Kupp Value in Picks?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Kupp Value in Picks?

Postby repkllrs » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:13 pm

I’d give the 1.02 this year.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:25 pm

I’d pay the 1.02 for Kupp.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:46 pm

character0 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:54 pm I’m a Kupp believer. I think 1.02 is slightly too much to pay but if you could get a 2nd back on top of Kupp I might pull the trigger.
Agree with this completely
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:59 pm

WOW!

Great feedback guys...some pretty strong opinions both ways! I declined the offer because my team lacks so much depth, but we will revisit I think...great conversation around a polarizing player though.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:30 pm

Seems to be the value of Kupp is just about the 1.02..
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:10 am

DinoDynasty wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:12 pm
grandmabetty wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:29 pm I like Kupp and of course the Rams offense but coming off an ACL tear scares me. plus he is no better than the 3rd or 4th option on that team. before he went down with an injury he was on pace for just 80 catches. Id have to read up more on whats expected from his recovery but if that all checked out I might be willing to pay a late 1st for him. I was actually looking to acquire him last weak from an owner who is weak at TE and I offered Greg Olsen and a 2nd rd pick and he countered with Kittle straight up. My head exploded and I haven't talked to him since lol
He was on pace for 1100/80/12 and that doesn't account for the fact that in two of those games he didn't even play a half. Averaged more ppg than AJG/KA/Cooks. Offering a 2nd and a injured TE in his last NFL season... that would make my head explore too.
My exact thoughts

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:37 am

The 1.02 is fair value. Not sure I would pay it, but its close. I would dd to the 1.10 side very easily to try and get him.

PercyR1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby PercyR1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:34 pm

Kupp is already looking like the next Edelman, he was on pace for a top 5 performance before injury. if you can get him for the 1.2 please make that trade and laugh.

to put a .5 stat into perspective: if he played all season he would have outscored Michael Thomas. Tell the haters thanks for their yearly donation. the same guys thinking corey davis and amari cooper are still worth a lot.... haha

JDogil12
Starter
Starter

Postby JDogil12 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:47 pm

Kupp>1.01. There is direct correlation to Kupp's injury and Goff forgetting how to play

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:15 pm

are you guys saying Kupp is worth 1.1 just because this years draft is projected to be a down year? are you giving up 1.1 in 2020 for Kupp? I like Kupp but I personally don't view him as a year in year out unquestioned WR1.

The injury doesn't bother anybody? I realize that the advancements in medical surgery in the last 15 years have been substantial but an ACL tear is still a major injury to a guy who relies on quick cuts.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:02 pm

PercyR1 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:34 pm Kupp is already looking like the next Edelman, he was on pace for a top 5 performance before injury. if you can get him for the 1.2 please make that trade and laugh.

to put a .5 stat into perspective: if he played all season he would have outscored Michael Thomas. Tell the haters thanks for their yearly donation. the same guys thinking corey davis and amari cooper are still worth a lot.... haha
Sure, but projecting 6 games out to 16 is a dangerous game. If Gus Edwards had played all season he would have rushed for 2000 yards.
JDogil12 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:47 pm Kupp>1.01. There is direct correlation to Kupp's injury and Goff forgetting how to play
Are you sure about that? When Kupp missed weeks 7 and 8 Goff threw for 500 yards at 8.4ypa with 5 TDs and 0 INTs.

After Kupp picked up his season ending injury Goff's next two games were 740 yards at 8.3ypa with 6 TDs and 0 INTs.

It was in week 13 against Detroit, several weeks after Kupp's injury that things fell apart for Goff. There is definitely a good bit of risk involved if Goff or the Rams offense has simply been figured out and can no longer support 3 stud fantasy WRs.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert