Cards vs. Packers (instant classic)

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:50 pm

BradyT wrote:
wiSconi-Fan wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:A rod is a stud, but he holds on to the ball too long. He lost the game for the pack! See ya next year pack.

Thats the most ridiculous conclusion of this game you could possibly come up with. The man who through for 422 yards and 4 touchdown is to blame, yeah right.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Almost forgot about that one.. because of A-Rod :lol:

But 100% agreement here. It wasn´t really Aaron Rodgers losing that game.. you might wanna watch his highlights again.. :wink:
Did you not see him hold the ball in the biggest spot of the game, lose the fumble, and walk off the field in disbelief? That was after his big stats. Actually, that play is the biggest stat of the game. The Packers #2 D had something to do with it as well, I have to admit.

wiSconi-Fan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby wiSconi-Fan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:53 pm

hot nikkels wrote:All I know is that Brett Favre would've got rid of the ball!!! Feel the burn Packers fans, feel the burn.
Your an idiot. Shall we recall what Favre has done in his last few playoff games?
12 Team Standard(Non PPR) Dynasty league
Start: QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, D, K

QB: Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, Brett Favre
RB: Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Brandon Jacobs, Michael Bush, Bernard Scott
WR:Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Sydney Rice, Eddie Royal, Josh Morgan, Brandon Lafell
TE: Dallas Clark, Jimmy Graham, Brandon Pettigrew
K: Neil Rackers
D: Falcons

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:57 pm

wiSconi-Fan wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:All I know is that Brett Favre would've got rid of the ball!!! Feel the burn Packers fans, feel the burn.
Your an idiot. Shall we recall what Favre has done in his last few playoff games?
Your a class act homeslice. Favre is still playing I believe this year. I know it burns, but if it makes you feel better. Rodgers will be a big time QB for a longtime who will probably win a few rings, but not this year!!!

He'll be asking for an internal clock for x-mas next year.

wiSconi-Fan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby wiSconi-Fan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:58 pm

hot nikkels wrote:
BradyT wrote:
wiSconi-Fan wrote:
Thats the most ridiculous conclusion of this game you could possibly come up with. The man who through for 422 yards and 4 touchdown is to blame, yeah right.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Almost forgot about that one.. because of A-Rod :lol:

But 100% agreement here. It wasn´t really Aaron Rodgers losing that game.. you might wanna watch his highlights again.. :wink:
Did you not see him hold the ball in the biggest spot of the game, lose the fumble, and walk off the field in disbelief? That was after his big stats. Actually, that play is the biggest stat of the game. The Packers #2 D had something to do with it as well, I have to admit.
Did you watch the game? Obviously not, otherwise you may have noticed that Rodgers single handily kept the Packers in the game. You may have noticed Rodgers torch the defense for 3 quarters. You may have noticed the Packers defense got torched by Warner the whole game... You may have noticed the offensive line fail to pick up a blitz. Easily, if you are going to point blame, the Packers defense would be where to point.

WR:Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Sydney Rice, Eddie Royal, Josh Morgan, Brandon Lafell

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:04 pm

wiSconi-Fan wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:
BradyT wrote: Almost forgot about that one.. because of A-Rod :lol:

Did you watch the game? Obviously not, otherwise you may have noticed that Rodgers single handily kept the Packers in the game. You may have noticed Rodgers torch the defense for 3 quarters. You may have noticed the Packers defense got torched by Warner the whole game... You may have noticed the offensive line fail to pick up a blitz. Easily, if you are going to point blame, the Packers defense would be where to point.
I did watch the game, but you must not have seen me recognize that the Packs D was to blame as well in this thread. You're angry your team lost in an ugly fashion....I get it. I'm busting Packers fans balls here. Rodgers had a big game, he'll be fine. I'm just not so sure anyone associated with the Packers D is safe this week.

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cowboys85 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:04 pm

Can't blame Rodgers or his internal clock. After that loss to Tampa Bay in Week 9, the GB coaches spent the entire week making sure Rodgers got rid of the ball faster. They finished the season 8-1 and Rodgers was only sacked like 18 times in his final 9 games. He kept them in the game today and there will be plenty of chances for him to get his first playoff win.
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:06 pm

cowboys85 wrote:Can't blame Rodgers or his internal clock. After that loss to Tampa Bay in Week 9, the GB coaches spent the entire week making sure Rodgers got rid of the ball faster. They finished the season 8-1 and Rodgers was only sacked like 18 times in his final 9 games. He kept them in the game today and there will be plenty of chances for him to get his first playoff win.

