The Patriots Problem

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

The Patriots Problem

Postby rubber_duck » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:58 am

(Rotoworld)Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was furious about the Steelers' headset issues in Pittsburgh's Week 1 loss in New England.

Analysis: "We were listening to the Patriots' radio broadcast for the majority of the first half on our headsets, coach to coach," Tomlin said, before adding that's "always the case" in New England. Although Tomlin appears to suspect something nefarious, Bill Belichick said the Pats were also having issues. Per the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the NFL has blamed the issue on a "stadium power infrastructure issue, which was exacerbated by the inclement weather." The media will try to turn this into a scandal, but it doesn't seem like there's anything there.
============================================

Of course people (media included) are going to suspect cheating. Why wouldn't they? What have the Patriots done in the last 12 years that would give anyone a reason to believe otherwise?

We may be witnessing a war between the NFL commissioner and a franchise owner (Kraft). I think they may have come to an understanding after the Spygate cheating, but that peace treaty might be dead. This could be a very interesting sideshow to keep an eye on for the foreseeable future.

With the recent ESPN story revealing more depth to the Spygate issue, it could be that the commish has the all-powerful ESPN network on his side. Interesting ... :think:

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: The Patriots Problem

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:42 pm

If the Patriots claimed they were "also having technical difficulties," we should take them at their word.

:crazy:
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:31 pm

I don't think Belichick is a liar. & don't most teams in most stadiums have headset issues? I think it happened in Pittsburgh during a playoff game vs the Jets

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:53 am

Take the Patriots at their word or believe their coach ... those weren't really supposed to points I was bringing up. My fault for not directing the first post properly.

I think it is possible the commissioner had a quiet truce with Robert Kraft & Belichick, but has now decided that those two need to go. Also, Goodell may have ESPN backing him, at least a little. It could be an interesting thing to watch, ESPN's tone and attitude when reporting on anything even a slightly suspicious with the Patriots.

captain caveman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby captain caveman » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:29 am

I thinking people are making this out to be more than what it actually is....a technical glitch. Happens across the league in different stadiums as well. The headsets are provided by the nfl....not the patriots. Anything wireless will most likely pick up interference. Just reading the warning label on any electrical device. Heck my cell phone will cause distortion noise in my laptop when it is too close.

If you always believe what any media reports as factual, then you are just part of the media circus. This, along with fantasy advice, should be taken with a grain of salt.
12-team ppr qb super-flex/1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 2 flex

Brees/Dalton/Hoyer/Shimonek/Kessler
Hilton/Baldwin/Sanders/Garcon/Funchess/Gordon/Gallup
Gordon/Coleman/Crowell/Perine/Prosise/Ballage/Ekeler/Vereen/Artis-Payne/Marshall
Engram/Ebron/Wilson

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:07 pm

I'd like to thank all of you "fans" for pissing Tom Brady off. I smell and MVP season and potential superbowl run, you clowns don't remember pissing him off in 07??

Thanks again!
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore