What’s my next move?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
afrye1
Role Player
Role Player

What’s my next move?

Postby afrye1 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:31 pm

In our inaugural season (team one in my sig) I took second. I think I have a strong squad but am missing a piece or two including a rb2 and another flex. With no firsts this year, what are some moves that I should be looking at? Thank you in advance for all of the help!
Team 1
Start 1 QB 2RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 flex 1 SF
QB: L.JACKSON WILSON Mayfield Mac Jones Trevor siemien Mike White
RB: BARKLEY A.JONES Aj Dillion James Robinson Mike Davis gaskin Lindsey rojo drake ozigbo n.hines Doaks Herbert eno Benjamin
WR: T.HILL Diggs NUK McLaurin Gallup P.Williams Allen lazard MVS Bowden Van Jefferson D.Harris Q.cephus, Darby
TE: KITTLE Evan Engram RSJ hunter long

6 pts for TD full PPR .25 PPC 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving yards 1 pt per 20 passing yards

Team 2
10 team PPR league
4 pt passing td. 6 pt for all other TD.
QB: DAK, Matt Ryan, Taysom Hill
RB: Chubb, Miles Sanders, James Robinson Akers, T.coleman, Royce Freeman,Chase Edmonds, Ryquell Armstead, Joshua Kelly, L.perine,
WR: MT, Tyreek Hill, Godwin, JUJU, Mclaurin, M.Brown, Sterling Shepard, Preston Williams, PLazard, John Ross, Trequan Smith,Harmon, Ruggs, T.Higgins
TE: Kittle, Hunter Henry,OJ Howard,
K: Butker
DEF: Colts Packers Browns
start: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1TE 2 flex
2021: 2x 1sts
2022: 3rd, 4th

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What’s my next move?

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:45 pm

I don't see much that you can do. As is the case in most leagues early on. You gave a lot of young pieces. Still in wait and see mode

PhillySpecial
Captain
Captain

Postby PhillySpecial » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:46 pm

This is probably in the minority, but I would shop Kittle. He played great in an offence that had zero weapons. Once SF adds some depth, Kittle may lose some targets. I would shop him and Lindsay (I am not high on him) for a stud RB or major draft capital.
10 Team. PPR. 25 player roster. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF, 1D
QB - Justin Herbert. Anthony Richardson. Geno Smith. Sam Howell.
RB - Saquon Barkley. JK Dobbins. Tony Pollard. Leonard Fournette. Kareem Hunt. Devin Singletary. Zamir White. Tyjae Sharp. Jaylen Warren. Jerome Ford. Zach Evans. Chris Rodriquez.
WR - AJ Brown. DK Metcalf. Chris Godwin. Deebo Samuel. Amon Ra St Brown. Courtland Sutton.
TE - Darren Waller. Pat Freiermuth. Evan Engram.

2024 - 1st. 4th.
2025 - 1st. 4th.

Nightmares
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Nightmares » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:57 pm

If I am reading your league starting requirements correctly it is a superflex, no? If so, you are stacked at qb. I would post on message board that all are available and take best offer.

Nightmares
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Nightmares » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:06 pm

Nightmares wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:57 pm If I am reading your league starting requirements correctly it is a superflex, no? If so, you are stacked at qb. I would post on message board that all are available and take best offer.
Let me rephrase that, best offer for one of your qbs that nets you a very good rb and a very good wr.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:44 pm

I think you truly just lack a wr1. Try to move a QB for a wr1. I'd move russ

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:52 am

I would not sell Kittle. He's got the potential to be a top 3 TE over the next few years, and those are a true positional advantage.

Seems like you are completely stacked at QB. It looks like your team will be relevant for a long time, window-wise, and you have some nice picks coming in the 2020 draft. If I were you, I would probably be tempted to roll with your youth for next season, and potentially see if you can get a ransom from anyone believing in A-Rod with LaFleur. Try and find an overpay - perhaps someone along the lines of Juju or Tyreek, and see if they will throw in a 2020 1st as well (add whatever smaller pieces you need to for that to work, then you can replenish your team with 3 of those 2020 picks in a stacked draft)

I know selling A-Rod in a SF is madness, but you're truly setup to be able to take that hit with Baker and Russ as your starters. Plus, they fit the timeline of your contention here going forward moreso than A-Rod, who *should* be bouncing back this season, but *could* just as easily be entering his decline.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:38 am

mild wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:52 am I would not sell Kittle. He's got the potential to be a top 3 TE over the next few years, and those are a true positional advantage.

Seems like you are completely stacked at QB. It looks like your team will be relevant for a long time, window-wise, and you have some nice picks coming in the 2020 draft. If I were you, I would probably be tempted to roll with your youth for next season, and potentially see if you can get a ransom from anyone believing in A-Rod with LaFleur. Try and find an overpay - perhaps someone along the lines of Juju or Tyreek, and see if they will throw in a 2020 1st as well (add whatever smaller pieces you need to for that to work, then you can replenish your team with 3 of those 2020 picks in a stacked draft)

I know selling A-Rod in a SF is madness, but you're truly setup to be able to take that hit with Baker and Russ as your starters. Plus, they fit the timeline of your contention here going forward moreso than A-Rod, who *should* be bouncing back this season, but *could* just as easily be entering his decline.
I agree with all of this. I am also a big, big, big fan of trading Lindsay now, RIGHT NOW. Trading Kittle based on Sf having more options in 2019 does not wash with me. He will still see 10 or so a game on a pretty consistent basis no matter who they bring in. Plus its Shanahan would loves to throw to TE more than any other coach in the history of the game. Do not sell Kittle
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:28 pm

The.Big.Spank wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:38 am I agree with all of this. I am also a big, big, big fan of trading Lindsay now, RIGHT NOW.
Aw shucks! I love you too Big Spank.

But to the OP - agreed here too... Lindsay should form part of your trade package for some high-tier WR talent to help you take the next step and contend for years. You've got everything else sorted, as best we can tell with what we know right now.

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Target someone like JuJu, maybe Mike Evans along with someone like a Golladay. Should be able to trade a QB + Lindsay for some solid WR and RB talent.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Dynastydumpsterfire
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dynastydumpsterfire » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:09 pm

Find the team in your league that is weakest at TE and Qb. Package kittle and their favorite qb for a young rb you love. Especially if it's not SF and you can't flex a TE. Also keep in mind that your months away from kick off don't worry to much about building a lineup. Acquire assets.
Team 1 -10 Team 1pt ppr. START 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 RB/WR/TE 1LB 1 S/CB 1DL 1DFLEX
QB.-Brady, Stafford, Garoppolo, Ridder
RB.-Chubb, Kamara, Fournette, K Hunt, Z White,
WR.- Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, Diontae Johnson, B Cooks, MVS, Thielen, Marvin Jones, Zay Jones, Skowronek, Velus Jones
TE.- Hurst, Conklin, Schultz, Taysom Hill
K.-Carlson
LB.- Brooks, Loyd
S/CB.- Love, Neal
DL.-Hunter,Hubbard
Picks

23 2 3rds
24 1 3rd

Team 2 - 10 Team 1pt ppr. START 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 RB/WR/TE 1LB 1 S/CB 1DL 1DFLEX
QB- Goff, Stafford
Rb - Taylor ,Harris, Montgomery, Eno Benjamin, J Warren, Burkhead, Jeff Wilson, Brian Robinson, Spiller, C Evans
Wr- AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, Mike Williams, Jameson Williams, Lazzard, D Carter, M Jones, J Reynolds, B Cooks, DJ Chark, Calvin Austin, D Bell
TE - Kittle, Higbee, Schultz
K- McPherson
LB - Brooks, Okereke, TJ Watt
DL- M Garrett, Cam Jordan
S- C Gardner Johnson, Fitzpatrick.
Picks 1 23 3rd, 1 24 3rd.

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:18 pm

you have luxury at QB: i agree, sell one (Wilson would probably be my choice too, Rodgers value is too low to trade right now)
heck, throw Barkley on the trading block and see what you can get...based on some polls on twitter, i would not be opposed to getting an overpay for him, but i would much rather trade Wilson to fill the holes
i feel like 80% of the community says sell Lindsay...it seems that you will not get any value for him...if that is the case, i would rather hold...i think he has at least earned a Tarik Cohen type role....that is a viable flex..
i would probably keep kittle and try to move Engram...
but you do have Barkley, AJones, Lindsay ....Hines seemed to have a role and can be a flex
it would be nice to get another RB and WR...i think trading Wilson will give you the best chance at that
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

afrye1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby afrye1 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:40 pm

Ok, I’ve went through the teams in my league and here are a few trade ideas I’ve come up with so far. 1. This is by far the craziest haha
Give: Barkley, Russell, Phillip Lindsay, 2019 2nd
Get: Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Guice, 2020 1st

2. Give: Rodgers, Lindsay, Engram
Get: Keenan Allen, Leveon Bell, 2020 second
I feel this might be moving in the wrong direction on age.

3. Give: Rodgers, Lindsay, 2.03
Get: Chubb, Theilen

4. Give: Wilson, Lindsay, Engram
Get: Tyreek Hill, Fournette

5. Give: Rodgers, engram, Lindsay, 2,03, 2.09
Get: Zeke
This guy is a huge cowboys and zeke fan. I doubt I could get anything done without wildly overpaying. He also doesn’t value QBS very high even in this SF.

6.Give: Wilson, Lindsay, Engram, 2.03, 2.09, 2020 second
Get: Hopkins, Sony Michel

7. Give: Rodgers, Lindsay, 2.09
Get: JUJU, Kareem Hunt, 2020 first

8.Give: Wilson, Lindsay, Kittle, 2.09, 2.03, 2020 first
Get: CMC, Davante Adams

9.Give: Wilson, Barkley, Kittle
Get: CMC, Davante, Christian kirk, 1.10, 2020 1st
Ok maybe this is the craziest.

I know most of these won’t have a chance of getting done or shouldn’t even be offered. I’m also told in this SF league that I value QBS way too high. Am I at least on the right path here? What number is the closet to getting done and which one should I work towards? You all have been a ton of help already!!
Team 1
Start 1 QB 2RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 flex 1 SF
QB: L.JACKSON WILSON Mayfield Mac Jones Trevor siemien Mike White
RB: BARKLEY A.JONES Aj Dillion James Robinson Mike Davis gaskin Lindsey rojo drake ozigbo n.hines Doaks Herbert eno Benjamin
WR: T.HILL Diggs NUK McLaurin Gallup P.Williams Allen lazard MVS Bowden Van Jefferson D.Harris Q.cephus, Darby
TE: KITTLE Evan Engram RSJ hunter long

6 pts for TD full PPR .25 PPC 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving yards 1 pt per 20 passing yards

Team 2
10 team PPR league
4 pt passing td. 6 pt for all other TD.
QB: DAK, Matt Ryan, Taysom Hill
RB: Chubb, Miles Sanders, James Robinson Akers, T.coleman, Royce Freeman,Chase Edmonds, Ryquell Armstead, Joshua Kelly, L.perine,
WR: MT, Tyreek Hill, Godwin, JUJU, Mclaurin, M.Brown, Sterling Shepard, Preston Williams, PLazard, John Ross, Trequan Smith,Harmon, Ruggs, T.Higgins
TE: Kittle, Hunter Henry,OJ Howard,
K: Butker
DEF: Colts Packers Browns
start: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1TE 2 flex
2021: 2x 1sts
2022: 3rd, 4th

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:02 am

Some very interesting trades in there! Holy ballsacks though, I would be tempted to snap accept trade 7 if I was you. Juju is already a top 10 WR and he's only 22 - AND you get a 2020 1st AND you're only giving up Rodgers and Lindsay. There's a chance that Kareem Hunt doesn't play again, but given the news updates we've had lately on him, it sure sounds like he'll get another shot. That guy led the league in rushing only 2 years ago and he's still only 23 himself.

The other one I really like is trade 4. Tyreek might not be a typical WR1, but in his boom weeks he will outright win you a matchup. He never hurts you as a start in a PPR format. Fournette had a bad year and will be motivated to come back strong - worst case, you could sell him. He's more legitimate than Lindsay, to me - and my guess is that with a league average QB under centre (Foles?) that JAX team will be much improved. Bortles tanked them this year in every way - they mailed the back 9 in. You would be giving up Wilson - but again, I think you can afford that with Baker / Lamar / Darnold and A-rod in the wings, even in SF.

I would be interested in seeing if trade 3 could do you anyone younger / more exciting than Theilan. Chubb is a stud. Theilan might do that again - but also, it was the first time he did that for a full season and the homey is 28. There's every chance Diggs takes more of a role going forward, plus you already own Diggs so there's no point in having both. It's rare that starting 2 WR's on the same team works out, as more than likely one's weekly success will come at the expense of the other.

Trade 1 is definitely huge. If you can stomach rolling with Guice over Saquon - including what that *could* mean if it turns out that Guice is injury prone, or not as good as we think, or WAS are trapped in mediocrity this year... but I think that could turn you into a super-team this year. Those two WR1's would give you a massive shot in the arm in terms of legitimacy, especially in PPR - and the extra 1st is gravy on top. That one is up to you - I'm never going to tell someone to trade Saquon... but that is a pretty excellent haul if you did.

One note - everyone is trying to acquire Engram from you because they recognise his talent, and are excited by the idea of a new QB throwing to him. Bear that in mind, that his value could still be set to rise, so you might have to eat that going forward - but if you factor that in to your talks at the moment, you can maybe get the deals sweetened. I still think there's every chance he's blocked by Shephard and Saquon vacuuming up all the short range stuff still - I approve the move.

PS: not that you should rely on these, but if you're ever interested in getting a rough gauge on dyn values, use this... helps to get a north to get your head around values.
https://dynasty101.com/trade-calculator/

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:05 am

Damn, I just wrote all that thinking you'd been offered those. The advice still stands - but I don't think those trades I mentioned in particular will get done without you adding more.

The Zeke trade is actually a cheap price for Zeke imo. That's not an overpay - that's what he should cost. Zeke, Juju, Tyreek - all of those players asking prices should start at "2 1sts plus a nice player" as an owner aware of value.

You're on the right path. Kick the tires with some owners, see where their heads are at, use the trade calculator. You'll be fine. 8-)