Likely McNabb landing spots?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Likely McNabb landing spots?

Postby Risky bidness » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:20 pm

I have heard that if Favre retires then the Vikes would go after McNabb. I'm not sure what the Eagles would command from the Vikes to make that happen.

Another rumor I heard tonight was that if Warner retires then the Cards could make a play for him. Last year the rumor mill had the Eagles going after Boldin. If the Eagles do like Kolb now then I could see the Cards trading Boldin for McNabb. Maybe a late pick as well. This seems like it could work.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Likely McNabb landing spots?

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:29 pm

hot nikkels wrote:I have heard that if Favre retires then the Vikes would go after McNabb. I'm not sure what the Eagles would command from the Vikes to make that happen.

Another rumor I heard tonight was that if Warner retires then the Cards could make a play for him. Last year the rumor mill had the Eagles going after Boldin. If the Eagles do like Kolb now then I could see the Cards trading Boldin for McNabb. Maybe a late pick as well. This seems like it could work.
Both the Cards and Vikes are likely destinations if the Eagels are willing to move him.

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:40 pm

He's never run an offense other than the (Bill Walsh) west coast in the pros, and I just can't see either side (McNabb or the Cards) willing to experiment at this stage. Vikings would be a nice fit, but I don't imagine he's leaving Philly this year.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:43 pm

hot nikkels wrote:Another rumor I heard tonight was that if Warner retires then the Cards could make a play for him. Last year the rumor mill had the Eagles going after Boldin. If the Eagles do like Kolb now then I could see the Cards trading Boldin for McNabb. Maybe a late pick as well. This seems like it could work.
I actually like that trade for both teams. Kolb played well when Donovan was out this year and the same for Breaston/Doucet when Boldin has missed games. There is a lot of concern here in Phoenix about Warner calling a press conference for Friday. Most Cards fans that I know think the timing means he is going to hang em up.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:31 pm

mcnabb stays in philly i guarantee it
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:39 pm

MrUbuto wrote:mcnabb stays in philly i guarantee it
I'd wait until after the NFL draft to make that guarantee. He could fetch a second round pick from the Vikings - in which case the Vikings would tell Brett so long. If Favre wants to play for the Vikes one more season, he'll probably have to let them know before that happens.

-oo-

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:40 pm

From Rotoworld-

According to ESPN's John Clayton, the Vikings will "make a play" for Donovan McNabb if Brett Favre retires.

The connection is obvious because Vikings head coach Brad Childress is McNabb's former offensive coordinator in Philadelphia. Clayton suggests that the Vikings could offer up a second-round pick, but the Eagles may hold out a first-rounder. McNabb, 33, is entering the final year of his contract, but his presence would ensure that Minnesota remained Super Bowl contenders. Jan. 27 - 10:26 am et
Source: ESPN.com

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:48 am

McNabb will be in Philly next season. In the last couple of seasons they added Jackson, Maclin, McCoy and Celek. McNabb has the best set of offensive weapons than he ever had and he gives them the best shot at getting back to the Superbowl between now and when he retires. Trading him and turning the ball over to Kolb would be a huge mistake. They would be better served trading Kolb for the 2nd rd pick. McNabb is worth more than that.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:50 pm

While I think Mcnabb will still be in Philly ..I dont think it wont be because of a all out effort on the part of the Philly organization to keep him.

IN a weird twisted kind of way maybe Philly might take the stance that with all the weapons in place that Kolb could flourish if they could get some real value for Donovan. Will they really deal for a 2nd rounder. STAY TUNED.

IMO he wont be there next season.

EDIT: oF course I meant to say I think he will still be in Philly.
Last edited by Salty Dawg on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:25 pm

McNabb doesn't have to land. He is and will be in Philly. Their SB window is open right now - can't risk taking a few steps back if you're the Eagles organization.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:32 pm

I don't see McNabb leaving Philly. However, imo it is a mistake if they can could get a good deal for him. I think that the Eagles Super Bowl window has closed with the current team. Losing Brian Dawkins hurt and their running game is a bit of a mess to say the least. Westbrook is not what he used to be even if he plays next year, and I think that McCoy is more of a complementary back than a workhorse, as seen by the fact that Leonard Weaver was given so many carries this season without Westbrook. Has McNabb lacked weapons in the past? Yes. But I still hold that he has always been slightly overrated. I think that they have to give Kolb his shot if they think he has "IT." (See Aaron Rodgers taking over for Favre - they had to give Rodgers his shot).
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:44 pm

It seems like the Eagles have hit a wall right now, meaning just good enough to make the playoffs for the past few years, but not Super Bowl caliber. Perhaps trading McNabb (And Vick) and giving Kolb the job is the right move. Kolb's been around long enough where they need to give him a shot, or trade him, and it looks like they could get good value and a high draft pick for either one of these guys. I guess it all depends on what kind of package other teams are offering for either of these guys, for example, if someone is offering a low 1st rounder for McNabb I think the Eagles would probably have to take the deal.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:22 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:I have heard that if Favre retires then the Vikes would go after McNabb. I'm not sure what the Eagles would command from the Vikes to make that happen.

Both the Cards and Vikes are likely destinations if the Eagels are willing to move him.
They are willing to move him. That's been the undercurrent the last day and a half down here. Look for a pick and, surprisingly, a CB if possible to be dealt.

bsb8532
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bsb8532 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:23 am

The problem is Kolb and McNabb are both free agent after the season. Are they going to give McNabb another big deal at his age and with his injuries? Questionable. Are they going to lock Kolb up and pay for 2 #1 QB's? Also highly doubtful. Are they going to trade Kolb, whom has been groomed for 3 years by Reid, and risk losing McNabb after the season? Highly doubtful again. The only logical moves are to trade McNabb and lock up Kolb or extend McNabb. Doing nothing could be a disaster.
12 Team No PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR
QB: Cassel, Sanchez
RB: Stewart, Spiller, Moreno, Bradshaw, Starks
WR: Jennings, Nicks, D. Bowe, L Moore, Decker
TE: Pettigrew, Dickson

10 Team .5 PPR - 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex
QB - Matt Ryan, Tebow, Orton, Ponder
RB - MJD, Blount, Beanie, Moreno, Choice,
WR - Megatron, Nicks, Britt, Dez, Cobb, Denarius Moore, Lafell
TE - Vernon Davis, Marcedes, Rudolph

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:39 am

bsb8532 wrote:The problem is Kolb and McNabb are both free agent after the season. Are they going to give McNabb another big deal at his age and with his injuries? Questionable. Are they going to lock Kolb up and pay for 2 #1 QB's? Also highly doubtful. Are they going to trade Kolb, whom has been groomed for 3 years by Reid, and risk losing McNabb after the season? Highly doubtful again. The only logical moves are to trade McNabb and lock up Kolb or extend McNabb. Doing nothing could be a disaster.
Good insight here. Makes sense that they should do something. But w/ no CBA they really don't have to. Kolb is under contract until he has 6 years of NFL service as it stands right now.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars