Grabbed Chubb!!!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Re: Grabbed Chubb!!!

Postby The.Big.Spank » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:13 am

#winning
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:27 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:02 am
AresGodOWar wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:51 am
mild wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:34 am

Fixed that for you. You can thank me later... or we can bookmark your post for public shaming later this year.

Go have a look at who lead the league in elusiveness rating via PFF this season. Chubb is special.
COME ON MAN!!! .. lol a young 2 down RB for life that ate up horrible Ds I'll give you that... He was 77-210 against top 15 Ds that is pretty awesome lol.
i had to look into this because it seems far fetched. can you link where you got that from? i tried to do it on my own and came up with 77-294 which was a 3.8 average. that included 4 games where he was not even given double digit carries.

he also had 1 game where he ate up a bad D (8.8 per carry vs atlanta) but otherwise was incredibly consistent. he posted 2 games all year below 3.0 ypc and both were vs the top rush D in the league in baltimore and in 2 games he was given a grand total of 12 carries.

in games he was given a starter workload (10 plus carries) he was 158-768-7 TD for an average of 4.86 per carry and .875 TDs per game. You can see clear as day he is a high end RB when given the proper workload.

so if you anticipate his usage being inconsistent going forward i could see the hesitancy. As far as the 3rd down stuff i think he will see the field more than you think. his snap counts were about 68% on average from week 7 on and duke was at like 35%, guys like melvin gordon were closer to 75% but then he deals with ekler stealing some work, its league wide, nobody but zeke is on the field more than 75% of the time honestly, he was at like 88%, DJ was at 79%, idk look around and find more than 4 guys that had the snap count you want chubb to have.
Yeah that's what I'm saying since he became the starter.
Cinn 29th 2 times , Atls 25th , KCs 27th , Dens 21st - All horrible Run Ds he went off on.
TB 24th , Pitt 6th , Hou 3rd , Car 12th , Balt 4th - Run Ds he had something like 67 carries for 265 yards.

I'm not saying he won't get a shitload of carries because he will , He will probably get 325-350 carries a year , But as long as Duke is there he won't get 3rd downs so in 1 PPR leagues that will hurt him.

Now again I'm not saying Lindsay is a better runner than him even though he had a better ypc at 5.4 , But I think Booker will be gone and Lindsay will get a lot more passing downs.

My projections if Booker is gone this year are.
Chubb - 325-350 carries , 25 catches
Lindsay - 200-225 carries , 75 catches
I think they will both be good RBs in the NFL but JMO I don't think Chubb is worth 2 1sts more than Lindsay is all I'm saying.
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:40 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:27 am

COME ON MAN!!! .. lol a young 2 down RB for life that ate up horrible Ds I'll give you that... He was 77-210 against top 15 Ds that is pretty awesome lol.
i had to look into this because it seems far fetched. can you link where you got that from? i tried to do it on my own and came up with 77-294 which was a 3.8 average. that included 4 games where he was not even given double digit carries.

he also had 1 game where he ate up a bad D (8.8 per carry vs atlanta) but otherwise was incredibly consistent. he posted 2 games all year below 3.0 ypc and both were vs the top rush D in the league in baltimore and in 2 games he was given a grand total of 12 carries.

in games he was given a starter workload (10 plus carries) he was 158-768-7 TD for an average of 4.86 per carry and .875 TDs per game. You can see clear as day he is a high end RB when given the proper workload.

so if you anticipate his usage being inconsistent going forward i could see the hesitancy. As far as the 3rd down stuff i think he will see the field more than you think. his snap counts were about 68% on average from week 7 on and duke was at like 35%, guys like melvin gordon were closer to 75% but then he deals with ekler stealing some work, its league wide, nobody but zeke is on the field more than 75% of the time honestly, he was at like 88%, DJ was at 79%, idk look around and find more than 4 guys that had the snap count you want chubb to have.
Cinn 29th 2 times , Atls 25th , KCs 27th , Dens 21st - All horrible Run Ds he went off on.
TB 24th , Pitt 6th , Hou 3rd , Car 12th , Balt 4th - Run Ds he had something like 67 carries for 265 yards.

I'm not saying he won't get a shitload of carries because he will , He will probably get 325-350 carries a year , But as long as Duke is there he won't get 3rd downs so in 1 PPR leagues that will hurt him.

Now again I'm not saying Lindsay is a better runner than him even though he had a better ypc at 5.4 , But I think Booker will be gone and Lindsay will get a lot more passing downs.

I think they will both be good RBs in the NFL but JMO I don't think Chubb is worth 2 1sts more than Lindsay is all I'm saying.
think you would have gotten a lot less backlash if you went with "the gap from lindsay to chubb is not two firsts" lol

we got around to your point eventually but you basically led with "eh chubb aint all that" and us chubb lovers dont wanna hear that crap haha
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:38 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:19 pm That's a lot to pay for a unproven 2 down back.
Unproven? What more do you need to see, based on his college career, and his overthrow of Hyde, to become their lead back and be highly productive?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:40 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:27 am

I can't see this. Personally Lindsay is a screaming sell to me, new coach coming in, I don't think Lindsay is a 300 touch back at 190 pounds. To each their own. He paid a late first (1.12) and early 2nd and Hooper (worth a third?) on top, not 2 firsts.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:45 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:38 am
AresGodOWar wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:19 pm That's a lot to pay for a unproven 2 down back.
Unproven? What more do you need to see, based on his college career, and his overthrow of Hyde, to become their lead back and be highly productive?
At least a full year or so in the NFL before I pay top 20 value for him.. I mean look at Jerry Hill , Tre Mason , a lot of guys had a awesome 10 games or year and look at them now , Even Howard had 2 really good years and he had a off year this year and everyone hates him now.
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:42 am

You're using a lot of the same arguments against Chubb that should also discount Lindsay.

