Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Pick a side

Nuk, Jthom
6
38%
Eifert, 1.01, Arob
10
63%
 
Total votes: 16

DallasN1213
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:57 pm

Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

Postby DallasN1213 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:00 am

QRRWWTF, 12 teams

Peyton, romo, tannehill
Ap, Charles, hill, Gio, Knile
Calvin, Cobb, Alshon, quick, gordon
Gronk
Last edited by DallasN1213 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Metriculous
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 8:34 am

Re: Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

Postby Metriculous » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:23 am

Arob < Nuk
Eifert < = JT

But.....

1.01 >= Nuk

So....

1.01, Arob, Eifert >>> Nuk, Jt

If JT is being used to "bridge" the value in this deal I would be laughing.
Eleventeen Time Champion of a Sad Little League
Jealous much? Of course you are.


(Insert Clever Team Name That May Contain Sexual Innuendo)
A bunch of league settings you won't read anyways....numbers and such

QB - A guy with only one or two good years left in the tank
RB1 - A guy who stands charged with several minor crimes (Guilty until proven, right?)
RB2 - Young guy that is only good because of his offensive line and workload
WR1 - A guy whose metrics make up for his stone hands
WR2 - A dude who is probably too short to catch the ball
TE - This guy played basketball, right?
DEF & K - I guess we are still doing this in 2015...

User avatar
Giants
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2715
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:00 pm

Re: Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

Postby Giants » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:33 am

I disagree because you gotta think, if Nuk is in the rookie draft right now. Do you let him slip past you when he's already established himself in the NFL
Teams 1, 2..12 Team, PPR, 1qb 2rb 3wr 1 te 1flx (wr/rb)
Team 3.. 12 Team, PPR, 1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1 flx (wr/te/rb)


Boats And Hoes
Newb Auction Dynasty
QB: Matt Stafford, Josh McCown
RB: Todd Gurley, Tevin Coleman, Jamaal Charles, Devontae Booker, Zenner, Vereen
WR: Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Sterling Shephard/b], Tedd Ginn Josh Gordon, Lafell, Dupre, Patterson
TE: Eifert, Kelce



Boats and Hoes II
Bucks County League
QB: Winston, Cousins
RB: David Johnson, Todd Gurley, Gio Bernard, S. Ware
WR: Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins, Thielin
TE: KelceFleener



Mr. McGibblets
Twisted Dynasty 2
QB: Derek Carr
RB: Blount, Dixon, Chris Thompson,
WR: Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry,Davante Adams,Michael Thomas (NO), Jordan Matthews, Tyler Boyd, Leonte Caroo, Braxton Miller, Chris Hogan, Treadwell
TE: Jesse James

User avatar
Metriculous
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 8:34 am

Re: Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

Postby Metriculous » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:35 am

I do. Yes.

He has proven to be a good WR in a bad situation capable of producing as the #2 in an offense.

I take Gurley or Cooper before Nuk easily.
Eleventeen Time Champion of a Sad Little League
Jealous much? Of course you are.


(Insert Clever Team Name That May Contain Sexual Innuendo)
A bunch of league settings you won't read anyways....numbers and such

QB - A guy with only one or two good years left in the tank
RB1 - A guy who stands charged with several minor crimes (Guilty until proven, right?)
RB2 - Young guy that is only good because of his offensive line and workload
WR1 - A guy whose metrics make up for his stone hands
WR2 - A dude who is probably too short to catch the ball
TE - This guy played basketball, right?
DEF & K - I guess we are still doing this in 2015...

User avatar
Giants
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2715
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:00 pm

Re: Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

Postby Giants » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:38 am

Metriculous wrote:I do. Yes.

He has proven to be a good WR in a bad situation capable of producing as the #2 in an offense.

I take Gurley or Cooper before Nuk easily.

I'd have to disagree but we all have our opinions haha. He's now the number 1. Gonna be a monster
Teams 1, 2..12 Team, PPR, 1qb 2rb 3wr 1 te 1flx (wr/rb)
Team 3.. 12 Team, PPR, 1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1 flx (wr/te/rb)


Boats And Hoes
Newb Auction Dynasty
QB: Matt Stafford, Josh McCown
RB: Todd Gurley, Tevin Coleman, Jamaal Charles, Devontae Booker, Zenner, Vereen
WR: Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Sterling Shephard/b], Tedd Ginn Josh Gordon, Lafell, Dupre, Patterson
TE: Eifert, Kelce



Boats and Hoes II
Bucks County League
QB: Winston, Cousins
RB: David Johnson, Todd Gurley, Gio Bernard, S. Ware
WR: Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins, Thielin
TE: KelceFleener



Mr. McGibblets
Twisted Dynasty 2
QB: Derek Carr
RB: Blount, Dixon, Chris Thompson,
WR: Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry,Davante Adams,Michael Thomas (NO), Jordan Matthews, Tyler Boyd, Leonte Caroo, Braxton Miller, Chris Hogan, Treadwell
TE: Jesse James

User avatar
jeffster
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2971
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

Postby jeffster » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:41 am

Hopkins is absolutely worth more than the 1.01. Maybe not a ton, especially during rookie fever season. Even the most recent ADP bears this out.

If we're being very charitable, Hopkins = 1.01. However, ARob and Eifert are worth quite a bit more than JT for me, so I still come down on the 1.01 side.
Last edited by jeffster on Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Metriculous
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 8:34 am

Re: Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

Postby Metriculous » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:42 am

He is going to be a top 20 WR.

Cooper or Gurley have potential to be top 5 dynasty assets as soon as next year.

Nuk is going to be good. I like to pay for great.
Eleventeen Time Champion of a Sad Little League
Jealous much? Of course you are.


(Insert Clever Team Name That May Contain Sexual Innuendo)
A bunch of league settings you won't read anyways....numbers and such

QB - A guy with only one or two good years left in the tank
RB1 - A guy who stands charged with several minor crimes (Guilty until proven, right?)
RB2 - Young guy that is only good because of his offensive line and workload
WR1 - A guy whose metrics make up for his stone hands
WR2 - A dude who is probably too short to catch the ball
TE - This guy played basketball, right?
DEF & K - I guess we are still doing this in 2015...

User avatar
Giants
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2715
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:00 pm

Re: Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

Postby Giants » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:10 am

Ya Cooper were certainly be great on that joke of a team called the Raiders and there dreadful QBs (fan of Carr but not right now). Nuke easily goes first pick in a rookie draft (there's a reason he goes way before rookies in startups). But I do like Eiferet and Arob over J
Teams 1, 2..12 Team, PPR, 1qb 2rb 3wr 1 te 1flx (wr/rb)
Team 3.. 12 Team, PPR, 1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1 flx (wr/te/rb)


Boats And Hoes
Newb Auction Dynasty
QB: Matt Stafford, Josh McCown
RB: Todd Gurley, Tevin Coleman, Jamaal Charles, Devontae Booker, Zenner, Vereen
WR: Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Sterling Shephard/b], Tedd Ginn Josh Gordon, Lafell, Dupre, Patterson
TE: Eifert, Kelce



Boats and Hoes II
Bucks County League
QB: Winston, Cousins
RB: David Johnson, Todd Gurley, Gio Bernard, S. Ware
WR: Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins, Thielin
TE: KelceFleener



Mr. McGibblets
Twisted Dynasty 2
QB: Derek Carr
RB: Blount, Dixon, Chris Thompson,
WR: Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry,Davante Adams,Michael Thomas (NO), Jordan Matthews, Tyler Boyd, Leonte Caroo, Braxton Miller, Chris Hogan, Treadwell
TE: Jesse James

User avatar
Metriculous
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 8:34 am

Re: Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

Postby Metriculous » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:19 am

FantasyGod wrote:Ya Cooper were certainly be great on that joke of a team called the Raiders and there dreadful QBs (fan of Carr but not right now). Nuke easily goes first pick in a rookie draft (there's a reason he goes way before rookies in startups). But I do like Eiferet and Arob over J
Says the guy whose signature reveals that he desperately wants/needs this all to be true.

