selling fitz?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
the_future
All Pro
All Pro

Re: selling fitz?

Postby the_future » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:21 am

No, I will not point out that you thought you were talking to the same person with your last response... In all reality, it was two different posters that you were replying to your comment. Easy on the calm down, and don't get offended comments those are childish statements that attempt to make you look like you are winning a debate but in reality just make your points even less efficient... I see your relatively new here, you will get used to this posting thing sooner or later. :)

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:03 am

bamafan1987 wrote: Lol just focus on the one incorrect thing I said. He's an older WR. And I didn't say you owned him in every single league. You called yourself a Fitz owner and so I called you a Fitz owner, whether its one league or 14 leagues.

Fitz has played through poor QB play before and still been awesome. That's what make this year concerning for me with him and why I would never give one of those RBs for him. Who knows if this is just a bump in the road or if its the beginning of a rapid decline for the guy. I'm telling you in my leagues I wouldn't offer any more than a few promising young guys like we mentioned. And in my leagues you would never have your asking price met if you're wanting a top 10-15 RB for him.

Try not to get offended this time around. It's okay if people disagree with you. And spare us from another post about how I was incorrect on his age by a few years. (Move on lol). Your response will probably criticize any grammatical or punctuation errors in this post instead lol.

It was not a grammatical or punctuation error, though. Grammatical and punctation errors are errors in aesthetics that I agree are annoying when people habitually correct. Your error was not an aesthetic error, it was a IT was a key "fact" that you based your argument on. There's a substantive difference in value of a WR who's ACTUALLY in his mid 30's, say, Reggie Wayne or Randy Moss, and someone who's 29.

No one is "angry" with you. Your reaction to people pointing out a massive error is pretty much " why u mad bro?" No one is mad. They are pointing out your mistake. Your reaction should be "my bad" not "why u mad". If I made an argument based on some massive error, I would expect people to point it out for me. I wouldn't accuse them of being angry when it was I that made the error. If you continue to post here, get used to people challenging not only your facts, but the logic of your arguments. When they do, you should be appreciative of it, not defensive about it. It is a valuable resource that can aid you in Dynasty.

For the record, I don't particularly like Fitz either, as it's been several years since he's played like the top 5 WR he's valued at. His one great merit, that he was still able to produce at minimum as a top 15 wr no matter which QB is playing, was obliterated this season. How ever, he is not an "old" wr yet. He's pretty much in his physical prime (albeit at the tail end of that prime). He should, in theory, have many productive years left, if given the right situation. His situation in the near and extended future is the issue. I fear the may very well be in his mid 30's before he has a favorable situation. If he were in his mid 30'd now, he'd be near cuttable.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Fitz was just traded in one of my leagues

Fitz, DeMarco, 2013 2.04, 2013 2.08, 2013 3.02

FOR

Forte, Bowe, 2013 2.05, 2014 1st

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:47 pm

I hate that for the former fitz owner.

bamafan1987
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bamafan1987 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:48 pm

I have edited my post and corrected my error. He's about to be 30. Got his age mixed up with Reggie Wayne's for some reason. Please forgive this mistake.

I stand by what I said though. There's no way you'd get a top 20 RB in any league I'm in for Fitgerald, whether he's 29 or 35.

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:50 pm

RobertBobson wrote:I hate that for the former fitz owner.
I didn't think it was too bad. The Fitz owner also had Mathews at RB and he didn't want to go into the season with Murray and Mathews as his starters.

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:00 pm

TryingToWin wrote:
RobertBobson wrote:I hate that for the former fitz owner.
I didn't think it was too bad. The Fitz owner also had Mathews at RB and he didn't want to go into the season with Murray and Mathews as his starters.

I'm not sure Forte is an upgrade over Murray, but I guess he's more reliable. I like Fitz considerably more than Bowe, they both have crappy, uncertain situations. If Bowe ends up in an attractive place I suppose it could be nice for him. I Would definitely rather have the fitz/murray side.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:59 am

TryingToWin wrote:Fitz was just traded in one of my leagues

Fitz, DeMarco, 2013 2.04, 2013 2.08, 2013 3.02

FOR

Forte, Bowe, 2013 2.05, 2014 1st
This is why many are saying that Fitz is a hold and it is a buyer's market for him right now. I see both sides of the arguement. If I own Fitz Im not selling him at a discount, and if Im buying Fitz Im not paying full value. Reminds me alot of the Nicks situation right now, just for different reasons...
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:38 am

fitz is a hold
just turned down a bowe + deal w/o blinking
he is a great candidate for the steve smith reggie wayne resurgence assuming arains straightens out that OLINE / QB situation .
I could easily nee the cards taking an OT at 7 adding another lineman soon after and a blocking TE to help out whomever is playing qb .
Kolb after a very shaky start stood up like a man and took his beatings his last couple of games before being injured for the season . That will play well in the locker room I think and arians is used to having a qb that will take a pounding after working w/ big ben and luck the last several years . Kolb is not as stout as those guys but he stood in there for like 20 shots his last 2 games - arians can work with that if he has to.
If the cards upgrade the qb position that only heightens fitzs value more.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:52 pm

I inquired about Fitzgerald. I suggested trading:
Giving-2.10(20th overall) and 3.05 (25th overall)
Getting-Fitzgerald

DJ and the QB situation hurt Larry's value, but even at 35 he's shown he's a PPR machine. Only Brown, Hopkins, and Keenan finished above him in our league at WR.

