Fitz or Pick

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which side

Fitz
50%
2.04 (20th overall)
50%

Total votes: 18

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Fitz or Pick

Postby EAGLES » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:28 pm

Sent the 2.04 in a 16 team SuperFlex league for Fitz now that he’s Miami’s QB. I have 0 QBs. Thought this was a good deal for me, but it was accepted awfully quick so wanted to gauge the community’s opinion. Gives me some points at the QB slot at least

Bestball - .2 ppc - 1.5 TE PPR
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SuperFlex 2Flex

My team:
Lauletta
Zeke, Breida, Ekeler, Latavius
Keenan, Cooper, A Miller, MVS, TreQuan, Switzer
Doyle, Dissly, Brate
2019 picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.10
Last edited by EAGLES on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Fitz or Pick

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:56 pm

I personally would have gambled on getting Murray or Haskins at the 2.04 but I can see the need to make the deal not having a QB.

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Postby EAGLES » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:05 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:56 pm I personally would have gambled on getting Murray or Haskins at the 2.04 but I can see the need to make the deal not having a QB.
I highly doubt either of those QBs make it out of the 1st round in this 16 team league. So, I was looking for a low end QB for cheap and hopefully grab one of the rookies with my 1.04/1.05.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:08 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:56 pm I personally would have gambled on getting Murray or Haskins at the 2.04 but I can see the need to make the deal not having a QB.
There is less than zero chance that Murray or Haskins would be available in a 16 team super flex at the 2.04.

And wow! Not having a starting QB in a 16 team super flex is a VERY undesirable position to be in. A one year rental is better than nothing. I would gladly pay that price. Starting QBs in a league like this are VERY expensive.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

starlord
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby starlord » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:11 pm

i like the move...its hard to find starting qbs in a 16 team sf league. hopefully u can get one of kyler or haskins with the 1.04. good luck

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:12 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:08 pm
There is less than zero chance that Murray or Haskins would be available in a 16 team super flex at the 2.04.

And wow! Not having a starting QB in a 16 team super flex is a VERY undesirable position to be in. A one year rental is better than nothing. I would gladly pay that price. Starting QBs in a league like this are VERY expensive.
I totally missed this was a SF league. Back to the original post, how does the owner not have multiple QB's in SF??

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Postby EAGLES » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:12 pm
Hottoddies wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:08 pm

I totally missed this was a SF league. Back to the original post, how does the owner not have multiple QB's in SF??
I took over an orphan and the team had no QBs. Joined the dispersal we had due to multiple teams leaving the league and decided to take young players (Keenan & Amari...I had the 1st pick in the dispersal and took Zeke) over the aging QBs available in the dispersal since I knew my team wouldn’t be competing for years even if I had the aging QBs. The aging QBs wouldn’t do me any good and I also know how difficult it is to trade in this league even for non QBs. Gut decision and hopefully it pays off

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:26 am

EAGLES wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:09 pm I took over an orphan and the team had no QBs. Joined the dispersal we had due to multiple teams leaving the league and decided to take young players over the aging QBs available in the dispersal since I knew my team wouldn’t be competing for years even if I had the aging QBs.
This is completely contradictory. Why would you aim to rebuild and draft no QBs in the dispersal and then pay the 2.04 for Fitzpatrick? Unless you think you can sell him for more in-season? I'd much rather have 2.04
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

BucFanJKE
Captain
Captain

Postby BucFanJKE » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:41 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:26 am
EAGLES wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:09 pm I took over an orphan and the team had no QBs. Joined the dispersal we had due to multiple teams leaving the league and decided to take young players over the aging QBs available in the dispersal since I knew my team wouldn’t be competing for years even if I had the aging QBs.
This is completely contradictory. Why would you aim to rebuild and draft no QBs in the dispersal and then pay the 2.04 for Fitzpatrick? Unless you think you can sell him for more in-season? I'd much rather have 2.04
He does have 1.04 and 1.05, so he might be able to move up and get one of Murray/Haskins if he wants to. Having Fitz as the #2 gives him at least 2 qbs he can start if he goes that route. Really tough spot to be in though. 16 team SF with only Lauletta and Fitzmagic on the team will be rough.
Team 1-
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 2R, 2W, 1T, 3WRT)
QB- Richardson, Dak, Watson, Bennett, Zappe
RB- Achane, Mixon, Ekeler, Javonte Williams, Mostert, Dobbins, Gibson, Bigsby, Spears, Gainwell
WR- Chase, Lamb, London, Pittman, QJ, Bateman, MT, OBJ, Skyy
TE- Freiermuth, Kincaid, Chig, Fant, Musgrave, Woods, Bellinger
1.07, 3.04, 4.07

Team 2-
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Kyler, Stroud
RB: CMC, Bijan, Gibbs, JT, Breece Hall, Kamara, Gibson, 4nette
WR: Diggs, Hill, AJB, Aiyuk, London, JSN, Hollywood, M.Mims, Meyers, Shaheed
TE: Kelce, Kyle Pitts, Dulcich, Logan Thomas
2024: 2 1st (one top 3), 4th

Team 3- (Adopted Dumpster Orphan)
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Dak, Young
RB: Gibbs, Hall, J. Cook, Warren, Bigsby, K. Mitchell, Dobbins, D. Cook,
WR: Lamb, Wilson, Olave, Higgins, London, JSN, Bateman, Wan'Dale, Z. Jones, Hyatt
TE: Kittle, Kincaid, Woods, Likely
2024: 2 1st (one top 2), 3rd, 4th

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:55 am

2.04 easily. Not even clsoe for me. Fitz will probably be benched by mid-season.

MIA will be Fitz-magic for 3 games, Fitz-average for the next 2/3 then Fitz-tragic for a couple before getting benched.

Unless of course MIA want to completely tank and they just leave him in for the season.
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:14 am

Fitz is a good 1 year rental at that price if you think you can compete this year.

You have a few high picks, so maybe you will get Haskins or Murray at 1.04/05.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Postby EAGLES » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:27 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:26 am
It was more of a gamble to get points at the QB spot while keeping my top talent. Yes, I do know I’m giving up more value at the 2.04 over Fitz who will be Miami’s QB for 1 year maybe a year and a half. That was my option or my other option would be to go get a good QB and basically disassemble my entire team to acquire that QB which would set me back many more years then losing the 2.04. I have the 1.04, 1.05, 1.10 which I’m hoping to land a decent rookie QB and hopefully be able to sell the other picks for something proven or just draft BPA and hope to hit on them.

Teams aren’t even moving mediocre QBs without asking for top notch players plus. There are only a handful of teams in the position to move a QB which was another factor that came into play. I’d rather gamble on Fitz as a low end QB for the time being then to lose Zeke+ for a QB. But yes, I hope to flip him during the season to a contender for future draft capital. It’s a risk I was willing to take and hope it pays off.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am

I answered before looking at your post. Sorry. I chose the pick in the poll, but you absolutely made the right decision based on your roster...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.