Took over Orphan Team in 12 team Superflex

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Took over Orphan Team in 12 team Superflex

Postby Riders4Ever » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:04 pm

I am in probably the worst possible situation in a 12 team Superflex Dynasty league. I took over an orphan team and my two best QBs are Dalton and Tannehill. This is my first Superflex dynasty.
I need a starting QB badly. Any suggestions on who to target in a trade that won't decimate my team? I was considering Jimmy Garoppolo as the owner also has Mahomes, Watson and Darnold.
Any ideas on an opening offer? The other owner doesn't have much at TE, so I was going to offer Jordan Reed and a 2019 3rd as a start. Thoughts?

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: Took over Orphan Team in 12 team Superflex

Postby moishetreats » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:49 pm

What is your team?

And Jordan Reed + 3rd gets you someone like Bridgewater or T. Taylor.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:47 am

Lesson #1... in SF, QB are worth premium dollar

You are targeting the right owner with a multitude of QB. I'd also go for the younger guys with lower value right now. Jimmy G might be a cheap buy, but it will take more than peanuts. Rosen might be very cheap as well.

Look around and try to start talks with anyone to be honest. I took over a SF team where the starters were Brady and Fitzpatrick and turned that into Cam, Baker, and Jimmy G in a few months. It's possible, just takes a lot of work in those leagues

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:50 am

Riders4Ever wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:04 pmI was considering Jimmy Garoppolo as the owner also has Mahomes, Watson and Darnold.

Any ideas on an opening offer? The other owner doesn't have much at TE, so I was going to offer Jordan Reed and a 2019 3rd as a start. Thoughts?
Jordan Reed + 2019 3rd is a horrible offer for Garoppolo, even in 1QB. I'm not sure Reed has any value at this point. To give you some perspective on QB value in superflex formats: before Garoppolo tore his ACL last year, I sold him for Tyreek Hill + Ben Roethlisberger. His value is slightly lower now after sitting out 2018, but I would still need the rookie 1.01+ or two early 1sts at least to sell him in superflex.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

aaaaaaaack
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby aaaaaaaack » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:14 am

Try posting your team and what picks you have and it will be easier to give constructive thoughts! That opening offer would be laughed at and you run the risk of having the owner dismiss further communication since it is so very far off.

That being said, with all the QBs on that team you mentioned I would approach that owner and be upfront about you being in a horrible spot. Assuming you can communicate directly with the owner, ask them what it would take for them to move Watson, what it would take to move Jimmy G, and what it would take to move Darnold. If the owner actually does this, he will naturally tier his sell points and then you can decide where a good value is and maybe negotiate a little from there. Don't be afraid to overpay (within reason), this is a need for you, not a want.
12 Team - .5 PPR, .5PPFD, SF
QBx1 RBx2 WRx3 SFx1 FLEXx1

QB: Mahomes, Herbert, Mayfield, Foles, Trubisky, Eason
RB: CMC, Jacobs, CEH, David Johnson, Mike Davis, Bell, Royce Freeman
WR: Adams, Godwin, Robinson, Allen, McLaurin, Cooks, Marquise Brown, Crowder
TE: Kittle, Logan Thomas, Hurst, Kmet

2.03, 3.07, 4.10, 5.10

2018 CHAMP, 2019 5th, 2020 3rd

Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Riders4Ever » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:56 pm

Sorry guys, I realize I was light on the details regarding my team and it made it difficult to give feedback.
We have 53 man rosters with IDP and a 6 round rookie draft. I have the 10th pick in each round of the draft. I think the owner lucked into the playoffs, got bounced in his first playoff game and realized success was not sustainable with the roster and bailed.There are definitely some nice players on the roster, but a gaping hole at QB.
We start 16 players. 8 are IDP, 8 offensive players comprised of 1-2 QBs,1-4 RBs, 2-5 WRs and 1-4 TEs.
Notable roster players are:
QB- Dalton, Tannehill
RB- Elliot, DJohnson, Mack, LMurray, Burkhead, CJ Anderson, Josh Adams
WR- Woods, MJones, Moncrief, MGoodwin, DHamilton, Crowder, DCain, JWright
TE- Henry,Reed, VDavis, Engram, Doyle, JSmith, Hurst
Passing TDs are 4 pts, all other TDs are 6 pts. INTs -2pts
Receptions are 1.25 pts for TEs, 0.25 pts for RBs and 0.75 pts for WRs.
RBs get 0.25 pts per rush attempt.

Hopefully this is enough info about the league and my team. If not, let me know what else you need.

Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Riders4Ever » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:01 pm

aaaaaaaack wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:14 am Try posting your team and what picks you have and it will be easier to give constructive thoughts! That opening offer would be laughed at and you run the risk of having the owner dismiss further communication since it is so very far off.