Can't be impartial when you are heavily invested.

I own none of these guys (yet), but I can promise you Nuk would be 3rd in line.

You also might want to check that "way before the rookies" fact with June ADP also. Unless the modifier "way" actually means barely. 2 spots? 3 spots?
Eleventeen Time Champion of a Sad Little League
Jealous much? Of course you are.


(Insert Clever Team Name That May Contain Sexual Innuendo)
A bunch of league settings you won't read anyways....numbers and such

QB - A guy with only one or two good years left in the tank
RB1 - A guy who stands charged with several minor crimes (Guilty until proven, right?)
RB2 - Young guy that is only good because of his offensive line and workload
WR1 - A guy whose metrics make up for his stone hands
WR2 - A dude who is probably too short to catch the ball
TE - This guy played basketball, right?
DEF & K - I guess we are still doing this in 2015...

User avatar
jeffster
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2971
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

Postby jeffster » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:39 am

Metriculous wrote: Cooper or Gurley have potential to be top 5 dynasty assets as soon as next year.
That's an insanely optimistic prediction that I can only chalk up to an extreme case of rookie fever. Most experts I've seen think Cooper has a high floor and moderate ceiling. In fact White is usually cited as having a higher ceiling (and lower floor) than Cooper.

But regardless, my favorite symptom of rookie fever is the "value rookies at their ceiling" one. This time of year ALL rookies are just oozing potential, with nary a disappointment amongst the whole group. Because none of them have played. Rookies fail to live up to expectations all the time; failing to account for this in your valuation is how we end up with posts like yours.

User avatar
Metriculous
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 8:34 am

Re: Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

Postby Metriculous » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:49 am

It is optimistic.

Much like the valuation of Hopkins. Who at this point has proven to be a serviceable fantasy WR capable of having success as the secondary option in his offense. Man that week 13 against TEN was great! I guess 65 - 970 - 4 would sound just as impressive if we took it out, right?

I guess if I am buying a young stud to build around I want a little more. Hopkins will never be amazing.

I think Cooper can be amazing. I think Gurley can be beyond amazing. I agree that White can achieve greater heights than Cooper, but with added risk.

Notice I use the word "can" not "will"

Regardless of all of this.... The OP asked about a trade where the value is clearly on the 1.01 side.
Eleventeen Time Champion of a Sad Little League
Jealous much? Of course you are.


(Insert Clever Team Name That May Contain Sexual Innuendo)
A bunch of league settings you won't read anyways....numbers and such

QB - A guy with only one or two good years left in the tank
RB1 - A guy who stands charged with several minor crimes (Guilty until proven, right?)
RB2 - Young guy that is only good because of his offensive line and workload
WR1 - A guy whose metrics make up for his stone hands
WR2 - A dude who is probably too short to catch the ball
TE - This guy played basketball, right?
DEF & K - I guess we are still doing this in 2015...

Missile
Captain
Captain
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:19 am

Re: Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

Postby Missile » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:55 am

jeffster wrote:
Metriculous wrote: Cooper or Gurley have potential to be top 5 dynasty assets as soon as next year.
That's an insanely optimistic prediction that I can only chalk up to an extreme case of rookie fever. Most experts I've seen think Cooper has a high floor and moderate ceiling. In fact White is usually cited as having a higher ceiling (and lower floor) than Cooper.

But regardless, my favorite symptom of rookie fever is the "value rookies at their ceiling" one. This time of year ALL rookies are just oozing potential, with nary a disappointment amongst the whole group. Because none of them have played. Rookies fail to live up to expectations all the time; failing to account for this in your valuation is how we end up with posts like yours.
Totally agree. Cordarelle Patterson is a prime example. I'll take Nuk easily over 1.01.

