Marlon Brown worth owning?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:15 pm
Location: Vero Beach, FL

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:10 pm

He should have a decent game. Haden will be all over Smith and if Marlon Brown can even do 75% of what Brian Hartline (!) did v.s. the Browns, his value will go up.

User avatar
Purple Pride
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:12 am

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby Purple Pride » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:55 pm

I'm hitting myself because I had him then dropped him for Osweiler when someone dropped him before week one, now Marlon seems untradeable by the new owner.

Darn
12 Team,PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1PK, 1DT+DE, 1LB, 1CB+S, 1DEF Size: 25 players (29 offseason), 4 Taxi, 2 IR
QB: A Luck, T Bridgewater, B Osweiler
RB: T Gurley, CJ Anderson, J Forsett, T. Coleman, D Johnson, T West, T Watson, M Davis, Z Zenner (TS), K Marshal (TS), A Collins (TS), D Lasco (TS)
WR: O Beckham, TY Hilton, K Allen, J Gordon, C Coleman, K Wright, W Snead, M Lee, C Latimer,
TE: R Gronkowski, J Thomas, L Green,
PK: S Hauschka DE: R Quinn LB: T Smith S: M Burnett DEF: Steelers, Ravens Draft Picks 2017: 1, 2, 3, 4

User avatar
holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2940
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby holy_stromboli » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:57 pm

Just traded Slowshon Moreno to the Hillman owner for Marlon Brown and a small chunk of FAAB dollars.

Let's go Brown! :thumbup:

User avatar
PurpleHaze
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:29 am

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby PurpleHaze » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:20 pm

holy_stromboli wrote:Just traded Slowshon Moreno to the Hillman owner for Marlon Brown and a small chunk of FAAB dollars.

Let's go Brown! :thumbup:
Great move.

I actually TRADED Marlon Brown (and PIerre Thomas) for Kenny Stills (and Zach Ertz). Not that I don't like Brown, I love him. But I have Colston and I see Stills as the perfect long term handcuff for Colston. Stills is oozing with upside too.

User avatar
holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2940
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby holy_stromboli » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:24 pm

So who can Marlon favorably be compared to with his skill set? NFL.com says David Nelson. Ravens forums are saying Colston. His measurables say something similar to DX. Thoughts here?

User avatar
Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5015
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby Water Buffalo » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:59 pm

holy_stromboli wrote:So who can Marlon favorably be compared to with his skill set? NFL.com says David Nelson. Ravens forums are saying Colston. His measurables say something similar to DX. Thoughts here?
Size wise, he's somewhat similar to Colston (Colston is a little thicker, same height) and almost identical to DX. I don't know exactly how fast Brown is, but I can't imagine he's as fast as a healthy DX, who was very fast for his height.

Colston is a decent comparison simply because he was a very late round pick and ended up obviously making a big impact in the NFL, which is what we are of course hoping for out of Brown. But I don't know if their skill sets are the same. Colston was always a beast going over the middle, which we have yet to see out of Brown. I have my doubts that he's going to be capable of doing that as well as Colston has.

I know it's a horrendous comparison, but thinking of guys with a similar physical build that play in a similar manner, I think of AJG. Now obviously AJG is faster, more talented, etc... I'm just saying that from the limited amount of exposure I've had to Brown, he seems to be a tall, semi-lanky outside receiver with some deep threat capabilities that doesn't tend to go over the middle much. We'll see if that holds true as we get more tape on him.

User avatar
DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1554
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby DYNOmite » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:24 pm

PurpleHaze wrote:
holy_stromboli wrote:Just traded Slowshon Moreno to the Hillman owner for Marlon Brown and a small chunk of FAAB dollars.

Let's go Brown! :thumbup:
Great move.

I actually TRADED Marlon Brown (and PIerre Thomas) for Kenny Stills (and Zach Ertz). Not that I don't like Brown, I love him. But I have Colston and I see Stills as the perfect long term handcuff for Colston. Stills is oozing with upside too.
I don't like handcuffing WR's but you should have traded for Toon if you wanted Colston's handcuff.

User avatar
DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1554
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby DYNOmite » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Purple Pride wrote:I'm hitting myself because I had him then dropped him for Osweiler when someone dropped him before week one, now Marlon seems untradeable by the new owner.