That being said, with all the QBs on that team you mentioned I would approach that owner and be upfront about you being in a horrible spot. Assuming you can communicate directly with the owner, ask them what it would take for them to move Watson, what it would take to move Jimmy G, and what it would take to move Darnold. If the owner actually does this, he will naturally tier his sell points and then you can decide where a good value is and maybe negotiate a little from there. Don't be afraid to overpay (within reason), this is a need for you, not a want.
I asked him what it would take to move Jimmy G and his response was "he's a young starting QB in a Superflex league, so it won't be cheap". No specifics though.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:04 pm

Do you think you could swing David Johnson + 2nd for Deshaun Watson? That would be a move I'd target, as well as RB for QB in general since you likely won't be ready to compete until 2020 at the earliest. Since it's PPC, a guy like Elliott should be valued similarly to the top tier of QBs like Mahomes, Luck, and Wilson.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Riders4Ever » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:52 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:04 pm Do you think you could swing David Johnson + 2nd for Deshaun Watson? That would be a move I'd target, as well as RB for QB in general since you likely won't be ready to compete until 2020 at the earliest. Since it's PPC, a guy like Elliott should be valued similarly to the top tier of QBs like Mahomes, Luck, and Wilson.
I don't think Johnson plus a 2nd will get me Watson. Not after his comment about the price to get Jimmy G.
The other owner has been building his roster and is a team on the rise.
QB - Mahomes, Watson, Jimmy G, Darnold
RB- Barkley, Conner, KJohnson, Ekeler, CThompson
WR- Cooper, CDavis, Fuller, Godwin, DJax, ARob, Pettis, Kirk
TE- Eifert, Akins, MRoberts, Swoope, Vannett
TE is his only area of need.

Top 10 scorers last year (in order):
Mahomes
Gurley
Barkley
CMac
Ryan
Elliott
Kamara
Big Ben
Watson
Luck

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:56 pm

I like Ditka's point about using DJ to get a QB due to when you'll be competitive. I doubt it will be Watson, but it could be Jimmy plus a little something (or not). Due to age and depressed value, you might be better off waiting to see how he's used in Kingsbury's offense and move him during the season for a QB. You are looking at a rebuild, so I would consider trading anyone for young WRs and 2020 picks. RBs should be last to add in a rebuild, so you may want to consider selling Zeke for a ransom.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

JDogil12
Starter
Starter

Postby JDogil12 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:04 pm

I think a guy like Rosen would be a good buy low for you, considering you probably wont be competing in 2019. One benefit I see is that you should have a good chance at a good 2020 pick, where Tua and Herbert will be waiting

Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Riders4Ever » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:37 am

Another owner updated his Trade Bait yesterday and included Newton and Prescott. He said he wanted to "blow up his team". I asked about the price for either QB and his response was he saw Newton as a top 3 QB in this format (if healthy) and he would need 3 1st round picks to trade him. I asked if he heard about Cam's surgery? His response was "that changes nothing about what I said". I asked about the price for Dak and did not get a response.

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:55 am

I'd sell DJ for a QB as well. I'd let owners know you would be willing to move DJ and see what kind of offers you get. Reach back out to the Newton/Prescott owner and see if he would be interested in DJ.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:04 pm

Find the team with the weakest RB's and see what would work for DJ. You should be able to get someone like Cam/Wentz/Goff/Baker for DJ but not sure others will agree. I'd shoot out an offer of DJ and a 2nd for probably the top 7-8 QB's in the league and see if one hits.

To be honest I'd think about shopping Zeke too if it gets you one of the top QB's in the league. They are much better to build around than RB's in a SF league. You might even be able to get a RB prospect back. You could go after Mahomes with Zeke- or perhaps Luck.
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

blacklab1010
Captain
Captain

Postby blacklab1010 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:10 pm

all the ideas above are good, i would like to add that i would consider adding some future qb prospects. guys like jacoby brissett come to mind. he might be on the waiver for free and after this year he will be a free agent, doesn't help you now but looks like it will be a bit anyways. he is worth a shot for the future. just an idea that doesnt cost you anything
Superflex 10 Team PPR 30 man roster-- Must start 14 Players: 1QB+1Superflex/3RBs/4WRs/2TE/Flex/D/K

QBs - Josh Allen, Kirk Cousins, Easton Stick, Tommy Devito, Case Keenum
RBs - Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry/Tayjae Spears, Austin Ekeler/ Isaiah Spiller, Josh Kelly, Alvin Kamara/Kendre Miller, Rico Dowdle, Ty Johnson, Latavius Murray, Zack Moss, Tyler Goodson, Trey Sermon, Dernest Johnson
WRs -Rashee Rice.Gabriel Davis, Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin, Noah Brown, Adam Theilen, Russel Gage, Xavier Gipson,
TEs - Travis Kelce, Darren Waller, Dalton Schultz, Tanner Hudson, Allen Davis