AJG + for Jordy/Charles/ARob

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
smithmn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

AJG + for Jordy/Charles/ARob

Postby smithmn » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Hey guys. Asking some advice for team two in my signature. Another guy in the league just posted on the message board and is heavily shopping his WRs. How he ever ended up with this haul is beyond me, but here is who he has:

Dez
AJ Green
Demaryius
Calvin
Gordon
Gronk
L Bell

His post was saying that he'd be willing to send 1-2 of those WRs for a premiere RB and a good WR in return. I'd love to get a deal done and add a dynamite 3rd WR (already own Julio/Brown) but want to make sure the initial offer isn't insulting. He is desperate for RB help, his RB2 is Gerhart. I'm fine parting with McCoy, Charles, or Hyde.

Also, should the Dez thing scare me away from him or should I use it to my advantage?
Last edited by smithmn on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smithmn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Dez + AJG for Charles +

Postby smithmn » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:27 pm

He made an initial offer:

AJ Green

for

Jordy Nelson
Jamaal Charles
Allen Robinson

Thoughts? Team two in my signature.

imi814
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: AJG + for Jordy/Charles/ARob

Postby imi814 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:05 pm

As much as I love aj I think I would pass on this. Seems too much to give up. Jordy puts up some great numbers of his own. So adding Charles and a rob is a little rich for me even with getting the 1.07 in the deal.
10 team start 2QB salary cap .5 PPR 2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Flex(WR/RB/TE)

QB: Stroud, Lamar Geno, Dobbs, Young
RB: CMC eitiene, Hall, Jevante Williams, Perine
WR: Jefferson, Waddle, Pittman, Olave, d Smith, N brown
TE: Goedart, Chig

2024 3ones
2025 5ones

Team 2: 12 team salary cap PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Flex(WR/RB/TE)

QB: Burrow, Lawrence, Richardson, Young
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Taylor, Swift, sanders, Roshon
WR: Chase, Lamb, waddle, Olave, Watson, Ridley
TE: Pitts, Johnson, Mayer

2024 5 ones 3 twos

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:09 pm

Looking at his roster, I think my move would be to leave the league and find a new one that is competitive. But assuming you're not doing that, I think it's a bit too much to pay for AJG. Those are three very nice pieces themselves.

smithmn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby smithmn » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:12 pm

I also looked at his roster and wondered how the hell they didn't win the title. The guy abadonded his team after the year too. I did see that he traded his 1st - 3rd round picks in 2015-2016. Not sure how he got 1.07 back.

I actually won the league in the first year. What would a reasonable counter be? I really don't need the 1.07. Would just like AJG.

imi814
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby imi814 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:13 pm

Why would he leave the league when he is the defending champ. But between the op and that other team I can't see many other teams being good as they are both stacked.
10 team start 2QB salary cap .5 PPR 2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Flex(WR/RB/TE)

QB: Stroud, Lamar Geno, Dobbs, Young
RB: CMC eitiene, Hall, Jevante Williams, Perine
WR: Jefferson, Waddle, Pittman, Olave, d Smith, N brown
TE: Goedart, Chig

2024 3ones
2025 5ones

Team 2: 12 team salary cap PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Flex(WR/RB/TE)

QB: Burrow, Lawrence, Richardson, Young
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Taylor, Swift, sanders, Roshon
WR: Chase, Lamb, waddle, Olave, Watson, Ridley
TE: Pitts, Johnson, Mayer

2024 5 ones 3 twos

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:21 pm

imi814 wrote:Why would he leave the league when he is the defending champ. But between the op and that other team I can't see many other teams being good as they are both stacked.
Because between the poster and the trade partner, they have:

WR: Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, AJG, Demaryius Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Jordy Nelson, plus ARob and Cooks...
TE: Gronk, Graham, Olsen
RB: LBell, Jamaal Charles, McCoy

That's all of the top 6 WRs (plus Jordy, who could plausibly be the 7th), the top two TEs, plus three of the top 5-10 RBs. And we haven't even seen the rest of the other guy's team. What's left on the other teams?

timmahawk
Starter
Starter

Postby timmahawk » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:12 pm

I'm confused, your sig says you have the 1.7, so how is he offering it to you?

timmahawk
Starter
Starter

Postby timmahawk » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:15 pm

I'd go for Calvin and Dez, with you sending Charles, Jordy and one more piece. It seems like he is willing to "lose" the deal to secure a RB...

joeymags220
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby joeymags220 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:52 pm

Seems like a lot to me. Jordy is an awesome WR, not sure why he never gets any love. Also not sure why you need ajg?
@jojolmags on twitter................... jojomagsff.wordpress.com
**Just do what will make you happy, it's Fantasy after all.**

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:34 am

jeffster wrote:
imi814 wrote:Why would he leave the league when he is the defending champ. But between the op and that other team I can't see many other teams being good as they are both stacked.

WR: Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, AJG, Demaryius Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Jordy Nelson, plus ARob and Cooks...

That's all of the top 6 WRs (plus Jordy, who could plausibly be the 7th), the top two TEs, plus three of the top 5-10 RBs. And we haven't even seen the rest of the other guy's team. What's left on the other teams?
I get where you're coming from, but if this is a money league then you don't walk away from a dominant team. If you're one of the 2 teams that are this stacked, then it's even more likely you're making money on a yearly basis. That's like walking away from an ATM machine that's spitting out money.

If you want competitiveness and a challenge, there are tons of other leagues to join. I just wouldn't be walking away from a league where I'm setup to cash year in and year out just because most of the owners aren't very good.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:11 am

BuckeyeNation wrote:
jeffster wrote:

I get where you're coming from, but if this is a money league then you don't walk away from a dominant team. If you're one of the 2 teams that are this stacked, then it's even more likely you're making money on a yearly basis. That's like walking away from an ATM machine that's spitting out money.

If you want competitiveness and a challenge, there are tons of other leagues to join. I just wouldn't be walking away from a league where I'm setup to cash year in and year out just because most of the owners aren't very good.

No, you're right there, if it's a money league then keep taking their money! I failed to take that into consideration.

smithmn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby smithmn » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:26 am

There was a typo. He is offering me 1.05. I have 1.07 currently.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. As for the league, I agree, I wish it was more balanced. I went 11-1 last year and won the title. I made some major trades to get there. So did the guy who has all those WRs. But he ended up 5th in the league. The guy I played in the championship had Peyton, Lacy, Cobb, TY, and a loaded defense. The two guys who lost in the semi-finals also have nice teams. But, I can see from an outside lens it would look like a joke of a league.

Anyways, I rejected the offer. We are working on a counter right now. What do you guys think of:

AJ Green
Blake Bortles
Jonathan Cyprien

for

Jamaal Charles
Donte Moncrief
Kennan Robinson