Darn
I'm kicking myself for not picking him up the night of the 3rd preseason game thinking I could grab him the next day.

User avatar
PurpleHaze
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:29 am

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby PurpleHaze » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:14 am

DYNOmite wrote:
PurpleHaze wrote:
holy_stromboli wrote:Just traded Slowshon Moreno to the Hillman owner for Marlon Brown and a small chunk of FAAB dollars.

Let's go Brown! :thumbup:
Great move.

I actually TRADED Marlon Brown (and PIerre Thomas) for Kenny Stills (and Zach Ertz). Not that I don't like Brown, I love him. But I have Colston and I see Stills as the perfect long term handcuff for Colston. Stills is oozing with upside too.
I don't like handcuffing WR's but you should have traded for Toon if you wanted Colston's handcuff.
Why do you say that? Toon is actually on the ww. I think Stills clearly beat out Toon in preseason.

User avatar
Purple Pride
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:12 am

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby Purple Pride » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 pm

DYNOmite wrote:
Purple Pride wrote:I'm hitting myself because I had him then dropped him for Osweiler when someone dropped him before week one, now Marlon seems untradeable by the new owner.

Darn
I'm kicking myself for not picking him up the night of the 3rd preseason game thinking I could grab him the next day.

That was basically my same thing, I saw he did good that day said I would pick hum up first thing in the morning. Woke up looked at my phone and saw a message that said he was picked up a 2:00 am....errrrr
12 Team,PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1PK, 1DT+DE, 1LB, 1CB+S, 1DEF Size: 25 players (29 offseason), 4 Taxi, 2 IR
QB: A Luck, T Bridgewater, B Osweiler
RB: T Gurley, CJ Anderson, J Forsett, T. Coleman, D Johnson, T West, T Watson, M Davis, Z Zenner (TS), K Marshal (TS), A Collins (TS), D Lasco (TS)
WR: O Beckham, TY Hilton, K Allen, J Gordon, C Coleman, K Wright, W Snead, M Lee, C Latimer,
TE: R Gronkowski, J Thomas, L Green,
PK: S Hauschka DE: R Quinn LB: T Smith S: M Burnett DEF: Steelers, Ravens Draft Picks 2017: 1, 2, 3, 4

User avatar
Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5015
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby Water Buffalo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:04 pm

I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread yet (might have missed it), but Aaron Mellette was placed on IR a couple days ago with a knee injury as well. Not that Brown didn't already have a much clearer path to starting than Mellette, but there's even less competition now. As for right now, there's Torrey Smith, Marlon Brown, and not a whole lot else to be concerned with as far as outside receivers are concerned.

Who knows what the future holds for this kid, but the present looks very promising. He's going to potentially be very fantasy viable starting right about now.

User avatar
seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2028
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:20 pm
Location: The University of Chicago

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby seahawks506 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread yet (might have missed it), but Aaron Mellette was placed on IR a couple days ago with a knee injury as well. Not that Brown didn't already have a much clearer path to starting than Mellette, but there's even less competition now. As for right now, there's Torrey Smith, Marlon Brown, and not a whole lot else to be concerned with as far as outside receivers are concerned.

Who knows what the future holds for this kid, but the present looks very promising. He's going to potentially be very fantasy viable starting right about now.
Rooting for the guy but I don't know how viable the Baltimore passing offense is for fantasy. I don't see the no.2 as a consistent or very productive spot, Brown can be better than Jones but Jones' role never excited anyone to begin with. We'll see.
DLF IDP Invitational II- '14 champ
QB: A. Luck, B. Roethlisberger, K. Cousins, D. Prescott
RB: J. Mixon, E. Lacy, G. Bernard, J. Stewart, T. Coleman, A. Jones, O. Darkwa
WR: O. Beckham, A. Brown, A. Jeffery, M. Wallace, T. Boyd, J. Smith-Schuster, M. Lee, K. Golladay
TE: J. Doyle, J. Witten, C. Clay, A. Derby, E. Swoope
DL: M. Edwards, G. Atkins, N. Suh, L. Joseph
LB: C. Kirksey, J. Brown, K. Van Noy, R. Ragland, K. Minter, J. Ryan
DB: A. Bethea, J. Adams, M. Hyde, J. Poyer

