Barkley for DJ+

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Barkley for DJ+

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:20 am

Now is a terrible time to buy Barkley he's a rookie coming off a 2000 yard season. DJ does little for me in a Barkley trade I just wouldn't want to get rid of him without an absurd overpay. You could offer me 3 firsts and DJ and itd still probably not do it
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:21 am

Dynastydumpsterfire wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:07 am In a ten team 1 pt ppr I am trying to acquire Barkley. The player that owns him has missed the playoffs for 4 seasons and I know he wants to win back some of his investment. Barkley is his only fantastic asset other than MT. He turned down an offer from another player of three 2019 first and one 2020 1st. But his recent draft history has soured him on rookie picks. I'm thinking my offer will be Julio, Baldwin, James White, dion lewis and my 2019 1.5. Is this offer insulting or a fair initial offer?
I would turn that down in a nano second.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:22 am

Nobody should be trading for Barkley at these prices. He's simply not worth it. There are lots of ways to create a winner, and trading 3-4 high end starters and picks for one player isn't one of them. Better off going for CMC, who puts up the same production at basically the same age. I love Barkley, but I'll never own him unless I join another league and get him in the startup, he's just too pricey.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jwb32
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jwb32 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:24 am

Dynastydumpsterfire wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:07 am In a ten team 1 pt ppr I am trying to acquire Barkley. The player that owns him has missed the playoffs for 4 seasons and I know he wants to win back some of his investment. Barkley is his only fantastic asset other than MT. He turned down an offer from another player of three 2019 first and one 2020 1st. But his recent draft history has soured him on rookie picks. I'm thinking my offer will be Julio, Baldwin, James White, dion lewis and my 2019 1.5. Is this offer insulting or a fair initial offer?
Julio is a stud approaching value cliff. Baldwin has already hit cliff. White and especially Lewis are noise. The 1.05 is mildly interesting in weak draft class. In other words, this is not close.
TEAM 1: 12 team league. 1.0 PPR WR/TE 0.5 PPR RB
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE, 1DST
QBs- Lamar, Wentz
RBs- Javonte,Sanders, Michel,Howard,JJackson,JWilson
WRs- DJM,McLaurin,Higgins,DeVonta Smith,Jeudy, OBJ,Bateman,Treadwell,Crowder
TEs- Fant, Muth,Irv Smith

TEAM 2: 12 team league. 0.1 ppc 0.5 ppr. TE 1 ppr
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs-Watson, Davis, Huntley
RBs- Javonte,Akers, ETN,Gore,Dallas
WRs- McClaurin,DJM,Godwin,Diontae,MarquiseBr, Mooney,Van Jefferson,Collins,Atwell
TEs- Hock, Kmet,Trautman,AlbertO
1.04, 2.04, 4.04

TEAM 3: 12 team league. 0.5 ppr, 0.5/fd
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs- Lamar,Stafford
RBs- JT, Fournette, DHarris,Chuba,Collins,Gaskin,DHarris,Penny,Murray, Snell
WRs- Chase, DJM, Allen, Bateman, Julio, ElijahM, Mims, Crowder
TEs- Waller, Morneau,Njoku
2022 1st, 2nd (2), 3rd (2)

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:41 am

That’s insulting. The only legit piece there is Julio and he’s still a 30 year WR. Saquon is far superior to him. The other players in that offer are trash and while the 1.05 is decent, it’s not a strong RB class and you said he’s soured on draft picks.