Am I crazy for sending this for Watson?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

1 QB league

Watson and Pettis
61%
Cam, Trubisky, Ebron, Collins
39%

Total votes: 31

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Am I crazy for sending this for Watson?

Postby keebs3 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:46 pm

Team one. 10 team league so I'm focused on improving my starters.

Send: Cam, Trubisky, Ebron, Collins
Get: Watson, Pettis
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Am I crazy for sending this for Watson?

Postby _yeti » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:48 pm

Voted for holding Cam, Trubisky, Ebron, Collins
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:42 pm

assuming that's alex Collins I don't mind the deal at all. If you think Watson and Pettis can be studs go for it. Cam isn't getting any younger, Collins is worth nothing, Trubisky shows promise but I seriously doubt he will be anything more than a 10-15 scoring QB. The only real difficult player to lose is Ebron and he had to score 14 TD's last year just to finish TE4. Plus you have Henry. Im always in favor of trading depth for studs. Whether or not Watson and Pettis count as studs is a different matter but I like the deal.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:47 pm

_yeti wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:48 pm Voted for holding Cam, Trubisky, Ebron, Collins
Me too.

Don't think you are really increasing your starter points much if any. Cam and Watson are a push if Cam is healthy and he should be.

Not a horrible deal though in a 10 team league but if you have to start a TE you will need to address that position.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ausmith26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ausmith26 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:18 pm

I think you are getting the two best pieces in the deal. Pretty easy accept for me but i can see an argument for the other side as well if you arent a Pettis believer.
12 Team-1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1 PK 1 D/ST (30 man offseason rosters. Cut to 20 by week 1 / 0.5 PPR)

2023 2nd Place

QB: P. Mahomes, K. Cousins
RB: Bij. Robinson, K. Williams, D. Henry, N. Chubb, A. Gibson, C. Edwards-Helaire, L. Fournette
WR: J. Chase, C. Lamb, C. Ridley, M. Evans, D. Hopkins, B. Cooks, Z. Jones, T. Atwell, C. Austin III
TE: M. Andrews, C. Otton
PK: J. Tucker
D/ST: Streaming

Taxi:

2024 Picks: 1.01, 2.03, 3.07, 4.03
2025 Picks: 2nd, 4th
2026 Picks: 1st, 1st, 3rd, 4th

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:36 pm

I would hold. It's a start 2 WR 1 FLX. You are unlikely to ever need to play Pettis, and if you have to save an occasional by week, you have bigger worries, and you aren't improving your starting QB enough to justify the loss of another playable option at TE. Hunter doesn't have the track record I would feel comfortable banking on and be forced to play Hooper in a 10 teamer. I would try to move Trubisky or Garopollo and a back end piece or two to improve depth at WR or RB or to add to a starter to improve at the position. There is zero reason to roster 3 QB's in a 10 team start 1 QB league. You need STUD position players to dominate in this format and with your starting requirements. I'm a Niner fan. Pettis isn't that stud.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:02 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:36 pm There is zero reason to roster 3 QB's in a 10 team start 1 QB league. You need STUD position players to dominate in this format and with your starting requirements. I'm a Niner fan. Pettis isn't that stud.
This is why I had the plan in the first place. I'm going from Dynasty QB 8-10 to QB 2-4. Ebron is the only other real piece I'm giving up and I think Henry can fill that roll.
Do you just not think Watson is much improvement over Cam? Cam is 29 and has some serious injury concerns- he's not going to be the guy that plays into his late 30's. Pettis was just a lotto ticket- as that's what I like to have on my bench in a shallow league.

Would you do this deal if the QB were Rodgers? Luck?

RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd

RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:42 pm

No, I wouldn't. My position player reference was in regards to RB, WR, TE. There are only 10 QB's being played in any given week. There just isn't enough difference between QB 1 and 10 to justify positional depth let alone a possible top 4 starter at his position, which Ebron was last year and has a bright future catching passes from Luck for the foreseeable future.

There was less than roughly a point difference between Watson and Newton last season on a points per game played basis and Cam has been a perennial top 5 QB. The risk of injury exists, but his surgery went well, and I don't think there is cause to panic in that regard, and if something was to go sideways, you have perfectly capable backups. And again, we are talking roughly a couple points a game difference on a PPG basis between Watson and your BACKUP. Not giving up Ebron for that. Hell, we don't even know what Garopollo can be yet. I'm a firm hold.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:49 am

That's fair. I'll have to think on this one.