Nothing more to add!
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:07 pm

cowboys85 wrote:Can't blame Rodgers or his internal clock. After that loss to Tampa Bay in Week 9, the GB coaches spent the entire week making sure Rodgers got rid of the ball faster. They finished the season 8-1 and Rodgers was only sacked like 18 times in his final 9 games. He kept them in the game today and there will be plenty of chances for him to get his first playoff win.
Rodgers will be fine. Just not tonight. That's a good pt, but he got sacked tonight and held the ball too long because he was making and trying to make plays. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:09 pm

BradyT wrote:

Nothing more to add!
I agree, but the final result ends up in the L column.

tonyc
Charter Member
Charter Member

Tuck rule?

Postby tonyc » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:32 pm

I'm not a Pack fan or a Rodgers owner, so no bias here...but that last play reminded me a lot of the famous "tuck rule" play with Tom Brady against the Raiders back in '02. Rodgers started the throwing motion, changed his mind and stopped the motion, was bringing the ball back toward his body when it was knocked free. A lot like Brady, and also like Tony Romo against the Cardinals in '08.

Those are the only other two times I can find that the tuck rule was implemented, and both situations seem pretty similar to what Rodgers was doing.

By the way, if the tuck rule should have been applied today, then Charles Woodson has now been victimized twice by it, as he was the one who caused Brady's non-fumble back in '02!

Just curious if anyone else thought about the tuck rule when they saw the last play today?

wiSconi-Fan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby wiSconi-Fan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:32 pm

hot nikkels wrote:
wiSconi-Fan wrote:
Your a class act homeslice. Favre is still playing I believe this year. I know it burns, but if it makes you feel better. Rodgers will be a big time QB for a longtime who will probably win a few rings, but not this year!!!

He'll be asking for an internal clock for x-mas next year.

Argh! Sorry about the insult, I was hot for a few. Had to remove myself from the situation, remember that it is just football, and that people have other opinions! Even if they are wrong... ;)

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Tuck rule?

Postby cowboys85 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:48 pm

tonyc wrote:I'm not a Pack fan or a Rodgers owner, so no bias here...but that last play reminded me a lot of the famous "tuck rule" play with Tom Brady against the Raiders back in '02. Rodgers started the throwing motion, changed his mind and stopped the motion, was bringing the ball back toward his body when it was knocked free. A lot like Brady, and also like Tony Romo against the Cardinals in '08.

Those are the only other two times I can find that the tuck rule was implemented, and both situations seem pretty similar to what Rodgers was doing.

By the way, if the tuck rule should have been applied today, then Charles Woodson has now been victimized twice by it, as he was the one who caused Brady's non-fumble back in '02!

Just curious if anyone else thought about the tuck rule when they saw the last play today?
I thought the exact same thing, but according to Adam Schefter's twitter, the tuck rule is only used on an incomplete pass and this ball never hit the ground. It was ruled a fumble though and not an interception. It also looked like roughing the passer, but there is no roughing the passer on a fumble I guess? There was definitely a facemask there too....
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Re: Tuck rule?

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:24 pm

cowboys85 wrote:
tonyc wrote:I'm not a Pack fan or a Rodgers owner, so no bias here...but that last play reminded me a lot of the famous "tuck rule" play with Tom Brady against the Raiders back in '02. Rodgers started the throwing motion, changed his mind and stopped the motion, was bringing the ball back toward his body when it was knocked free. A lot like Brady, and also like Tony Romo against the Cardinals in '08.

I thought the exact same thing, but according to Adam Schefter's twitter, the tuck rule is only used on an incomplete pass and this ball never hit the ground. It was ruled a fumble though and not an interception. It also looked like roughing the passer, but there is no roughing the passer on a fumble I guess? There was definitely a facemask there too....
It did look like the tuck rule. I think the ball was knocked out clearly on the play tonight. Better picture and not in a blizzard, but did look very similar.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:09 pm

Any intelligent man could point out that the GB Packer defense couldnt stop anyone and their mothers from scoring....to fault AARON RODGERS (say ARod again and I will mangle you :lol: ) for GB's defensive inadequacies is beyond insane.

How about we refer to AARON RODGERS as Rodgers....just like we refer to Tom Brady, as Brady or Joe Flacco as Flacco, or Donovan McNabb as McNabb. And if you want a nickname really badly....just call him Mr. Rodgers.... :lol:

tonyc
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby tonyc » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:54 pm

Ah, yes, I didn't notice the ball never hit the ground, so no matter. Interesting that Rodgers seemed to reflexively kick his foot out at the ball, popping it up for Dansby to catch. If he doesn't do that and the ball hits the ground, then maybe the replay jockey upstairs buzzes down and the ref has an opportunity to invoke the tuck rule once again....