Draft Done - What moves should I make?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Draft Done - What moves should I make?

Postby Adam_172 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:48 am

Just completed a new dynasty draft (SF and TE Premium). What moves do you guys think I should be making? I'm definitley a bit light at RB. Should that be where I focus on?

Gracias amingos/amigas.

:)
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Draft Done - What moves should I make?

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:06 am

With the league being TE premium, you need an upgrade there. Also WR help. QB's look good, RB is thin also. Tough draft

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:12 am

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:06 am With the league being TE premium, you need an upgrade there. Also WR help. QB's look good, RB is thin also. Tough draft
Yeah good point, it's 1.5 TE. I got greedy and took an extra first so I picked up Zeke and DHop but means I lose depth. I have a lot of good young WR's but mainly dart throws. Tough draft agreed.

Potentailly have Julio and Howard available for trade, possibly for depth although a starting RB would be ideal .
TEAM 1

RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

TEAM 2

RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:19 am

Sorry, but I am not a fan of this team. With all due respect, do not trade away any draft picks.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:21 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:19 am Sorry, but I am not a fan of this team. With all due respect, do not trade away any draft picks.
What trades do you suggest I make to improve? I'm not a fan of this years draft regardless but I like 2020.
TEAM 1

DEF - Bills, Vikings.

TEAM 2

HWfloss
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby HWfloss » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:27 am

Do you have a link for this draft? Would give some context for where you drafted players. Thanks!

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:31 am

Adam_172 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:12 am
Gator Sens wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:06 am With the league being TE premium, you need an upgrade there. Also WR help. QB's look good, RB is thin also. Tough draft
Yeah good point, it's 1.5 TE. I got greedy and took an extra first so I picked up Zeke and DHop but means I lose depth. I have a lot of good young WR's but mainly dart throws. Tough draft agreed.

Potentailly have Julio and Howard available for trade, possibly for depth although a starting RB would be ideal .
I think Julio is your best piece to trade to try and land some upside players/possibly 1-3 good young players to try and fill out your roster a bit. Howard is worth shopping, just not sure what you could get for him. If an owner in your league is still really high on Julio, I would start there.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:31 am

HWfloss wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:27 am Do you have a link for this draft? Would give some context for where you drafted players. Thanks!
This would be great to see for reference

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:34 am

Trading right after a start up is tough because everybody's players are still magical (until they find out otherwise). Your TE's are tough because they don't get many looks and Cook as your lead dog in a TE premium is not a comfortable position to be in.

I will be looking to move Julio for a pick and more startable TE. Use that pick to grab the Wr replacement in a heavy WR draft or get TJ Hockenson, not Fant, bad hands unfortunately, lots of drops 9 out of 50 last time I checked.

I would look to move Edwards while it is perceived that he still has a role in Balitimore. I think he is easier moved as part of a package then a stand alone player.

Rosen would be another that falls into that same category of moveable because you have 2 young starters.

(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:38 am

TEAM 1

DEF - Bills, Vikings.

TEAM 2

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:41 am

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:31 am
Adam_172 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:12 am

I think Julio is your best piece to trade to try and land some upside players/possibly 1-3 good young players to try and fill out your roster a bit. Howard is worth shopping, just not sure what you could get for him. If an owner in your league is still really high on Julio, I would start there.
I agree, thanks. Julio is still 'only' 29 so maybe has 3 years left of elite production (?).

I will definitley shop Howard. I hope links with Hunt don't continue because that will diminsh his value even further.
TEAM 1

DEF - Bills, Vikings.

TEAM 2

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:45 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:34 am Trading right after a start up is tough because everybody's players are still magical (until they find out otherwise). Your TE's are tough because they don't get many looks and Cook as your lead dog in a TE premium is not a comfortable position to be in.

I will be looking to move Julio for a pick and more startable TE. Use that pick to grab the Wr replacement in a heavy WR draft or get TJ Hockenson, not Fant, bad hands unfortunately, lots of drops 9 out of 50 last time I checked.

I would look to move Edwards while it is perceived that he still has a role in Balitimore. I think he is easier moved as part of a package then a stand alone player.

Rosen would be another that falls into that same category of moveable because you have 2 young starters.
Appreciate your thoughts.

In hindsight maybe I should ahve gone for a TE earlier.

I'm hoping Hurst biounces back seeing as he was a 1st round pikc but with Jackson his ceiling will be limited anyway I guess.

Edwards aswell, there's a lot of RB's in BAL and you're right, he probably won't be the main guy next year.
TEAM 1

DEF - Bills, Vikings.

TEAM 2

LondonMonarchs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby LondonMonarchs » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:59 am

I am not a fan of your QB's, but being SF you only need to play one. I would have targeted those top TE's. Hard to trade straight after a draft...in season moves might be best.
12 TE Prem - Orphan Full rebuild :!:
QB - S.Darnold, D.Lock
RB - J. Taylor, CEH, K. Hunt, A.McFarland, R.Armstead, D.Evans, D. Dallas, L.Bowden
WR - C. Lamb, J.Jeudy, J. Jefferson, H. Ruggs, D.Mims, L.Shenault, P.Campbell, Z.Pascal, A. Lazard
TE - T.Hockenson, B.Jarwin, D.Knox, J.Smith
2x 2021 1st

12team, PPR, SF
QB-RBx2-WRx2-SF-FLX
QB - Baker, Prescott, Stidham
RB - D.Freeman,A.Jones, Jam.Williams, R.JIII, K.Balage, G.Edwards
WR -Evans, Smith-Schuster, Golladay, C. Godwin, T.Higgins, A. Lazard
TE - D. Waller, I.Thomas

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:15 pm

I looked through your draft and also through your trades. My suggestion is actually not to focus on anything with roster moves.

Rather, I'd suggest that you take a step back and look at this from a 20,000 foot perspective. What does a team need in order to win a 12-team SF TE-premium league? What is value of studs vs. depth? How does one create a roster where all its parts are working on the same timeline toward a championship?

In other words, what is your plan to win and how do you execute it? From the looks of the your draft and trades, it seems to me like those are the questions that you should focus on before considering any more moves.

I -- and, I am sure, we! -- would all be happy to talk that out with you if you would like!

Good luck!
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:25 pm

moishetreats wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:15 pm I looked through your draft and also through your trades. My suggestion is actually not to focus on anything with roster moves.

Rather, I'd suggest that you take a step back and look at this from a 20,000 foot perspective. What does a team need in order to win a 12-team SF TE-premium league? What is value of studs vs. depth? How does one create a roster where all its parts are working on the same timeline toward a championship?

In other words, what is your plan to win and how do you execute it? From the looks of the your draft and trades, it seems to me like those are the questions that you should focus on before considering any more moves.

I -- and, I am sure, we! -- would all be happy to talk that out with you if you would like!

Good luck!
Somebody with a college degree I see. Good post.

(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st