Brandon Tate

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
off
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Brandon Tate

Postby off » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:59 am

I just wanted to get everyone's feelings on Brandon Tate from a dynasty perspective coming into this year. Of course he spent most of his rookie recovering from injury. He is playing behind Randy Moss on one of the more prolific passing teams in the league. And it seems like age and discontent is slowly catching up to Randy. On the downside, the whole Pats offense is aging. Plus the Wes Welker receiver position is receiving more and more of the targets, or so it seems. So, what does everyone feel about Tate's prospects?

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:16 pm

I think he is an interesting deep stash if he sitting on the waiver wire, but I wouldn't be buying him for any significant cost or counting on him for even spot starts until you see if he can get and stay healthy for a little.

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:19 pm

I like the idea of a #3 WR in New England. Very similar potential to a #3 WR in Indy or New Orleans, but with Tate you get the bonus of return yard potential (as well as the posibility that he will grow in behind Welker or Moss).

I'm glad to see he's doing well in rehab.

I'll still be left with a choice closer to the 2010 season. Tate or L.Robinson from St.Louis for my WR#5.

Birdie048
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Birdie048 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:04 pm

The Pyrate wrote:I like the idea of a #3 WR in New England. Very similar potential to a #3 WR in Indy or New Orleans, but with Tate you get the bonus of return yard potential (as well as the posibility that he will grow in behind Welker or Moss).

I'm glad to see he's doing well in rehab.

I'll still be left with a choice closer to the 2010 season. Tate or L.Robinson from St.Louis for my WR#5.
Talk of Randy's discontent did not account for his injury - separated shoulder in October. He is still a Top 5 WR even at age 33. He will draw the #1 Corner and give Welker, Edelman & Tate good value. Welker's recovery could be a concern.
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/ne ... id=4877704

I see Tate as sleeper value, and good to hold on to.