For as much as Chubb was only a 2 down back, I didn't see Duke lighting it up with receptions either. Career low numbers all around for him with a lot of it coming in the game vs KC.

I don't think it's hard to see a scenario where Chubb gets 2 or 3 catches a game. Would 30-50 receptions on the year change your mind? It's not like he's got 0

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:41 am

Chubb is the total package. He is a capable receiver and should get more work in the passing game next season. He can run between the tackles and he has the speed to get to the edge and break off long runs. He’s on an offensive that gives him a ton of work and should be better next year. He’s also the goal line back. What’s not to like? This guy was once as highly regarded as Saquon.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

RAB
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RAB » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:21 pm

I hope some revives this post at this time next year when Chubb finishes as a top 5 back and Lindsay is no longer a starter
TEAM 1
10 team .5 PPR 1QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/DEF
2019 Champion
2020 Champion
QB-Lamar Jackson, Trey Lance
RB-CMC, Kamara, King Henry, Chubb,, Dillon, D.J., Tony Jones
WR-Metcalf, AJ Brown, Godwin, Arob, Mooney, Bryan Edwards
TE- Fant, Goedert, L. Thomas

Brownies4life
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Brownies4life » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:36 pm

Oh I plan on bringing it back lol! It's saved in my posts. So we shall see 🤗
Superflex, Full PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 3flex 1 Sflx
QB: Dak, Wentz, Daniel Jones, Nick Mullens
RB: Royce Freeman, Penny, Carson, M. Brown, Foreman,
WR: Evans, Pettis, Metcalf, Harry, Mclaurin, Harmon, D.J. Chark, Agholor, Quinn, Gabriel, MVS, Justin Watson, Kirkwood, Cobb
TE: Fant, RSJ, Dan Arnold, Gerald Everett
Picks 2020: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Superflex, PPR, 12 team, 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 flex 1 Sflx
QB: Brady, Kyler Murray, Flacco
RB: CMC, Fournette, Guice, AP, Chris Warren, Bruce Anderson,
WR: Evans, Adams, AJ Green, Miller, Allison, DeMarcus Robinson, Patrick, Kirkwood, Hurd
TE: OJ Howard, Dissly, Waller
2020 picks: 2, 3, 4

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:01 pm

LoL @ Chubb can't catch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB8t7ZKlL-k

Gurley used to come out on 3rd downs for BENNY CUMMINGHAM. Ingram couldn't catch either.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:25 pm

To the OP that grabbed Chubb, here's some fun watching for you. Congratulations on your purchase! To our friend who would prefer "Lindsay and some spare bits" - we'll be waiting for you to say you're sorry later this year! :wink:

Brownies4life
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Brownies4life » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:15 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:25 pm To the OP that grabbed Chubb, here's some fun watching for you. Congratulations on your purchase! To our friend who would prefer "Lindsay and some spare bits" - we'll be waiting for you to say you're sorry later this year! :wink:

Lol I'm a die hard Browns fan so I know what he's capable of.
WR: Evans, Pettis, Metcalf, Harry, Mclaurin, Harmon, D.J. Chark, Agholor, Quinn, Gabriel, MVS, Justin Watson, Kirkwood, Cobb
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WR: Evans, Adams, AJ Green, Miller, Allison, DeMarcus Robinson, Patrick, Kirkwood, Hurd

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:28 pm

Nice trade. I've been talking to another owner in my league about chubb or Mixon but he wants josh Allen/Mike Williams/2019 1st for him and I think that's too much for SFlex.

Good deal
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford,
RB: Mixon, Henry, zeke, Rochon
WR: Godwin, Olave, Deebo,DJM, Dell, MW, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Musgrave

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)
QB: Burrow, Baker,Jameis, jimmy, Wentz,
RB: Saquon, Mixon, Rochon, Evans
WR: Pickens, QJ, Thielen, Arob, Juju, ODB, D. Parker, Osborn,
TE: Kincaid, Ertz, Freirmuth, Taysom, JWoods

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Winston, Darnald
RB: JT, Javonte,Sanders, JCook, Jamaal
WR: Godwin, Waddle, ARSB, Pittman, MW, Jameson, Zay, Claypool, Toney, Terrance
TE: Hock, Fant, McBride

Brownies4life
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Brownies4life » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:50 pm

Favrezilla wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:28 pm Nice trade. I've been talking to another owner in my league about chubb or Mixon but he wants josh Allen/Mike Williams/2019 1st for him and I think that's too much for SFlex.

Good deal
Yeah that's asking a bit much I agree.