100k Posts!?! (99,999)

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Re: 100k Posts!?! (99,999)

Postby makemeasandwich » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:46 am

Boyd’s a baller, prolific college production and classic 3rd year breakout in the NFL.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:56 am

If you see boyd as a top 20 type guy, sure throw him in there. I dont see him in that light though. Not sure i see golladay, moore or ridley there either next year.

Boyd had a nice season, no doubt. Everything came in 5-7 games if i remember correctly. I prefer "safer" options is all. Hard to say amount of targets going forward with young guys...i dont anticipate top 20 from boyd with 100-110 targets.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:05 am

sloth8u wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:56 am If you see boyd as a top 20 type guy, sure throw him in there. I dont see him in that light though. Not sure i see golladay, moore or ridley there either next year.

Boyd had a nice season, no doubt. Everything came in 5-7 games if i remember correctly. I prefer "safer" options is all. Hard to say amount of targets going forward with young guys...i dont anticipate top 20 from boyd with 100-110 targets.
I mean you know he missed 2 games right ? He would have had 130 targets. He only had his starting QB for 8 games .. out of 15 games 6 over 20 points and I think 8 over 15 points.. I don't think many WRs had half their games over 15 points with a backup QB half the year.

Edit - Sorry if I am coming off defensive I'm really not taking it personal or anything like that , I really wanna know why people are down on him after he had his 3rd year breakout as the WR2 in Cinn. behind getting old AJG with no QB half the year.. I mean it's not like he was a 5th or later round pick that did this , He is a 2nd round pick that was very good in college.
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:23 am

You have boyd as an 8+ target per game guy....i simply dont. That doesnt mean he wont or shouldnt see the looks... I just have my doubts. Maybe you have me undervaluing him, happens every year with various players.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:28 am

sloth8u wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:23 am You have boyd as an 8+ target per game guy....i simply dont. That doesnt mean he wont or shouldnt see the looks... I just have my doubts. Maybe you have me undervaluing him, happens every year with various players.
tbh I haven't kept up with Cinn much , Is Dalton going to be the QB this year and How long will AJG be a WR1 ?

He had 66 targets the first 8 games with Dalton and AJG active that's just over 8 targets a game. idk I just don't see why he can't build on that he was a great route runner and has nice size 6'2.
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:53 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:24 am
BeeziBad wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:23 am Boyd don't belong in this tier.
lmao your right he belongs in the tier above them :)

Edit- OHHHH I should have seen he is a Pitt. fan lol.

Forreal though I don't understand how anyone can say Boyd don't belong in this convo with these WR2/3s when he was the highest scorer out of all of them and missed 2 games ?

Another thing while Dalton was starting he was a top 13 WR same ppg as Juju I'm just saying.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/0 ... nio-brown/
I think the hesitation is the perception that he can't beat press/#1 cbs and that he lacks explosion. I heavily considered buying early in the season but couldn't pull the trigger myself because of those issues. Being the #2 on a team, he has potential to produce a thielen/diggs type situation but being relied upon as a #1 or expecting wr1 upside is pretty optimistic.
12Team .5ppr/1PPR TEs 1Q/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FL/SF
QB- Hurts, Howell, O'Connell, Lance, Trubisky, Mariota
RB- Bijan, Breece, Javonte, Warren, Spears, Dillon, Herbert
WR- Puka, St.B, Olave, DSmith, Pickens, Addison, Wicks, EMoore, Mooney, Claypool, Gallup, Kirk, Bateman, JMeyers, Gage
TE- LaPorta, Pitts, Everett

12Tm .5PPR SF (1pprTE) 22/23 Champs
Start12
QB-Burrow, Hurts, Stroud, Howell
RB-Walker, Kamara, Warren, KMitchell, Pierce, Dillon, CEH
WR-Jefferson, AJB, Pittman, DSmith, Cooper, JMeyers, Dotson, Shaheed, Palmer, Dortch
TE-Friermuth, Thomas

12T 6PPTD SF PPR (1.5TE) *start12
Q- Hurts, Dak, TLaw, Huntley
R- Walker, Ekeler, AJones, KMitchell, Allgeier, Herbert
W- Puka, St.B, GWilson, Jeudy, Diontae, MikeWill, Douglas, Dotson, Mims, Thielan, Woods
T- LaPorta, Engram, Everett, Bellinger
*2.1, 2.2, 2.5, 4.1

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:18 am

Id imagine they bring dalton back, but there has been some chatter about moving on.

As to the numbers, id imagine his better games came with green on the field....kinda makes sense. I believe he had a couple high target games early in the year. That may explain the 8+ avg and solid start to the season but i think he was getting looks all year reguardless of qb or greens health.

The thing i noted as i went through end of season stats was that i couldnt remember a relevant te or 3rd wr. Take that with a grain of salt, but missing ajg, a te, and 3rd wr may inflate a players numbers.

As to why value may be down....i think the diluted wr pool has as much to do with it as any thing. Everyone already has guys that can put up similar numbers in todays game.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:36 am

sloth8u wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:18 am Id imagine they bring dalton back, but there has been some chatter about moving on.

As to the numbers, id imagine his better games came with green on the field....kinda makes sense. I believe he had a couple high target games early in the year. That may explain the 8+ avg and solid start to the season but i think he was getting looks all year reguardless of qb or greens health.

The thing i noted as i went through end of season stats was that i couldnt remember a relevant te or 3rd wr. Take that with a grain of salt, but missing ajg, a te, and 3rd wr may inflate a players numbers.

As to why value may be down....i think the diluted wr pool has as much to do with it as any thing. Everyone already has guys that can put up similar numbers in todays game.
First half of the year the team was clicking Dalton was playing decent , AJG was a top 10 WR , Boyd top 13 WR , But 2nd half AJG went down so Boyd had to face top CBs , But tbh I don't think that hurt him as much as Dalton getting hurt and playing with a backup QB he wasn't familiar with..

I guess we gotta see if that was a fluke year or it really was his breakout year 3 , I think with a healthy Dalton , Mixon , AJG , Boyd , Ross , TE , Rams QB coach now their HC play actioning that offence can put up big time points , I think they can compete with Pitt. in that department they have the same level of weapons.

Myself I don't think Boyd was a fluke I think he can put up top 15 years every year and top 10 when AJG is gone , But that's jmo.
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson