Barkley Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
PhillySpecial
Captain
Captain

Barkley Trade

Postby PhillySpecial » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:38 am

An owner has asked offered Barkley to me for Fournette/Conner/Godwin. I am in a rebuild with the majority of my 25 man roster either 1st, 2nd or 3rd year players. I believe I will compete for a playoff spot in 2019 and really take off in future years. This trade will sap alot of my depth. I have four 2nd rounders in 2019. Thoughts?

QB - Cousins. Lamar.
RB - Fournette. Guice. Conner. Warren III. Yeldon. Hyde. Richard.
WR - Corey Davis. Golladay. Godwin. Callaway. Cain. Hamilton. Quinn. Sheperd. Doctson. Lee. Taywan Taylor. Albert Wilson.
TE - Henry. Goedert. Herndon.
10 Team. PPR. 25 player roster. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF, 1D
QB - Justin Herbert. Anthony Richardson. Geno Smith. Sam Howell.
RB - Saquon Barkley. JK Dobbins. Tony Pollard. Leonard Fournette. Kareem Hunt. Devin Singletary. Zamir White. Tyjae Sharp. Jaylen Warren. Jerome Ford. Zach Evans. Chris Rodriquez.
WR - AJ Brown. DK Metcalf. Chris Godwin. Deebo Samuel. Amon Ra St Brown. Courtland Sutton.
TE - Darren Waller. Pat Freiermuth. Evan Engram.

2024 - 1st. 4th.
2025 - 1st. 4th.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Barkley Trade

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:33 am

Im not sure next year will be the year for your team but we'll see your depths thin but for Barkley I'd do it
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:34 am

Instant accept for Barkley. Wow I wish I could get him for that in the hanful of leagues I don't already own him.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:35 am

I would make that deal for Barkley. It's a lot to give up but I could live with that price.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:52 am

What picks do you have in the 2019 draft?

Fantasy>>>Reality
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasy>>>Reality » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:40 am

Do it quick
25 Man Roster
12 team Superflex
.5ppr
Start 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE
QB: Murray, Burrow, Cousins, Willis
RB: Najee, Gibson, Ken Walker, Miles Sanders, Darrel Williams
WR: Chase, CeeDee, Godwin, Mooney, Osborne, Eli Moore, Hardman, Ty Johnson
TE: Goedert, Trautman, Conklin, B Jordan
2023-1st x 2
2023- 3rd x 3

PhillySpecial
Captain
Captain

Postby PhillySpecial » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:19 pm

I have 2.01, 2.04, 2.08, 2.09.
RB - Saquon Barkley. JK Dobbins. Tony Pollard. Leonard Fournette. Kareem Hunt. Devin Singletary. Zamir White. Tyjae Sharp. Jaylen Warren. Jerome Ford. Zach Evans. Chris Rodriquez.
WR - AJ Brown. DK Metcalf. Chris Godwin. Deebo Samuel. Amon Ra St Brown. Courtland Sutton.

2024 - 1st. 4th.
2025 - 1st. 4th.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:26 pm

PhillySpecial wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:19 pm I have 2.01, 2.04, 2.08, 2.09.
Thats cheap for Barkley. So I personally make this deal. Id even try to flip Barkley since your team isnt close to competing and you could desperately use a bevy of 1sts to rebuild.

frisco86
Role Player
Role Player

Postby frisco86 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:46 pm

Connor is/will be a stud. Top 5 back. Fournette is the question isn't it. IF he continues like this year, then a no brainer. IF he can get to top 7 back, which he should be if his head is all in and he is not so injury prone, then this deal is maybe not as enticing. Godwin who knows. DeSean Jackson is likely coming back, but for how long. 2 yr deal? So Godwins value decreases and he has yet to really do much consistently. He is young, I own him. Picked him up via FA in week 12.

Barkley is the #1 player overall IMO. He will have to be the workhorse as the NYG get a new QB either this year or next. So does this hamper him as teams stack the line? Pittsburgh probably in the same boat, so maybe a mute issue.

Guice is your only other decent RB and if you do the trade I would be happy if he tanked for a year get a top 20 pick (try to accumulate more). Your WR are severely lacking, but they are young. Need to continue to get more here. Since you have so many picks in round 2, maybe you can get lucky. Shoot if someone wanted all four for a projected mid 1st in 20 I would probably do it :) but you do need some help.

Say you didn't do the deal, your RB situation is good IF Guice is what we think he is and Fournette comes back to form. Two big big IF's. Do you risk it. If so, then you need to build WR's and you could be in contention before too long.

So many scenarios for you.

But I think to get the #1 overall in Dynasty, I probably do it, but work to get some top '20 picks. Dang if you could get a couple high '20 picks for Guice too, that might really tank you team and you would have CHOICE in '20 to truly build something special around Barkley.
QB: Mayfield, Bridgewater, Fitzpatrick
RB:David Johnson, Mixon, Chubb, James Robinson, Mattison, K Vaughn
WR: AJG, K Allen, D Adams, JuJu, C Godwin, D Slayton, S Miller
TE: Engram, Kittle
K: Succup
Def.: Arizona

Champions 2006 and 2018. Second a few times in between, again in 2019.

No PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB,WR,TE) 1K 1 1 Def
Drop 7 ea yr. 20 player roster with up to 2 IR

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:52 pm

That's amazing value. Don't overthink it. Conner, LF and Godwin are still largely unproven.

PhillySpecial
Captain
Captain

Postby PhillySpecial » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:06 pm

Thanks for the advice. The owner responded today that I would also have to include Golladay or Guice and he would throw in Royce Freeman. The price keeps getting steeper. I am thinking I may be better off starting Conner/Guice/Fournette/Davis/Golladay on a weekly basis instead of Barkley and whichever other players on my roster have the best matchups. My current top RB's all have the potential to be top 15 RB's if everything goes right but that is a big IF. I am also trying to shop my second rounders to move up in the first round so good call by Frisco86. I gotta say that rebuilding is much more entertaining than I expected. I thought I was going to be miserable in 2018 but it turned out to be a stress-free season where I actually just enjoyed watching the NFL.

2024 - 1st. 4th.
2025 - 1st. 4th.