Foles in SF?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Foles in SF?

Postby Mephistopheles » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:56 pm

Have N. Foles in a SF league and am thinking about moving him.

What would be a reasonable expectation for a return in rookie picks or in hypothetical players?

Thanks much!
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Foles in SF?

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:47 pm

I think it’s league size dependent, but if I was looking to move him I would take any 1st for Foles.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:17 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:47 pm I think it’s league size dependent, but if I was looking to move him I would take any 1st for Foles.
agree with any 1st. I'd probably even take a high 2nd. I'm not that impressed with Foles. I don't think he lasts long in Jacksonville.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:29 pm

whodunnit wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:17 pm
slaughterrt wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:47 pm I think it’s league size dependent, but if I was looking to move him I would take any 1st for Foles.
agree with any 1st. I'd probably even take a high 2nd. I'm not that impressed with Foles. I don't think he lasts long in Jacksonville.

Agreed, any 1st

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:35 am

Agree with the above. I'd sell for a late 1st or early 2nd.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:47 am

dont listen to the crowd here, you have a starting qb who is under contract the next several seasons. you should expect a wr2 or fringe rb1, a mid first plus, or someone else with similar value. if you can't find good value just hold him, the market isnt super hot for him right now but that can change in an instant.

for a reference i traded D freeman for Foles and a devy right in a 14 team SF.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:53 am

imo

10 team: mid 2nd
12 team: early 2nd/late first (depending on roster size and history of leauge)
14 team: Mid/late 1st
16+: Mid 1st
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:00 am

I don't think you're going to find many owners willing to pay a 1st for a guy that they probably don't expect to be the long-term answer at QB, regardless of his contract. If you don't need him, I'd sell him for an early 2nd. If you don't want to do that, wait till the middle of the season when there are some injuries and try to get a late 1st.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:10 am

Goddard wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:00 am I don't think you're going to find many owners willing to pay a 1st for a guy that they probably don't expect to be the long-term answer at QB, regardless of his contract. If you don't need him, I'd sell him for an early 2nd. If you don't want to do that, wait till the middle of the season when there are some injuries and try to get a late 1st.
hes got 45 million fully guaranteed and is being paid in the top 12 QBs in per year salary and is not a free agent till 2023. idk how you can ignore all that. he did win a superbowl once too lol. he may not be a ten year starter but i dont think hes gonna be a one and done case keenum type (who did NOT get rewarded with a contract like Foles)

im just curious why everyone has written off Foles...did he play too well as an eagle that it had to be the team and not him? do you guys all believe his days with jeff fischer were his true self?
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:23 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:10 am
Goddard wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:00 am I don't think you're going to find many owners willing to pay a 1st for a guy that they probably don't expect to be the long-term answer at QB, regardless of his contract. If you don't need him, I'd sell him for an early 2nd. If you don't want to do that, wait till the middle of the season when there are some injuries and try to get a late 1st.
hes got 45 million fully guaranteed and is being paid in the top 12 QBs in per year salary and is not a free agent till 2023. idk how you can ignore all that. he did win a superbowl once too lol. he may not be a ten year starter but i dont think hes gonna be a one and done case keenum type (who did NOT get rewarded with a contract like Foles)

im just curious why everyone has written off Foles...did he play too well as an eagle that it had to be the team and not him? do you guys all believe his days with jeff fischer were his true self?
"Top-12" contract means little. Teams are desperate at QB, which is why QBs rarely hit free agency. Contracts will continue to go up with the salary cap, and teams will overpay. Case in point, guys like Tyrell Williams and Quincy Enunwa making top-20 WR money right now.

As a player, he certainly showed flashes and played amazing in SBLII, but he's been wildly inconsistent as a starter with both the Rams and Eagles. Look at his fantasy point totals week by week in 2017 and 2018 in PHI. Is that really a fantasy QB you want to rely on as more than a QB3 or bye-week guy?
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:26 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:10 am

QB contracts are fairly protected and always increase. in 2 years likely won't be a top 20 contract.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:14 am

Yup, contract doesn't mean a whole lot. Foles wouldn't be the first player a team overpaid for. And yes, he looked good at times the last couple of years when he started, but he's also looked terrible prior to that when he was a starter elsewhere. Jacksonville also doesn't have the talent nor the system that Philly has, so there's no guarantee his success will translate on a new team. He's an average QB at best, and there's no way I'm paying a mid 1st to acquire him.

Also, Flacco won a suberbowl and has some good seasons as well...