Draft Done - What moves should I make?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Draft Done - What moves should I make?

Postby Vcize » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:46 pm

Man tough crowd in here. Your team is fine. In a SF + TE Premium every team is going to have holes.

Zeke/Hopkins/Julio is a killer core and you managed to do it while still landing three young starting QBs and decent TEs. Yeah the TEs aren't a position of strength but outside of ~4 teams that will be true for everyone. Cook is a solid enough starter for now and Goedert is a great prospect as Cook ages out.

RB being very thin is the biggest position of weakness but like I said, every team will have holes in this league setup. I think you'll be ok rotating some of those guys at RB2 and finding guys on the wire to spot start.

I don't think I'd necessarily look to make any moves just to make moves.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:48 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:25 pm
moishetreats wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:15 pm I looked through your draft and also through your trades. My suggestion is actually not to focus on anything with roster moves.

Rather, I'd suggest that you take a step back and look at this from a 20,000 foot perspective. What does a team need in order to win a 12-team SF TE-premium league? What is value of studs vs. depth? How does one create a roster where all its parts are working on the same timeline toward a championship?

In other words, what is your plan to win and how do you execute it? From the looks of the your draft and trades, it seems to me like those are the questions that you should focus on before considering any more moves.

I -- and, I am sure, we! -- would all be happy to talk that out with you if you would like!

Good luck!
Somebody with a college degree I see. Good post.
Haha, I didn’t know whether this was sarcasm or not.

If not...I like it and more than happy to discuss.

I’ve never done a SF/2QB league before so I’m completely new to it.
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:51 am

Vcize wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:46 pm Man tough crowd in here. Your team is fine. In a SF + TE Premium every team is going to have holes.

Zeke/Hopkins/Julio is a killer core and you managed to do it while still landing three young starting QBs and decent TEs. Yeah the TEs aren't a position of strength but outside of ~4 teams that will be true for everyone. Cook is a solid enough starter for now and Goedert is a great prospect as Cook ages out.

RB being very thin is the biggest position of weakness but like I said, every team will have holes in this league setup. I think you'll be ok rotating some of those guys at RB2 and finding guys on the wire to spot start.

I don't think I'd necessarily look to make any moves just to make moves.
Lol you’re not wrong, everyone taking shots!

I appreciate the feedback. I’m quite happy with the core, just lacking depth so a couple of injuries and it’s KO for me but yeah, you’re right, I shouldn’t just make moves for the sake of it.

I could definitely do with another RB though!
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.