Team 2:
QB: A. Smith, E. Manning, J. McCown
RB: L. Fournette, K. Hunt, J. White, C. Prosise, J. Hill, O. Darkwa
WR: A. Green, D. Hopkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, P. Garcon, D. Amendola, A. Hurns
TE: A. Seferian-Jenkins, G. Kittle, V. Davis

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2211
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby RGKID144 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:38 am

I picked him up a few days before the season started because I saw the potential in opportunity. However, I began reading alot about his college days, etc and I cut bait because he has one serious laundry list of injuries. And serious injuries at that. It seems like He has never played a full season of football.

So I ended up dropping him to grab someone else.

However, after his week 1 game, I rewaivered him for 16 waiver dollars(which is annoying). I think he is going to provide some serious starting viability this week and weeks to come. The only problem is I don't think he will stay healthy, and that concerns me. I really like him as a spot start for the time being. An excellent spot start, just not a fan of his long term outlook. I think he plays well, gets hurt again, and then Baltimore and Co looks elsewhere for another WR for 2014, and Marlon never hits the ground running again.
Entering year seven of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Cam Newton, Kirk Cousins, Sam Bradford, Jimmy Garropolo, AJ McCarron, Case Keenum, Landry Jones.
WR:Julio Jones, Odell Beckham, Alshon Jeffery, Larry Fitzgerald, Golden Tate, Michael Crabtree, Marquise Lee, Kenny Golladay, Curtis Samuel.
RB:Jay Ajayi, Doug Martin, Marshawn Lynch, Eddie Lacy, Ameer Abdullah.
TE: Evan Engram, Jared Cook, Tyler Eifert, David Njoku, Jack Doyle, Jonnu Smith.

User avatar
RichDynastyFB
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:32 pm
Location: Clemson, SC

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby RichDynastyFB » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:14 am

RGKID144 wrote:I picked him up a few days before the season started because I saw the potential in opportunity. However, I began reading alot about his college days, etc and I cut bait because he has one serious laundry list of injuries. And serious injuries at that. It seems like He has never played a full season of football.

So I ended up dropping him to grab someone else.

However, after his week 1 game, I rewaivered him for 16 waiver dollars(which is annoying). I think he is going to provide some serious starting viability this week and weeks to come. The only problem is I don't think he will stay healthy, and that concerns me. I really like him as a spot start for the time being. An excellent spot start, just not a fan of his long term outlook. I think he plays well, gets hurt again, and then Baltimore and Co looks elsewhere for another WR for 2014, and Marlon never hits the ground running again.
Looking at your RB lineup in your sig, and given your opinion of Brown, I'd be shopping him for a RB while the hype is there.
10 Team-1 PPR -1 pt/10 yd rush/rec-4 pt pass TD-6 pt Rush TD-2 pt/tackle-6 pt/sack-8 pt Int.
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2-3WR, 1-2 TE, 1PK, 2 DT/DE, 2LB, 2 CB/S

2014 League Champion

QB Cam Newton, Teddy Bridgewater
RB Le'Veon Bell, Justin Forsett, Giovanni Bernard, Theo Riddick
WR Keenan Allen, Jordy Nelson, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Dontae Moncrief, Marqise Lee,Davante Adams, Brandon LaFell, Allen Hurns, Kenny Stills
TE Rob Gronkowski, Greg Olsen, Delanie Walker
PK Mason Crosby
DE Jurrell Casey, Fletcher Cox
LB Lavonte David, Chris Borland
CB/S Kemal Ismael, H Smith,Robert Blanton, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

verbalkint
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby verbalkint » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:11 pm

what is his value long term, as compared to the likes of Woods, wheaton, patton types? Seems he has more immediate value, but will his immediate playing time allow him to prove long term worth?
QB-Wilson, Tannehill, RGIII
RB-Hyde, Spiller, Vereen, Mckinnon, Davis, Allen
WR- Nelson, OBJ, Hopkins, Cooks, Watkins, Robinson, K.White, Parker, Agholor
TE- Eifert, Rudolph, L.Green
10 team .5ppr qb,rb,rb,wr,wr,te,flex,flex


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: psfox2010 and 2 guests