Cleveland Browns Draft Picks

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
animalkev
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Cleveland Browns Draft Picks

Postby animalkev » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:08 am

I'm sitting here wondering why Cleveland would pass on Barkley with first pick and just take a QB with 4th overall pick? They can still get one of the top Qb's at 4.. I just cant believe they would pass on Barkley at 1?

Convince me why they should take a QB at 1? (I'm not a Browns fan BTW) All this talk about taking a QB at #1 is stupid!

ArrylT
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Cleveland Browns Draft Picks

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:41 am

Because the last RB taken at #1 was Ki-Jana Carter in 1995 and NFL teams do not draft based off of Fantasy value.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Maximus891
Captain
Captain

Postby Maximus891 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:33 am

I agree with you. I think they should take Barkely at 1.1 and wait for 1.4 for their QB. NY is 50/50 to take a QB and you know the Colts aren't going to be drafting one. But both could take Barkley so get your RB and QB of the future.
I decided to put my biggest project in my sig Ive ever done. Took the team over mid-season traded the crap on the team for picks.

12 Team/35 man Roster/Start 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1OFlex,K,2DL,2LB,2DB,1DFlex
2017 Record : 7-6 (5th overall)
QB-Wentz, Mahomes, Bridgewater
RB-D. Cook (IR), K. Hunt, D. Foreman, Pumphrey(IR), McGuire, L. Murray, A. Ekeler, Henry, D. Murray
WR-OBJ, M. Lee, Maclin, M. Thomas (NO), Z. Jones, JuJu, E Sanders,DT, C. Rodgers, T. Taylor
TE-D. Nijoku, Kittle
K-Walsh
DL-M. Ingram, M. Garrett, Clowney, Barnett
LB-Floyd, TJ Watt, Brown, Woodward
DB-Hooker, Peppers, J. Adams

8 Leagues - 4 Championships, 1 Runner up with 3 Rebuild teams

Dabbin' Benjamin'
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dabbin' Benjamin' » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 pm

Bradley Chubb at #1 and best qb at #4... Yeah Barkley is elite... but there are bigger holes to fill. Imagine Chubb/Garrett Combo.... Almost better then Watt/Clowney lol.
DYNASTY BROWNS- 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Upper Echelon Year 1 (took over team at end of 2017) Place 10th of 12

QB-Kirk Cousins
RB- Zeke Elliot, Joe Mixon, Chritian McCaffrey, Jonathan Stewart, Austin Ekeler
WR-Doug Baldwin, Sammy Watkins, Jamison Crowder, Robby Anderson, Emanuel Sanders, Nelson Agholor, Marquise Lee, Geronimo Allison
TE-Kyle, Rudolph, Charles Clay
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 Pick 1.11
------------------------------------
Keepers League- (3 keepers, Round 4-16 Only) 1pt ppr QB, RB, RB, WR,WR,WR, TE, FLEX, K, D
Team Name: Belichick's Intern Year 1: Champion! Place 1st out of 12

QB- DeShaun Watson (14th Round Keeper), Blake Bortles
RB- LeSean Mccoy, Christian McCaffrey, Duke Johnson (9th Round Keeper), Peyton Barber
WR- Micheal Thomas, Golden Tate, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Corey Davis (10th Round Keeper), Keelan Cole.
TE- Kyle Rudolph, Greg Olsen
Kicker- Harrison Butker (had LegaTron)
Def- Stream Weekly

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:43 pm

Probably because if they don't take the QB at 1 and wait till 4, teams can trade up in front of them and take the QB they wanted. Wouldn't be surprised if pick 2 and 3 ended up being QBs and not necessarily by the teams who own the picks right now. I think they'd rather take the QB they want and take their chances with missing out on Barkley at 4. I also wouldn't be surprised at all if they passed on Barkley regardless with their first 2 picks. I have a feeling Barkley doesn't go top 7.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:30 pm

Because the losing formula the Browns have used for years is not taking the best QB in the draft. Taking Barkley guarantees they won't get the best one this year either. That would be stupid. Barkley is far more likely to be there at 1.04 than the top QB in the class if they take the RB at 1.01.
When the ignorant are out of arguments they fall back on name calling, vulgarity, and threats.