Lions RB situation

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Lions RB situation

Postby Risky bidness » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:23 pm

Lions GM Martin mayhew said he will be looking for a RB this offseason. I guess this might sound funny, but what RB in the league currently could use a change of scenery to Detroit?

Michael bush would look pretty good in the silver and blue!!!

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:26 pm

LenDale White comes to mind right away

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Lions RB situation

Postby Shawn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:27 pm

hot nikkels wrote:Lions GM Martin mayhew said he will be looking for a RB this offseason. I guess this might sound funny, but what RB in the league currently could use a change of scenery to Detroit?

Michael or Reggie Bush, Clinton Portis, Marshawn Lynch, Ronnie Brown, Justin Forsett, Tomlinson to name a few
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:41 pm

McGahee

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:02 pm

hostile wrote:McGahee
Yep, or White.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:07 pm

I'm thinking that White will be a Lion also. Excellent opportunity for Michael Bush though but don't see Grandpa Davis letting him go very easy.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:23 pm

Willis Mcgahee and Michael Bush are the 3-1 odds right now to land there. Either that or hoping that Blount lasts till the 4th.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Shawn wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:Lions GM Martin mayhew said he will be looking for a RB this offseason. I guess this might sound funny, but what RB in the league currently could use a change of scenery to Detroit?

Michael or Reggie Bush, Clinton Portis, Marshawn Lynch, Ronnie Brown, Justin Forsett, Tomlinson to name a few
Damn, the bold guys all on my roster. :shock:

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:25 pm

They don't need to shell out big bucks (or picks) for a 'Name' back. The Lions can just draft on3 in the first 3 rounds or so, and most players in that area of the draft at RB should be an upgrade, at least until when/if Kevin Smith returns to 100%.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:36 pm

Shawn wrote:

I would take either of the Bush's, White, or Forsett but PLEASE no to the others.

Portis = Old and too expensive
Lycnh = Ratard
Ronnie Brown = glass and too pricey
Tomlinson = See Portis
2009/2010 Devil's Dynasty Champion
2010 DLF Veterans Invitational Champion
2010 Beer Drinkers Dynasty Champion
2010 Devil's Dynasty II Champion

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:17 pm

No to ronnie brown. Hes a dolphin for eva :) lol

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:36 am

pvballer3915 wrote:No to ronnie brown. Hes a dolphin for eva :) lol
not to mention he'll be a RFA if there is no CBA. What is it like 20 days until it goes uncapped?

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:24 am

Lions beat writer Tom Kowalski expects the team to show interest in DeAngelo Williams this offseason.

Kowalski suggests offering the team's second-round pick (No. 34) overall. Williams, though, is a top-ten talent at the running back position and integral to Carolina's run-heavy offense. The Panthers might take such an offer more seriously if Jonathan Stewart wasn't recovering from Achilles' surgery.
Source: MLive.com
Rotoworld

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:17 pm

Steelersfan wrote:Lions beat writer Tom Kowalski expects the team to show interest in DeAngelo Williams this offseason.

Kowalski suggests offering the team's second-round pick (No. 34) overall. Williams, though, is a top-ten talent at the running back position and integral to Carolina's run-heavy offense. The Panthers might take such an offer more seriously if Jonathan Stewart wasn't recovering from Achilles' surgery.
Rotoworld
I don't imagine that one happening. That's the kind of move a team makes when the other pieces are in place and a stud RB will put them over the top, though Kowalski does sometimes get these things right. Peter King's suggestion that the Lions would be a good fit for Chester Taylor seems more likely to me.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:29 pm

jimmo wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:Lions beat writer Tom Kowalski expects the team to show interest in DeAngelo Williams this offseason.

Rotoworld
I don't imagine that one happening. That's the kind of move a team makes when the other pieces are in place and a stud RB will put them over the top, though Kowalski does sometimes get these things right. Peter King's suggestion that the Lions would be a good fit for Chester Taylor seems more likely to me.
I don't see the Vikings letting him go very easy, if not at all.