Le veon bell trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Le veon bell trade

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Guy in my league is looking to deal bell. Full point ppr idp. He has several offers so far. I dont really need bell but I thought the more rb1s the better. I offered

Bobby Wagner
Tyler boyd
Vance McDonald

Thoughts on that offer and thoughts on bells value overall?

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Re: Le veon bell trade

Postby snaps06 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:52 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:51 pm Guy in my league is looking to deal bell. Full point ppr idp. He has several offers so far. I dont really need bell but I thought the more rb1s the better. I offered

Bobby Wagner
Tyler boyd
Vance McDonald

Thoughts on that offer and thoughts on bells value overall?
I don't really play IDP, but that seems like a super low ball offer. I'd probably decline with no counter.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:00 pm

I agree its probably not an offer I would accept if I were on the other end. For reference Wagner is widely considered a top 4 or 5 dynasty LB but yeah I agree. He did say hes considering it

DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDabbler » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:10 pm

Low offer for Bell. I do think now's the Time to buy him though. His value will only rise once he signs with a team. My gut tells me he will get plenty of work next year.
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo

BeeziBad
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BeeziBad » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:15 am

this deal is totally dependant on your IDP scoring settings IMO.
The Mega Powers - 12Team - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2FLEX/1K - 1PPR
QB - R. Tannehill, T. Bridgewater
RB - J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, C. Akers, Z. Moss, R. Jones, R. Armstead, M. Davis, C. Edmonds
WR - J. Jeudy, H. Ruggs, T. Higgins, L. Shenault, C. Claypool, J. Reagor, C. Davis, J. Washington, B. Aiyuk, Q. Cephus, KJ Hamler, A. Lazard
TE - C. Herndon, D. Sample
Picks - 2021 - 1, 1, 1

Jabroni Beaters - 10Team - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2FLEX/1K - NONPPR
QB - P. Mahomes B. Mayfield
RB - S. Barkley, E. Elliott, JK Dobbins, A. Peterson, M. Breida, D. Freeman
WR - T. Hill. AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Jefferson, J. Edelman, B. Aiyuk, L. Shenault, JJAW, B. Edwards
TE - Z. Ertz, H. Hurst, J. Smith

SuperSonics - 10Team - 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX/1K - .5 PPR
QB - S. Darnold, R. Tannehill, C. Newton
RB - E. Elliott, N. Chubb, D. Cook, R. Jones, A. Peterson
WR - T. Hill, O. Beckham, D. Metcalf, C. Davis, H. Renfrow, R. Cobb
TE - Z. Ertz, E. Engram, H. Henry, J. Smith, K. Rudolph
Picks - 2020 - 2.7
2021 - 2, 3

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:36 am

thats a bad offer and he will likely think that you think he is dumb.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:10 am

I'm not sure how your scoring works and I'm not super well versed in IDP but Wagner has been a top 3 LB for multiple years in a row with last year finishing as LB1, Boyd is a solid WR2 with developmental upside. i don't know if that's an insulting low ball offer at this time. Every week I hear a new blurb that "so and so team isn't going to break the bank for bell" even the Jets for crying out loud aren't interested in paying a RB what Bell wants. We all know he was great in Pitt but there is a TON of risk for a team new and scheme to pay a dude that much money and he may not work out. Not to mention the steelers are now planning to tag bell and match any team offer and then attempt to sell him for an extra pick or something so whatever team does sign bell is going to have to pay premium dollar AND picks. Only the extremely incompetent teams would even waste 5 seconds considering a deal like this.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:46 am

Good linebackers score a lot in this league. The #1 LB last year averaged 19 pts a game. Wagner has been a top 5 scoring LB for quite a few years in a row. Hes valuable. LBS are easier to find in FA than top RBS but still Wagner carries considerable value. Also I agree with titan that boyd is an ascending young WR2 who is just 24.

For reference Wagner scored 221 points last year and boyd scored 227. Boyd finished as WR16 (14 games played) so wagner's production was equivalent to WR2 numbers

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:27 pm

Titans95 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:10 am I'm not sure how your scoring works and I'm not super well versed in IDP but Wagner has been a top 3 LB for multiple years in a row with last year finishing as LB1, Boyd is a solid WR2 with developmental upside. i don't know if that's an insulting low ball offer at this time. Every week I hear a new blurb that "so and so team isn't going to break the bank for bell" even the Jets for crying out loud aren't interested in paying a RB what Bell wants. We all know he was great in Pitt but there is a TON of risk for a team new and scheme to pay a dude that much money and he may not work out. Not to mention the steelers are now planning to tag bell and match any team offer and then attempt to sell him for an extra pick or something so whatever team does sign bell is going to have to pay premium dollar AND picks. Only the extremely incompetent teams would even waste 5 seconds considering a deal like this.
I don’t know of any league where Darius Leonard wasn’t the LB1 this year. Like you said LB are easier to get then a RB. Definitely a low ball offer.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:47 pm

ESKAY wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:27 pm
Titans95 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:10 am I'm not sure how your scoring works and I'm not super well versed in IDP but Wagner has been a top 3 LB for multiple years in a row with last year finishing as LB1, Boyd is a solid WR2 with developmental upside. i don't know if that's an insulting low ball offer at this time. Every week I hear a new blurb that "so and so team isn't going to break the bank for bell" even the Jets for crying out loud aren't interested in paying a RB what Bell wants. We all know he was great in Pitt but there is a TON of risk for a team new and scheme to pay a dude that much money and he may not work out. Not to mention the steelers are now planning to tag bell and match any team offer and then attempt to sell him for an extra pick or something so whatever team does sign bell is going to have to pay premium dollar AND picks. Only the extremely incompetent teams would even waste 5 seconds considering a deal like this.
I don’t know of any league where Darius Leonard wasn’t the LB1 this year. Like you said LB are easier to get then a RB. Definitely a low ball offer.

The league that was off the top of my head... :lol: my bad, I should've known that because I spent all year looking at the Leonard longingly knowing the owner would never in a million years give him up for fair value. Either way he was 4th and only 9 points behind 2nd. Like I said I'm only in one IDP leagues so I'm not super knowledgeable with value but Wagner definitely a top tier LB and Boyd is an ascending Wr2. I'm not saying I'd take this if I owned bell but it's not an insulting offer. No one in their right minds is going to pay up for a 27 year old Rb that isn't on a team. There is a discount to be had for owners that don't want to deal with the uncertainty.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:38 pm

Despite scoring, this is not a good offer in my opinion. You know your league, if LB's are gold, might as well offer it.