Team Setup *Updated*

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Team Setup *Updated*

Postby RCS » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:22 am

So scoring for this league is .5 ppr, Tight Ends are 1.ppr

1-QB
2-RB
3-WR
1-TE
1-Flex
1-Kicker
2-DL
3-LB
2-DB

I knew i was out early so traded off some older players and started getting higher upside and picks for next couple years. I know WR will be a priority this offseason and already trying to send off a Tight end in a package for a legit WR.

Qb- Jimmy G, Jamis Winston
RB- Leonard Fournette, Sony Michel, Jordan Howard, Chris Carson, Kalen Bellage, Justin Jackson, Boston Scott, Jamaal Williams
WR-Odell Beckham Jr, DJ Moore,Christian Kirk, Courtland Sutton, Jamison Crowder, Anthony Miller, Daesean Hamilton, David Moore, Keelan Cole, Jaleel Scott, Antonio Callaway, Trey Quinn, Marcell Ateman
TE- Hunter Henry,Dallas Goedert
K- Ka'imi Fairburn
DL- Chris Jones, Myles Garrett
LB- Zach Cunningham, Jarrad Davis, Anthony Hitchen, Haason Reddick, Raekwon McMillian
DB- Budda Baker, Jeremy Bates

Taxi- Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Rashaad Penny, Ito Smith, DJ Chark, Keke Coutee, Hayden Hurst, Chris Herndon,

Picks 2019-2.3,3.3,3.9,3.11,4.3,4.11,5.3
2020- 3 1st, 6 2nds, 1 4th and 1 5th

In a perfect world I wouldn't have 4 qbs and 5 TE in this format but when I saw Hurst and Herndon dropped to waivers early in the year i had to grab them and throw them on taxi.

I picked up Dalton for one week before Jamis came back and then I was offered Jimmy G for him so I had to take that as i was going to drop Dalton anyway.

So this offseason I feel WR is key and if i can use one of Hunter or Engram plus something else to get a WR and then I feel that will be in the right step.

As alway thanks guys for the feedback.

*updated roster
Last edited by RCS on Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Team Setup

Postby DynastyDabbler » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:22 am

You've definitely got the right mindset. You need WR help. I wouldn't sell Engram, so try Hunter Henry. Some people are still pretty high on him. Throw some offers to QB or TE needy teams. You've got plenty of QB depth. Try packaging one of those guys (TE or QB) with a late 1st to secure a dependable WR.
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:33 pm

I think your team is on it's way... The QB are fine. I like the TE. RB could be worse and WR is very young... With 3 starting WR, you need to get studs there at any costs, however you are very young so you probably just need to ride next year out and see what kind of value you can turn them into along the way

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:36 pm

I think your team is looking good in the next couple years. Your WR's could be very solid as early as this season. Nice crop of RB's. I like the build for the future. I would possibly move Fournette for the right package if it comes along.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:27 pm

keep hunter henry and engram, you have plenty of ammo to get final pieces without damaging the spots that are already handled.

trade your picks for WRs and call it a day. you look ready to compete once you add 2 WRs
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:11 pm

I wouldn't move a ton of capital for a WR, as you aren't ready to compete just yet. If you could send a player and a pick or two for a WR upgrade, that would be okay. But since you have quite a few young WRs who could take that next step, you may just want to be patient for one more year to see how many of them develop. With those settings, you might consider flexing a TE, so I'd keep Engram and Henry as well. Nice grab on Hurst and especially Herndon. You may find a trade partner for him after the season gets underway.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:20 pm

1. you have some nice TEs with HH, Engram, Herndon, Hurst and Goedert
2. you have too many QBs in a 1QB league

i disagree about having too many TEs...for all intents and purposes, this is a TE premium league...can't have to many
i would package a TE and QB to get a WR....i would probably approach Dalton's new owner

good luck
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RCS » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:52 am

Again thanks for the responses, you guys are great

RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RCS » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:53 am

vixen wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:20 pm 1. you have some nice TEs with HH, Engram, Herndon, Hurst and Goedert
2. you have too many QBs in a 1QB league

i disagree about having too many TEs...for all intents and purposes, this is a TE premium league...can't have to many
i would package a TE and QB to get a WR....i would probably approach Dalton's new owner

good luck
Believe me I know, with Ariens going to tampa I thought I could unload Jameis for something but so far nothing yet

RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RCS » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:09 am

So an update if anyone was interested.

Past month I was able to trade
-Jerrick McKinnon and 1.3 and 1.7 for OBJ
-Engram for 2020 1st and 2020 2nd

I now got 2.3 and 3 3rds in this draft as well as 3 20201sr which 2 were top 3 and 6 2nds in that draft

Packaged 2.3 and a 3rd in an offer for Drake since I have Bellage as well and I'm thinking itll be those two in the miami backfield next year