Superflex startup complete - Team Eval

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
DallasN1213
Role Player
Role Player

Superflex startup complete - Team Eval

Postby DallasN1213 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:39 am

14 teams, QWWWRRTFFSKD, PPR, 4 Pt passing TD

QB: Bradford, manziel locker, garappollo
RB: Fred Jackson, McCluster, D. Wilson, Andre Williams, Gaffney, Grice
WR: Julio, Patterson, Hopkins, lee, latimer, moncrief, Hawkins, Ellington, m. Wilson
TE: graham, Gronk, Finley, ac Leonard, Luke Wilson
K: Bailey
D: stl

YUCK

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Superflex startup complete - Team Eval

Postby breeze » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:43 am

Are you sure you want to ask? I don't want to hurt any feelings haha
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

ravensfan99
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ravensfan99 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:47 am

yikes

DallasN1213
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DallasN1213 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:48 am

Breezy12 wrote:Are you sure you want to ask? I don't want to hurt any feelings haha
They are already crushed

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:59 am

Look on the brightside...... whoever you like of Mariota/Winston/Gurley is already on your team :)

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:01 am

Did anyonyone draft Mettenberger?
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

myballzachertz
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby myballzachertz » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:03 am

The team looks pretty bad, but you do have some hope. The WR and TE situation looks really good. You could probably move Gronk or Graham for a pretty elite QB if you want to. Also, I am pretty high on Manziel, but it will might not happen right away. If Manziel turns out ok and you are drafting high next year, your team will have 2 strong young QBs, a strong you WR core, and Gronk and Graham.

DallasN1213
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DallasN1213 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:08 am

Jimmy Jones wrote:Did anyonyone draft Mettenberger?
He was drafted

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:13 am

myballzachertz wrote:The team looks pretty bad, but you do have some hope. The WR and TE situation looks really good. You could probably move Gronk or Graham for a pretty elite QB if you want to. Also, I am pretty high on Manziel, but it will might not happen right away. If Manziel turns out ok and you are drafting high next year, your team will have 2 strong young QBs, a strong you WR core, and Gronk and Graham.
Graham does not get you an elite QB. Maybe someone like Russell Wilson and that is a maybe.

Gronk gets you Andy Dalton or Big Ben (who I like). Again this is a maybe.

In a 14 team superflex, QBs are worth the moon. Trading for one will almost be impossible without overpaying an already ridiculous market value. He is better off selling off his old assets for whatever he can get to contenders and start preparing for next season.

The good thing he has going for him is that other than SJax, he has an entire team of players who should either stay the same in value the next 3-4 years or have an arrow pointing up. So there is hope, it will just take a lot of "hits" on the young guys, a couple years and some good rookie drafting

DallasN1213
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DallasN1213 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:20 am

Breezy12 wrote:
myballzachertz wrote:The team looks pretty bad, but you do have some hope. The WR and TE situation looks really good. You could probably move Gronk or Graham for a pretty elite QB if you want to. Also, I am pretty high on Manziel, but it will might not happen right away. If Manziel turns out ok and you are drafting high next year, your team will have 2 strong young QBs, a strong you WR core, and Gronk and Graham.
Graham does not get you an elite QB. Maybe someone like Russell Wilson and that is a maybe.

Gronk gets you Andy Dalton or Big Ben (who I like). Again this is a maybe.

In a 14 team superflex, QBs are worth the moon. Trading for one will almost be impossible without overpaying an already ridiculous market value. He is better off selling off his old assets for whatever he can get to contenders and start preparing for next season.

The good thing he has going for him is that other than SJax, he has an entire team of players who should either stay the same in value the next 3-4 years or have an arrow pointing up. So there is hope, it will just take a lot of "hits" on the young guys, a couple years and some good rookie drafting
First year doing a superflex and I might be in for a long rebuild but there is no way in hell I move Gronk for a dalton or Ben type. How big of an upgrade over locker or Bradford are these guys. Bens about the only one who has 100% job security and he's about a 1 pt upgrade per game over Bradford.

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:26 am

Well locker has one more shot or will be a life long backup.

I love Bradford but he has been hurt in some fashion every year the past 6 years. If he can stay healthy and the Rams can continue to improve the weapons around him, he could be a low QB1 someday.

You NEED Manziel to hit, that is the key to your team.

DallasN1213
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DallasN1213 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:39 am

Breezy12 wrote:Well locker has one more shot or will be a life long backup.

I love Bradford but he has been hurt in some fashion every year the past 6 years. If he can stay healthy and the Rams can continue to improve the weapons around him, he could be a low QB1 someday.

You NEED Manziel to hit, that is the key to your team.
Agree best I can hope for is next year and that's if everything falls right.

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:42 am

I'd see if the Mettenberger owner will part with him for something small, maybe even Garoppolo, although I think Garoppolo is much more likely to eventually succeed in the NFL as a 2nd round pick vs a 6th..
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

DallasN1213
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DallasN1213 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:11 am

Jimmy Jones wrote:I'd see if the Mettenberger owner will part with him for something small, maybe even Garoppolo, although I think Garoppolo is much more likely to eventually succeed in the NFL as a 2nd round pick vs a 6th..
Like mettenberger or to just lock up the titans?

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:45 am

You don't have all the pieces yet, but I do think you did get good value, and that's the good news.

You have 3 studs:
Julio
Graham
Gronk

Two possible future studs:
Patterson
Hopkins

A possible serviceable ppr WR:
Hawkins

And 4 rookies who have a high ceiling:
Manziel
Lee
Latimer
Moncrief

While others think your team is brutal, I think you have a great opportunity to win now and maintain a dynasty.

It looks like to me that you own the market on TE. I'd be looking to trade someone like Gronk or Graham for a top-flight QB and a RB throw-in like Pierre Thomas or Frank Gore... or even Joique Bell if they're desperate enough.

I think you have great value, and with great value, you can get the players you need to fill out the roster. Just don't overpay, especially for running backs.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134