Antonio Brown value right now, with about 5 prospective teams remaining?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
davidxhorn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Antonio Brown value right now, with about 5 prospective teams remaining?

Postby davidxhorn » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:53 am

So, Bills fell through, and there is actually a chance that the Steelers just keep him and exempt him or something now. Could be Raiders, 49ers, and... ???

I want off this ship now - what would be good value for him? I am thinking of shipping him for Tevin Coleman and the 1.04. Fair?
Team 1 - 10 Team 0.5 PPR SuperFlex 27-man(2018 Champ)
Start 1x QB, 2x RB, 2x WR, 1x TE, 2x FLEX, 1x SF

QB: Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trubisky
RB: Mixon, Henry, CEH, Darrell Henderson, Ronald Jones, Nyheim Hines
WR: Amari Cooper, Courtland Sutton, Tyler Boyd, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Sammy Watkins, Robbie Anderson, Anthony Miller, Travis Fulgham
TE: Engram, Jonnu Smith
2021 Draft Picks: 1.03, 1.04, 1.05, 1.10, 2.02, 2.03

Team 2 - 12 Team 0.5 PPR 40-man(2018 + 2019 Champ)
1x QB, 3x RB, 3x WR, 1x TE, 1x FLEX, 1x SF

QB: Minshew, Bridgewater, Daniel Jones
RB: Ronald Jones, Conner, Gurley, Mike Davis, Deandre Swift
WR: Courtland Sutton, Sterling Shepard, Curtis Samuel, Tyler Boyd, Anthony Miller, Preston Williams
TE: Kelce, Ebron, Jonnu Smith
2021 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.12, 1x 2nd Rounder

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Antonio Brown value right now, with about 5 prospective teams remaining?

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:58 am

davidxhorn wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:53 am I want off this ship now - what would be good value for him? I am thinking of shipping him for Tevin Coleman and the 1.04. Fair?
Ew. I own Brown in a couple of leagues, and I'm content just holding. His value will bounce right back with the first 100+ yard game in 2019 regardless of what team he's on.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:40 am

Just a thought here and it could be way off, but I'm also not sure it can be entirely ruled out.

We often hear talk that certain systems push the players in them to the top. When that system is no longer there for some players (whether it's coaching changes or change of team), the player's performance comes back down to earth. I'm not saying that AB will be one of those guys, but if you think about some of the WRs that have left Pitt over the years, they haven't faired terribly well elsewhere. I know Brown is a great talent, however, I think his value has to dip. I do not expect elite numbers with the teams that have been connected to him the most. It seems far-fetched to expect that to happen. Larry Fitzgerald said it best when he said, "he doesn't know how good he's got it playing with a HOF QB."

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:19 pm

It doesn't matter where he lands, in training camp there will be so many puff pieces about how amazing AB is. Now is not a time to sell, even if you don't like the landing spot, you wait it out and sell when the puff pieces and coach speak is hitting its high note in the offseason...or just wait until he performs during the yr like Ditka said.

Selling now would be a mistake...unless he somehow magically ends up on GB or Indy, if that happens, strike while the iron is hot.