football. There is not bad blood. There is no animosity on my side or their side. I think it's just the nature of the business of the NFL.

"You know the Patriots don't really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise. I understand the business. I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. I'm not mad. I'm not bitter. It's just the way things are in this NFL, so like I said after this year I'll be looking for a new team. I think so."

Moss had a more optimistic outlook for quarterback Tom Brady, who, like Moss, is entering the final year of his contract in New England.

"I don't really know what's going on with his situation or his contract, but if you ask me personally I think that Tom Brady is going to be a New England Patriot," Moss said.

Moss had an up-and-down season in New England. He was sent home by the Patriots for showing up late for a team meeting during a snowstorm, had his effort questioned by an opponent, yet still finished with 83 catches for 1,234 yards and 13 touchdowns. Last month, a source told ESPNBoston.com Moss played much of the season with a separated shoulder.

"The last couple of years I've played through so much," Moss said Saturday. "You know I've never let the team down, as far as going out there every Sunday. I still showed at 32 years of age, now I'm 33, that I am durable. So, like I said if they want to give me a new contract I would entertain that, but I don't really think that I'm going to be a New England Patriot next year. So, I'll play this year out and then look for whatever the future is next."
12 team PPR Q, R, R, W, W, W/R, W/T, TE, K - 36 player rosters
E Manning Dalton
Sproles, D Brown Mendenhall, Blount, Hillis, Gerhart, Moreno
Fitz, White, Holmes, Rice TBMW, Royal, Edwards, Bess
Pettigrew H Miller

ccteam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ccteam » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:52 am

So where does everyone see him going if there isn't a lockout in 2011? I think it may be too early to tell, but my Browns could sure use a good WR, lol. I am sure Cleveland is JUST the place Moss would LOVE to go, lol.
12 team PPR Q, R, R, W, W, W/R, W/T, TE, K - 36 player rosters
E Manning Dalton
Sproles, D Brown Mendenhall, Blount, Hillis, Gerhart, Moreno
Fitz, White, Holmes, Rice TBMW, Royal, Edwards, Bess
Pettigrew H Miller

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:30 am

If Randy truly believes this he should have a great 2010 if he is playing for a FA contract.
2009/2010 Devil's Dynasty Champion
2010 DLF Veterans Invitational Champion
2010 Beer Drinkers Dynasty Champion
2010 Devil's Dynasty II Champion

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:30 am

All I have to say is..........CONTRACT YEAR!!!! He's gonna tear it up just like he always does. Guy seperates his shoulder in week 5 and still puts up big numbers. If he has a lack of motivation, I'd say this year will change that a bit.

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:50 pm

I don't believe any of it. He's just posturing for an extension.
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:33 pm

ccteam wrote:So where does everyone see him going if there isn't a lockout in 2011? I think it may be too early to tell, but my Browns could sure use a good WR, lol. I am sure Cleveland is JUST the place Moss would LOVE to go, lol.
Well at least he'd have Brady throwing him the ball......er...wait.... it's not THAT Brady!!!! 8-) :lol:

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:40 pm

yumbo wrote:
ccteam wrote:So where does everyone see him going if there isn't a lockout in 2011? I think it may be too early to tell, but my Browns could sure use a good WR, lol. I am sure Cleveland is JUST the place Moss would LOVE to go, lol.
Well at least he'd have Brady throwing him the ball......er...wait.... it's not THAT Brady!!!! 8-) :lol:
Hey.. if they need a QB.. I´d be up for it... 10-20 yards I´m good... :wink:
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11