Chris Cooley

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Chris Cooley

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:59 pm

There have been rumors swirling that Cooley will be traded. I haven't heard of possible landing spots, but this would be good news for my team in my keeper league in which I kept Cooley and Fred Davis. Any opinions on possible landing spots for the former pro-bowler?

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Directly off the top of my head the only team I had considred would be KC.

Not saying it would be likely BUT they dont have anyhone there now that Gonzo is in Atlanta.

Giving Cassel a target like Cooley isnt a bad idea and Pioli is a pretty smart guy.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:00 am

Top of my list would be
KC (already mentioned) and Cleveland - I dont care who their QB is, when your best receivers are rookies and journeymen you become one dimensional. Cribbs not included although Mangina totally misused his talents on offense.

Other teams that could use a TE upgrade
Cincinnati - this situation has Gresham written all over it
Carolina - Matt Moore needs someone to throw to besides the other Steve Smith
St Louis - They need help everywhere, especially could use a safety valve like Cooley if they draft a QB this year.
Arizona - wouldn't happen but Leinart could use a reliable pass catching TE to help his development along.
NY Giants - doubtful he's traded in division
New England - they have three 2nd round picks to play with, could offer pick #47 if Watson isnt resigned. Hopefully Belicheck is still smarting over trading Dave Thomas for a 6 or 7th round pick (I forgot what pick they received). I always liked Thomas but hate how NE uses the TE position so I don't see NE making this move.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:14 pm

rkrazy wrote:Top of my list would be
KC (already mentioned) and Cleveland - I dont care who their QB is, when your best receivers are rookies and journeymen you become one dimensional. Cribbs not included although Mangina totally misused his talents on offense.

Other teams that could use a TE upgrade
Cincinnati - this situation has Gresham written all over it
Carolina - Matt Moore needs someone to throw to besides the other Steve Smith
St Louis - They need help everywhere, especially could use a safety valve like Cooley if they draft a QB this year.
Arizona - wouldn't happen but Leinart could use a reliable pass catching TE to help his development along.
NY Giants - doubtful he's traded in division
New England - they have three 2nd round picks to play with, could offer pick #47 if Watson isnt resigned. Hopefully Belicheck is still smarting over trading Dave Thomas for a 6 or 7th round pick (I forgot what pick they received). I always liked Thomas but hate how NE uses the TE position so I don't see NE making this move.
If Cooley gets traded to the Chiefs, you can then trade Cooley for Brandon Marshall!!! :lol: Blitz this is a homer and would probably go for it!!!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:40 pm

I really don't see Cooley going anywhere.