New NFL schedule/who teams start.

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

New NFL schedule/who teams start.

Postby Salty Dawg » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:34 am

I wish I had the ambition to find if a thread was already started regarding this ..so if so please show me the way.

LIsten to NFL radio on sirius satellite radio and what sense does it make to do one or both of these things regarding expanding the nfl to 18 games and/or debating how to make teams play their starters when that team has locked up a given playoff spot and has no potential for making it any better.

IMO..18 weeks is way too long but I see it happening.boo.
no way Goodell gets to tell teams that they must remain playing their starters regardless of being playoff team.

btw ..what difference "in principal" is it to then also tell the futile 2_13 teams they must also start their starters all the way through as well. If the principal for the argument is based on "integrity" of the league then the detroits and clevelands must continue with their established starters as well and shouldnt have wiggle room to start throwing their rookies in to gauge their future.

This should be good content for debate ..and if it is already someplace on the forum would someone please let me know where to find it.I dont want to re-create the same thread although the integrity issue might be new.

Cojo 2020
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Cojo 2020 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:21 pm

I would love to see an 18 week schedule with only one bye week. Or better yet, I would like to see a 20 week schedule, with 18 games and two bye weeks.
ROCHESTER ROADKILL: 10 team league: Starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR,, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DST 1 flex RB/WR, 1 superflex QB/RB/WR/TE.

Superflex, PPR, Pass TD = 6 pts.

QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Lance, B.Young, A.Richardson, M.Cunningham
RB: Chubb, A.Jones, Bijan, Gibbs, J.Williams (DEN), Dobbins, Dillon, Z.White, T. Spears, R.Johnson, Z.Evans
WR: Lamb, Higgins, M.Brown (ARI), Ridley, Pittman, E.Moore, J.Williams (DET), Dotson, Doubs, Q.Johnston, Smith-Njigba
TE: Schultz, Kincaid
PK: Koo
DST: Chiefs. Lions
2024 picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.06, 2.06, 3.02, 3.08, 3.10
League Champion: 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:23 pm

It's just a matter of time before we see at least a 17 week regular season.

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:17 pm

I dont want to see a thing change. The longevity of careers especially the great ones will surely be diminshed from overall standpoint by forcing these additional games.

Must be driven by the all powerful dollar but isnt the NFL making enough money. Is there no consideration given to the Warriors who are already playing a long a$$ schedule.
I guess that will also mean more off shore games..boo. keep em in the States.Im starting to sound really negative so Ill stop because it is my favorite sport but just wished they would stop trying to fix what aint broke (isn't)lol.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Should the Pats have rested their starters now that Welker got hurt?

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Steelersfan wrote:Should the Pats have rested their starters now that Welker got hurt?
No. But I'm not a Pats fan, so I don't mind seeing a little misfortune come their way. Even if I do own Welker in a dynasty league. :lol:
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd