Roster Advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Roster Advice

Postby DynastyDabbler » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:29 am

Hello all,
I'm looking for a little feedback on my roster. Going into this years rookie draft I hold the 1.3, 2.9, 4.2, 5.3, 6.3. I feel the need to take a rb with the 1.03 but If CLE takes a WR early I like the idea of a Mayfield WR stack. Open to any and all comments.

10 team .5 ppr 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 2 Flex 1 TE 3 IDP 30 roster spots 2 IR

QB: Baker Mayfield, Jimmy Garoppolo, Mitchell Trubisky, Marcus Mariota

RB: Melvin Gordon, Dalvin Cook, Rashaad Penny, Justin Jackson, C.J. Anderson, Chris Thompson, Rod Smith, Chris Warren III

WR: Corey Davis, D.J. Moore, Kenny Golladay, Robert Woods, John Ross, Taylor Gabriel, Tyrell Williams, Jamison Crowder, Quincy Enunwa, Marquise Goodwin, Devante Parker, Chris Hogan, Justin Watson, Dylan Cantrell

TE: George Kittle, Jordan Reed

IDP: Blake Martinez, Avery Williamson, Zach Cunningham, Fred Warner, Jatavis Brown
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Roster Advice

Postby Goddard » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:49 am

Take best player available. You have lots of talent everywhere, your problem is that they're all mostly young. I actually think your RBs are more proven and you don't need as much help there as you do with getting a stud WR or two. I'm not saying the 1.03 will be that, but don't worry about need right now. Build around your youth and try to package a few for better/proven players.

DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDabbler » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:03 am

Goddard wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:49 am Take best player available. You have lots of talent everywhere, your problem is that they're all mostly young. I actually think your RBs are more proven and you don't need as much help there as you do with getting a stud WR or two. I'm not saying the 1.03 will be that, but don't worry about need right now. Build around your youth and try to package a few for better/proven players.
Solid. Thanks Goddard!
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:54 am

I mostly agree with Goddard. He likes your rb's better than I do, but I totally agree that a stud Wr is more pressing and that either way, you should draft the b.p.a.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Postby Easy Breesy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:06 am

I pretty much agree with the previous posts and I think you need to try to get a stud WR, maybe try trading some of your wr depth plus a pick for a stud wr? or buy low on somebody like AJ Green, I do like the team TBH but not sure if you would be contending until you improve with a stud at WR
16 team Tiered PPR league, TE Premium, 52 man roster, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1W/R, 1TE/W, Full IDP
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert
RB- Antonio Gibson Ty Johnson, David Johnson Lat Murray
WR- Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, DJ Moore, Cordarelle Patterson,
TE- Hockeson, , Jonnu Smith, Firkser, Logan Thomas

DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDabbler » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:33 pm

davingill91 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:06 am I pretty much agree with the previous posts and I think you need to try to get a stud WR, maybe try trading some of your wr depth plus a pick for a stud wr? or buy low on somebody like AJ Green, I do like the team TBH but not sure if you would be contending until you improve with a stud at WR
AJG had a good first half of the season and a horrible second half. He's coming off a toe injury that required surgery, QB situation in Cincy is questionable and he turns 31 before the 2019 season kicks off. I'm struggling to find his value. What would you package together for him?

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Postby Easy Breesy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:09 am

DynastyDabbler wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:33 pm
davingill91 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:06 am I pretty much agree with the previous posts and I think you need to try to get a stud WR, maybe try trading some of your wr depth plus a pick for a stud wr? or buy low on somebody like AJ Green, I do like the team TBH but not sure if you would be contending until you improve with a stud at WR
AJG had a good first half of the season and a horrible second half. He's coming off a toe injury that required surgery, QB situation in Cincy is questionable and he turns 31 before the 2019 season kicks off. I'm struggling to find his value. What would you package together for him?
I’m not 100% sure but personally I would try and offer up the 1.03 and see if he accepts
16 team Tiered PPR league, TE Premium, 52 man roster, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1W/R, 1TE/W, Full IDP
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert
RB- Antonio Gibson Ty Johnson, David Johnson Lat Murray
WR- Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, DJ Moore, Cordarelle Patterson,
TE- Hockeson, , Jonnu Smith, Firkser, Logan Thomas