Pats fan view on KC game

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Pats fan view on KC game

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:37 pm

I did not sleep on KC at all. Some things I thought of before game, was surprised by a player, and had an "That's right! He was there in 04' too!)

- I figured if Pats get ahead by more than one score, KC is screwed. While I think Smith played really well, actually very well, the dude just cant connect on a play for more than 20 yards frequently enough to make a comeback.

- If you told me Jason Avant had only 4 catches once the game was over, I would have said no way, double it. Every catch he made tonight was a highlight play. Not that I think he's going to be a stud or relevant in fantasy or real world, but kudos.

- "Why aren't they calling timeouts?" " I'm not even a KC fan and their clock management is pissing me off!" " WHY THE bleep ARENT THEY CALLING TIMEOUT???" Then I remembered...Superbowl in 2004, I said the EXACT SAME THING when Andy Reid as the coach of Eagles. Horrible time management. They burned the game clock from 2:30 to 2 minute warning without calling TO, running a play, spiking the ball. Then ran a play after warning, and 30 seconds off game clock again on next play. You're down by 14, on the 5 yard line, 2:30 left on the clock and you got 2 plays off?
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Pats fan view on KC game

Postby theone » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:58 am

Edelmen with a case of the drops in his first game back. This happens with receivers from time to time when returning from a long layoff. The waste of time at the end of the game was incomprehensible. The KC players were not acting like they were down 2 scores taking their sweet time getting to the huddle and the coaches wasted far too much time getting the plays in. Conley and Wilson both stayed in bounds near the sideline when they should have stepped out. Not getting a play off with 22 seconds left before the 2 minute warning was indefensible. Just a complete lack of awareness by the players and coaches.