ALSO. I own this owner's 2019 1st round pick. His team is extremely old and will likely finish bottom 4. Taking away one of his better players increases the probability of the pick being #1 next year.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Way to go grave robbing.

As I was reading the posts, I was like WTF are these guys arguing about. None of it was making sense until I saw the dates on the posts.

Haha

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:02 pm

Fitz is about the only active player left that was mentioned in this resurrected thead. If you're like me, you held him then (or bought him on the cheap), and you'll hang onto him now if you are still a contender!

If I'm not a contender, or have massive depth at wr, I'd still try to get a late first and a serviceable skill player at least.

-oo-

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:03 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:11 pm Way to go grave robbing.
As I was reading the posts, I was like WTF are these guys arguing about. None of it was making sense until I saw the dates on the posts.
Haha
Lol, I didn't feel like starting a new one. I noticed after I posted. Does anyone have any advice on my offer for Fitz?
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

jcernicka
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jcernicka » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:46 pm

I'd gladly pay the 2.10 and 3.05 for Fitz on a contender.
1 Champion: 2015,2016,2017
12 Team, 0.5 PPR, TE 1PPR
Start 9: 1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 2-Flex

QB: Brees
RB: MG3, Ingram, Lindsay, Freeman, McCoy, Lynch, Richard, Blue
WR: AB, Thielen, Sanders, Edelman, Fitz, Hogan, Dez
TE: Kelce, Reed

24 Team-dual copy, Sflex, 0.25PPC, PPR, TE 2PPR
Start 10: 1-2QB, 1-7RB, 1-7WR, 1-7TE

QB: Mayfield, Trubisky, Stafford, Bridgewater, Taylor
RB: Barkley, Fournette, Mixon, Chubb, Jones, White, Yeldon, Ware, Blue
WR: AB, Evans, Arob, Kirk, Cobb, Reynolds
TE: Cook, Shaheen, Harris, Heuermann

3 Champion: 2017,2018
12 Team, PPR, 6pt pass TD, Sflex, 2-TE
Start 13: 1-QB, 3-RB, 5-WR, 2-TE, 1-Sflex, 1-Flex

QB: Wentz, Watson, Stafford
RB: Gurley, CMC, MG3, K. Johnson, Yeldon, Barber, Adams, Dixon
WR: Cooks, JuJu, Sanders, Edelman, Fuller, CD84, Kirk, Amendola
TE: Kelce, Engram, Njoku, Everett

Snickers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Snickers » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:55 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:03 pm
slaughterrt wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:11 pm Way to go grave robbing.
Haha
Lol, I didn't feel like starting a new one. I noticed after I posted. Does anyone have any advice on my offer for Fitz?
I was reading the thread and was looking at some of the players and I was confused AF.

I got a 3.01 for Fitzgerald.
T1: 12-team, dynasty, 22 roster (3 IR) | 1pt ppr | FAAB/Rook Draft
QB | 2RB | 2WR | TE | FLEX | K | DST
QB Winston, Mahomes, Mariota
RB Hunt, Penny, Michel
WR A. Cooper, D. Thomas, D. Moore, Doctson, M. Williams, Doctson, Sutton
TE OJ Howard, Hooper, Butt
K None
DST: None

T2: 16-team, 13-keeper, 17 roster (2 IR) | 1pt ppr | FA/Rookie Draft
QB | 2RB | 3WR | TE | FLEX | K | DST
QB Winston, Mahomes
RB Hunt, Freeman, Ro. Jones
WR Cooks, D. Thomas, Landry, Kupp, Watkins, Robinson, K. Benjamin, Godwin
TE Graham
K None
DST: None
2018 3.2

T3: 12-team, dynasty, 25 roster (2 IR) | .5pt ppr | FAAB/Rookie Draft
QB | 2RB | 2WR | TE | FLEX | DST
QB Goff, Mariota, Dalton, Tannehill
RB Freeman, Hyde, Powell, Perine, Gallman
WR Beckham, Dez Bryant, A. Robinson, Kupp, Godwin, Reynolds, A. Wilson, C. Williams
TE Engram, Howard, Butt
DST Rams, Falcons
2018 1.3 3.1 4.5 4.12