Cards vs. Packers (instant classic)

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:49 pm

The difference in this game was the seasoned, playoff veteran and former Super Bowl MVP trumping Aaron Rodgers in his FIRST post-season start. There is no shame in losing to Warner if you are Rodgers. Both defenses got ripped through. Warner just made fewer mistakes in large part due to his vast playoff and big-game experience.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

khrolltop
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby khrolltop » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:55 pm

wiSconi-Fan wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:All I know is that Brett Favre would've got rid of the ball!!! Feel the burn Packers fans, feel the burn.
Your an idiot. Shall we recall what Favre has done in his last few playoff games?
Not to mention the way Farve ended his last playoff preformance.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:51 am

Misfit74 wrote:The difference in this game was the seasoned, playoff veteran and former Super Bowl MVP trumping Aaron Rodgers in his FIRST post-season start. There is no shame in losing to Warner if you are Rodgers. Both defenses got ripped through. Warner just made fewer mistakes in large part due to his vast playoff and big-game experience.
A voice of reason...

Everything I saw yesterday made me happy to be a Rodger's owner and I am confident that he will have a long successful career in the NFL.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:42 am

Orca wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:The difference in this game was the seasoned, playoff veteran and former Super Bowl MVP trumping Aaron Rodgers in his FIRST post-season start. There is no shame in losing to Warner if you are Rodgers. Both defenses got ripped through. Warner just made fewer mistakes in large part due to his vast playoff and big-game experience.
A voice of reason...

Everything I saw yesterday made me happy to be a Rodger's owner and I am confident that he will have a long successful career in the NFL.
Here, Here!!! Got to give it to the guy, it was his first playoff game and was lights out. Rodgers is and will continue to be a top 3 fantasy QB for many years to come!

WashingtonFever
Role Player
Role Player

Postby WashingtonFever » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:36 am

On the last play there was a face mask to Rodgers and on another play during overtime as well there was a nice helmet to helmet shot during the play that had the holding which backed them up. Need two refs back there, one to throw the first flag and another to continue watching the play as the 1st one is too busy trying to figure out which number he is going to say and removes his eyes from the QB. I'm sure this happens a lot throughout the league but there were at least three instances that I can remember a holding call against the Pack, Rodgers getting a helmet to helmet shot, with no 2nd flag thrown because the refs eyes are looking somewhere else throughout the season. Biased, of course, but it's hard to argue when you see the chin strap get shot off your QB or their mask get tugged. Now, if there wasn't any holding, maybe these personal fouls would have been called, but it doesn't matter. Rule is a Rule.

Overall though, fun season to watch the Pack as always. Looking forward to next year! Let's draft some CB's and Lineman. Or somehow trade for Revis!

Also, so happy to have Rodgers on my dynasty team as well. As well as the other players (well 1/2 of them at least).

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:37 am

I'm just glad Jennings still has a heartbeat...

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:42 pm

Antrel Rolle On Aaron Rodgers

“Let me tell you something – that dude is scary,” Arizona free safety Antrel Rolle said of Rodgers. “We have a great defense, and we were up on him and ready to pounce, and he found ways to tear us apart.

“I don’t ever want to face him again in my life. I am dead serious. I’ll face Drew Brees any day of the week before I face him again.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

----------------
Now playing: Alkaline Trio - Southern Rock

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:53 pm

hostile wrote:I'm just glad Jennings still has a heartbeat...
Agreed! I like to see him get better and better. I hope they bring in some oline help so Rodgers has more time to throw the ball to Jennings.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Pilate wrote:Antrel Rolle On Aaron Rodgers

“Let me tell you something – that dude is scary,” Arizona free safety Antrel Rolle said of Rodgers. “We have a great defense, and we were up on him and ready to pounce, and he found ways to tear us apart.

“I don’t ever want to face him again in my life. I am dead serious. I’ll face Drew Brees any day of the week before I face him again.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

----------------
Now playing: Alkaline Trio - Southern Rock

That made my Monday. Thanks :lol:

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:43 pm

Orca wrote:
A voice of reason...

I couldnt agree with you more Orca. From a fantasy standpoint Im very proud as well be a Rodgers owner and he has a great side kick for years to come in one Ray Rice.btw the TE for this league is none other than Jermichael..I took 4th last year..Aaron and the other two will most definitely help me get to the trophy next year.