Please rate this trade offer

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
basilthesnake
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Please rate this trade offer

Postby basilthesnake » Fri May 29, 2015 7:00 pm

16 team .5ppr IDP both team A drafts in 1.05 team B drafts in 1.03 slot.

Team A
Offers Allen Robinson and Mychael Kendricks

Team B
Gives up 1.03, 4.03

Team B threw a fit and basically called out team A questioning his FF IQ. He basically said he was insulted and wanted everyone in the league to know how bad the offer was. I don't get it, what's the problem? Team B is new to dynasty but has 20+ years of experience so he doesn't want to hear he's wrong or that he shouldn't be insulted. Anyone else share that opinion?

SpartyOn
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Please rate this trade offer

Postby SpartyOn » Fri May 29, 2015 7:07 pm

Well he is wrong to call someone out like that's the worst offer in the world. I value A Robinson in the 1.03-1.05 range and so do others on this forum. So its really not a bad offer unless you have a very low opinion of Robinson. Team A will be thankful in the long run that he keeps Robinson and Team B will probably be drafting in the 1.03 again next year.

J. Edgar
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby J. Edgar » Fri May 29, 2015 7:13 pm

All depends the IDP scoring, Kendricks is an IDP stud in tackle heavy leagues. People who don't play in IDP don't realize how valuable high end linebackers are. If he wasn't happy with the offer he should have kept it between him and his trading partner and or make a counter offer.

On the surface it's not a bad offer in my opinion.
12 Team Dyno PPR IDP '14 '15 '17 '19 Champion '16 '18 Runner Up
QB Tannehill / Goff
RB Chubb / Kamara / Hunt / J. Rob/ Latavius /
WR Justin Jefferson/DJ Moore/M. Williams/Gallup/Boyd/Renfrow
TE Fant / Kmet / Albert O /
LB B. Wagner / Martinez / D. Leonard / Milano / Long
DB Poyer/ McKinney /
DL Day / Golden /
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX RB OR WR/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/S/S/FLEX

TJHollywood
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TJHollywood » Fri May 29, 2015 8:28 pm

I'd probably rather the 1.3 but I hate people that think they know everything about player valuation and prove how right they are by calling you out on trade offers.

sharkattack
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby sharkattack » Fri May 29, 2015 9:02 pm

I don't know much about IDP, and I'm not really high on AROB. I put his value in the 1.09 to 1.12 range. Having said that, not a bad offer. Never know who guys are high on...

basilthesnake
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby basilthesnake » Fri May 29, 2015 9:30 pm

This is the second year of a dyno I commission. The biggest take away I got from this is that I may have made a mistake in owner selection. Trying to get guys to come over from redraft to dynasty is a process that the owner needs to embrace to be successful. I realized 3 years ago when I started dynasty that its a 365 day commitment really, especially as you are becoming familiar with it. I asked alot of questions and made alot off bold statements. I've learned from mistakes and continue to make them. All in all my passion for this is Audi an all time high. Why oh why would an owner new to dynasty think he has all the answers. I agree with the guy above, he'll probably be picking around the 3 spot next year as well.

GiantNinja
Role Player
Role Player

Postby GiantNinja » Fri May 29, 2015 9:48 pm

I'd much rather have the 1.03 than Robinson. But it's a reasonable offer.
Hurricane Ditka (Y17): 16 teams, 14 keepers, ppr
D. Brees*, P. Rivers,
E. Elliott*, J. Williams, T. Montgomery, D. Murray, W. Gallman, B. Powell, J. Williams
Ju. Jones*, AJ Green*, L. Fitzgerald*, M. Crabtree, C. Hogan, J. Matthews, K. White
R. Gronkowski*, J. Cook, T. Burton

5 Fold Porpoise (Y4): 12 teams, 15 keepers, 1/2 ppr
T. Brady*, A. Luck
L. Bell*, Da. Johnson*, D. Cook*, C. McCaffrey, W. Gallman, B. Powell, J. Conner
O. Beckham Jr.*, Ju. Jones*, AJ Green*, D. Bryant, TY Hilton, S. Diggs, K. Cole, C. Williams
R. Gronkowski*, Z. Ertz, A. Shaheen

dynastynut
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dynastynut » Sat May 30, 2015 12:59 am

basilthesnake wrote:16 team .5ppr IDP both team A drafts in 1.05 team B drafts in 1.03 slot.

Team A
Offers Allen Robinson and Mychael Kendricks

Team B
Gives up 1.03, 4.03

Team B threw a fit and basically called out team A questioning his FF IQ. He basically said he was insulted and wanted everyone in the league to know how bad the offer was. I don't get it, what's the problem? Team B is new to dynasty but has 20+ years of experience so he doesn't want to hear he's wrong or that he shouldn't be insulted. Anyone else share that opinion?
Hate owners like that.. Have a couple in my leagues too. Crazy thing is.. I much rather have the ARob side.. So don't think it's insulting..

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat May 30, 2015 1:24 am

i like the 1.3 over arob sure but i would rather have arob than the 1.5 so this offer is pretty close and not near the other guy causing grief. i'd probably give the guy a warning to tone it down or find a new league, because going like this at a new guy might just make the new dude want to leave the league or just not be active. i get really mouthy myself if the deal is just garbage but thats when its something just horrendous like julio for a 3rd or some crap. this deal isnt bad.
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter