Kupp Value in Picks?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Kupp Value in Picks?

Postby flyersfan1981 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:57 pm

If you were buying Kupp with a 2019 1st, what's the highest pick you would offer? Kupp owner approached me looking for 1.02 and 1.10. The 1.02 I got in trade, and my team is decent, but lacks depth...although I do have 4 2nds as well.

Key players:

Ryan, Rivers
Chubb, Cohen
Nuk, Alshon, Mike Williams
Too embarrassed to list my TE core
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kupp Value in Picks?

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:20 pm

I don't think Kupp is worth that. I'd have a hard time paying the 1.02 alone for him, TBH.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:24 pm

i wouldnt part with 1.02 for kupp

id certainly add to 1.10 for him though
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:29 pm

I like Kupp and of course the Rams offense but coming off an ACL tear scares me. plus he is no better than the 3rd or 4th option on that team. before he went down with an injury he was on pace for just 80 catches. Id have to read up more on whats expected from his recovery but if that all checked out I might be willing to pay a late 1st for him. I was actually looking to acquire him last weak from an owner who is weak at TE and I offered Greg Olsen and a 2nd rd pick and he countered with Kittle straight up. My head exploded and I haven't talked to him since lol

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:42 pm

I think Kupp is well worth the 1.02 as a rock-solid PPR WR2. He is the go-to guy for Goff when healthy. I would counter with 1.02 for Kupp straight up, or 1.02 + 1.10 for Kupp + his 2nd.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:57 pm

I think there are a few WRs in this draft that can turn into real studs. I wouldn't pay the 1.02, but I'd probably do it for the 1.04/5...also, I like Kupp, but I'm probably not as high on him as most.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:59 pm

Goddard wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:57 pm I think there are a few WRs in this draft that can turn into real studs. I wouldn't pay the 1.02, but I'd probably do it for the 1.04/5...also, I like Kupp, but I'm probably not as high on him as most.
I'm with Goddard here.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:12 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:29 pm I like Kupp and of course the Rams offense but coming off an ACL tear scares me. plus he is no better than the 3rd or 4th option on that team. before he went down with an injury he was on pace for just 80 catches. Id have to read up more on whats expected from his recovery but if that all checked out I might be willing to pay a late 1st for him. I was actually looking to acquire him last weak from an owner who is weak at TE and I offered Greg Olsen and a 2nd rd pick and he countered with Kittle straight up. My head exploded and I haven't talked to him since lol
He was on pace for 1100/80/12 and that doesn't account for the fact that in two of those games he didn't even play a half. Averaged more ppg than AJG/KA/Cooks. Offering a 2nd and a injured TE in his last NFL season... that would make my head explore too.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:12 pm

For what's it's worth he was drafted in a dispersal draft today after the 1.01 but before the 1.02 in a PPR league. I don't think the 1.02 is far off but not both firsts.
Last edited by Big Al on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:13 pm

Two 1sts.

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player

Postby XclickX » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:12 pm

Kupp was wr4 before his first injury in week 6. Yes, the overall WR4 in ppr leagues through the first 33% of the season. Greg Olsen and a 2nd? lol. We all saw how the Rams offense performed after Kupp was lost for the season. I’d pay the 1.02 or 1.03 for him.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:22 pm

DinoDynasty wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:12 pm
grandmabetty wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:29 pm I like Kupp and of course the Rams offense but coming off an ACL tear scares me. plus he is no better than the 3rd or 4th option on that team. before he went down with an injury he was on pace for just 80 catches. Id have to read up more on whats expected from his recovery but if that all checked out I might be willing to pay a late 1st for him. I was actually looking to acquire him last weak from an owner who is weak at TE and I offered Greg Olsen and a 2nd rd pick and he countered with Kittle straight up. My head exploded and I haven't talked to him since lol
He was on pace for 1100/80/12 and that doesn't account for the fact that in two of those games he didn't even play a half. Averaged more ppg than AJG/KA/Cooks. Offering a 2nd and a injured TE in his last NFL season... that would make my head explore too.
Fair enough but regarding my trade offer im not in the business of getting ripped off, I would prefer to do the ripping off myself. Do you think Kittle for Kupp straight up is a good trade for the kittle owner? there are about 25+ Cooper Kupps in fantasy football each year there are exactly 3 TE's in the same category as Kittle and only 1 of them is both 25 years old and also set the TE yardage record in his 2nd season as a Pro with 3 different starting QB's. Lets also not forget that Kupp just tore his ACL. Maybe for others it doesn't bother them but that certainly brings his value down for me especially if im talking about trading for him.

Trading is about circumstance, this owner came to me desperate for TE help and he is really clamoring to win the league next year as he is making all sorts of moves. AKA, this GM came off as desperate to make a deal. That was my 1st offer. Doesn't mean I wouldn't have made another offer nor does it mean I think it was a very good offer but trade talks shut down after he asked for Kittle straight up.

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player

Postby XclickX » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:42 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:22 pm
Fair enough but regarding my trade offer im not in the business of getting ripped off, I would prefer to do the ripping off myself. Do you think Kittle for Kupp straight up is a good trade for the kittle owner? there are about 25+ Cooper Kupps in fantasy football each year there are exactly 3 TE's in the same category as Kittle and only 1 of them is both 25 years old and also set the TE yardage record in his 2nd season as a Pro with 3 different starting QB's. Lets also not forget that Kupp just tore his ACL. Maybe for others it doesn't bother them but that certainly brings his value down for me especially if im talking about trading for him.

Trading is about circumstance, this owner came to me desperate for TE help and he is really clamoring to win the league next year as he is making all sorts of moves. AKA, this GM came off as desperate to make a deal. That was my 1st offer. Doesn't mean I wouldn't have made another offer nor does it mean I think it was a very good offer but trade talks shut down after he asked for Kittle straight up.
Kittle for Kupp isn’t fair, you are right but it’s a lot closer than Olsen and a random second for Kupp. Kupp is a 4th rd start up pick. Kittle 3rd.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:08 pm

XclickX wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:42 pm
grandmabetty wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:22 pm

Kittle for Kupp isn’t fair, you are right but it’s a lot closer than Olsen and a random second for Kupp. Kupp is a 4th rd start up pick. Kittle 3rd.
I would agree with that

character0
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby character0 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:54 pm

I’m a Kupp believer. I think 1.02 is slightly too much to pay but if you could get a 2nd back on top of Kupp I might pull the trigger.