User avatar
Giants
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2715
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:00 pm

Re: Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

Postby Giants » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:59 am

Ah man rookie fever at its highest; love it Metroculous. Guys like Tavon and Patterson have gone 1.1 before. So don't say Cooper or Gurley aren't possibly like them cause they can be the same thing.
Teams 1, 2..12 Team, PPR, 1qb 2rb 3wr 1 te 1flx (wr/rb)
Team 3.. 12 Team, PPR, 1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1 flx (wr/te/rb)


Boats And Hoes
Newb Auction Dynasty
QB: Matt Stafford, Josh McCown
RB: Todd Gurley, Tevin Coleman, Jamaal Charles, Devontae Booker, Zenner, Vereen
WR: Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Sterling Shephard/b], Tedd Ginn Josh Gordon, Lafell, Dupre, Patterson
TE: Eifert, Kelce



Boats and Hoes II
Bucks County League
QB: Winston, Cousins
RB: David Johnson, Todd Gurley, Gio Bernard, S. Ware
WR: Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins, Thielin
TE: KelceFleener



Mr. McGibblets
Twisted Dynasty 2
QB: Derek Carr
RB: Blount, Dixon, Chris Thompson,
WR: Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry,Davante Adams,Michael Thomas (NO), Jordan Matthews, Tyler Boyd, Leonte Caroo, Braxton Miller, Chris Hogan, Treadwell
TE: Jesse James

User avatar
Metriculous
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 8:34 am

Re: Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

Postby Metriculous » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:03 am

If you want to compare Amari Cooper to either of those two then you obviously do not watch college football. I would encourage you to go back and watch some game tape.

I will gladly take Coopers ADP against Nuk's at this time next year.
Eleventeen Time Champion of a Sad Little League
Jealous much? Of course you are.


(Insert Clever Team Name That May Contain Sexual Innuendo)
A bunch of league settings you won't read anyways....numbers and such

QB - A guy with only one or two good years left in the tank
RB1 - A guy who stands charged with several minor crimes (Guilty until proven, right?)
RB2 - Young guy that is only good because of his offensive line and workload
WR1 - A guy whose metrics make up for his stone hands
WR2 - A dude who is probably too short to catch the ball
TE - This guy played basketball, right?
DEF & K - I guess we are still doing this in 2015...

User avatar
Giants
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2715
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:00 pm

Re: Pick a side - Nuk, Arob, Jthom, 1.01 trade

Postby Giants » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:05 am

Metriculous wrote:If you want to compare Amari Cooper to either of those two then you obviously do not watch college football. I would encourage you to go back and watch some game tape.

I will gladly take Coopers ADP against Nuk's at this time next year.
No one thought Tavon could be a bust when he was in College, not saying Cooper will be but Tavon was a beast coming out of College; so we're many more before him that were busts.
Teams 1, 2..12 Team, PPR, 1qb 2rb 3wr 1 te 1flx (wr/rb)
Team 3.. 12 Team, PPR, 1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1 flx (wr/te/rb)


Boats And Hoes
Newb Auction Dynasty
QB: Matt Stafford, Josh McCown
RB: Todd Gurley, Tevin Coleman, Jamaal Charles, Devontae Booker, Zenner, Vereen
WR: Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Sterling Shephard/b], Tedd Ginn Josh Gordon, Lafell, Dupre, Patterson
TE: Eifert, Kelce



Boats and Hoes II
Bucks County League
QB: Winston, Cousins
RB: David Johnson, Todd Gurley, Gio Bernard, S. Ware
WR: Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins, Thielin
TE: KelceFleener



Mr. McGibblets
Twisted Dynasty 2
QB: Derek Carr
RB: Blount, Dixon, Chris Thompson,
WR: Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry,Davante Adams,Michael Thomas (NO), Jordan Matthews, Tyler Boyd, Leonte Caroo, Braxton Miller, Chris Hogan, Treadwell
TE: Jesse James


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], JSylvester87, sloth8u and 3 guests