Cruz and/or Nicks?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cruz and/or Nicks?

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:18 pm

I own both Cruz and Nicks in my 14 teamer. I don't really like rostering two WRs from the same team. Question is...which one should I try to trade away? And who should I target?

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Cruz and/or Nicks?

Postby Jfever » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:24 pm

If I owed both it would be me moving Nicks but I'd be trying to move him to someone who still think he has a top 5 dynasty wr ceiling. There are alot of them out there as it seems he as a cult like following for some reason. People have (for the past two seasons) been overly supportive of Nicks and his "upside" while seemingly ignoring the 2,600 plus yds, 170 receptions, 270 targets, and 20 Td's that Cruz has recorded while still declaring Nicks a number 1 wr and gloating on about Nicks size or his hands but ignoring his injury propensity and thus the 1,800 yds, 130 receptions, 230 targets, and 10 td's over the same span. Heck, maybe Nicks will be healthy this year - maybe. For me though, the safe bet is Cruz. All depends on what you could get in an offer and I bet (for some reason) that you could get more in return for Nicks and if that is the case - it's a win win.

Also, I read this a few min ago in regard to Cruz and his contract situation.

(Rotoworld)The New York Daily News reports the Giants have offered restricted free agent Victor Cruz a long-term contract that "exceeds" $7 million annually.
Analysis: The offer also reportedly contains a "sizable amount" of guaranteed money. It isn't thought to be such a long-term commitment where it wouldn't allow Cruz to sign another lengthy contract when this potential one expires. The $7 million per year average is slightly higher than what Danny Amendola and Wes Welker received in free agency last week. Cruz is younger and more versatile than Welker, while he isn't the injury risk that Amendola is. With Cruz switching agents, it's expected that a deal will get worked out so that he won't have to play the 2013 season under the $2.879 million tender, but there's still work to do.

I think a deal gets done soon which will lock Cruz up in NYG for rest of E.Mannings career and should keep Cruz at a low end wr1 or real high wr2 for next few years.

:dance:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Igwebuike 4 Prez
Starter
Starter

Postby Igwebuike 4 Prez » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Don't trade either.

If you try dealing Cruz now, chances are good other owners will use the contract uncertainty to buy him cheaper.

If you try dealing Nicks now, other owners are certain to use his injury history to offer less.

Just hold until the season starts. The first couple times either one goes off for 25+ points (one of them will), sell.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:43 am

Igwebuike 4 Prez wrote:Don't trade either.

If you try dealing Cruz now, chances are good other owners will use the contract uncertainty to buy him cheaper.

If you try dealing Nicks now, other owners are certain to use his injury history to offer less.

Just hold until the season starts. The first couple times either one goes off for 25+ points (one of them will), sell.
BINGO! Though if you must sell one right now, you should get better return for Cruz.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:23 am

Have a feeling that another #82 (Rueben Randle) grows into the Mario Manningham role this season and starts to take a little from both of them....

But NY has a lot of passes to go around, so... Just have to hope the Hixons and the Bardens of the world stop stealing so many touches. I think a healthy Nicks and a stable WR #3 situation should take care of that though.
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes, Tua Tagovailoa
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, M Wilson, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 2 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7..

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:40 am

Yeah...to be honest I was hoping Cruz would sign somewhere else, thus making it so I would have two prospective great WRs non dependent on each other. Oh well, ill hold tight unless someone makes me an offer. I have Miles Austin that I was trying to package with one of these guys to upgrade. Not much of a fan of Austin, plus he is aging.