Barkley for DJ+

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
afrye1
Role Player
Role Player

Barkley for DJ+

Postby afrye1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:44 am

I’ve been trying hard for the past two weeks to acquire Barkley for team two in my sig. He finally came out flat and said he would only consider a pkg that involves DJ. I was trying to ship any RB off because mine are already atrocious. With that being said what should I package with DJ to make a starting offer for Barkley. I think SB (along with high tier one RBs) would be the only reason I consider trading DJ. Any thoughts help!
Team 1
Start 1 QB 2RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 flex 1 SF
QB: L.JACKSON WILSON Mayfield Mac Jones Trevor siemien Mike White
RB: BARKLEY A.JONES Aj Dillion James Robinson Mike Davis gaskin Lindsey rojo drake ozigbo n.hines Doaks Herbert eno Benjamin
WR: T.HILL Diggs NUK McLaurin Gallup P.Williams Allen lazard MVS Bowden Van Jefferson D.Harris Q.cephus, Darby
TE: KITTLE Evan Engram RSJ hunter long

6 pts for TD full PPR .25 PPC 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving yards 1 pt per 20 passing yards

Team 2
10 team PPR league
4 pt passing td. 6 pt for all other TD.
QB: DAK, Matt Ryan, Taysom Hill
RB: Chubb, Miles Sanders, James Robinson Akers, T.coleman, Royce Freeman,Chase Edmonds, Ryquell Armstead, Joshua Kelly, L.perine,
WR: MT, Tyreek Hill, Godwin, JUJU, Mclaurin, M.Brown, Sterling Shepard, Preston Williams, PLazard, John Ross, Trequan Smith,Harmon, Ruggs, T.Higgins
TE: Kittle, Hunter Henry,OJ Howard,
K: Butker
DEF: Colts Packers Browns
start: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1TE 2 flex
2021: 2x 1sts
2022: 3rd, 4th

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Re: Barkley for DJ+

Postby The.Big.Spank » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:51 am

If I was inclined, I would want a first added to DJ for SB, and even then TBS would have to give it some thought.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:51 am

I want to preface this response by saying I'm not super high on DJ or Keenan Allen, but as a Barkley owner, it would have 2 include those 2, plus your earliest first in 2019 and one of your 2020 firsts to get me to the table. Might be able to sub out one of the picks for Hunt depending on how the owner feels about him.

Whether a team is rebuilding or contending, everyone wants Barkley. You're going to have to overpay to acquire him. Nobody wants to trade Barkley, so it's a sellers market for him.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:02 am

Yeah, nobody is prying him out of my hands either. You just cant replace that, especially in my 10 team 1.0 ppr. Can you imagine what his production would look like if he had a line to run behind and a qb? Look what it did for Todd Gurley and he did not even post numbers close to Barkley when Gurleys situation looked desperate.

(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

afrye1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby afrye1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 am

jenkins.math wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:51 am I want to preface this response by saying I'm not super high on DJ or Keenan Allen, but as a Barkley owner, it would have 2 include those 2, plus your earliest first in 2019 and one of your 2020 firsts to get me to the table. Might be able to sub out one of the picks for Hunt depending on how the owner feels about him.

Whether a team is rebuilding or contending, everyone wants Barkley. You're going to have to overpay to acquire him. Nobody wants to trade Barkley, so it's a sellers market for him.
I forgot I hadn’t updated my sig. I have since sold Hunt. I had an owner come to me offering 2019 and 2020 first for him and couldn’t turn it down.
Team 1
RB: BARKLEY A.JONES Aj Dillion James Robinson Mike Davis gaskin Lindsey rojo drake ozigbo n.hines Doaks Herbert eno Benjamin
WR: T.HILL Diggs NUK McLaurin Gallup P.Williams Allen lazard MVS Bowden Van Jefferson D.Harris Q.cephus, Darby

6 pts for TD full PPR .25 PPC 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving yards 1 pt per 20 passing yards

Team 2
10 team PPR league
RB: Chubb, Miles Sanders, James Robinson Akers, T.coleman, Royce Freeman,Chase Edmonds, Ryquell Armstead, Joshua Kelly, L.perine,
WR: MT, Tyreek Hill, Godwin, JUJU, Mclaurin, M.Brown, Sterling Shepard, Preston Williams, PLazard, John Ross, Trequan Smith,Harmon, Ruggs, T.Higgins

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:18 am

jenkins.math wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:51 am I want to preface this response by saying I'm not super high on DJ or Keenan Allen, but as a Barkley owner, it would have 2 include those 2, plus your earliest first in 2019 and one of your 2020 firsts to get me to the table. Might be able to sub out one of the picks for Hunt depending on how the owner feels about him.

this is simply an absurd valuation and you would just keep barkley and never approach the table lol
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:27 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:18 am

this is simply an absurd valuation and you would just keep barkley and never approach the table lol
That's the point though. Barkley is arguably the number 1 dynasty asset. It's going to have to be a gross overpay to buy him at this stage. I'm willing to bet every Barkley owner will need a massive overpayment to think about moving him right now, otherwise you're just wasting time.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:33 am

I agree that jenkin's offer is a huge overpay but honestly there is no such thing as Barkley for fair value. Don't waste your time trading for him, you don't have the depth or firepower to acquire him.

PercyR1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby PercyR1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:34 pm

Trade that went through - DJ + Kittle + B.Cooks for Barkley

Thanks whats its going to take and im still even sure a lot of people prefer the Barkley side

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:57 pm

It will be interesting to see which way of thinking the forum follows on that one. Do a poll. I am interested in the results.

(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:27 pm

afrye1 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 am

I forgot I hadn’t updated my sig. I have since sold Hunt. I had an owner come to me offering 2019 and 2020 first for him and couldn’t turn it down.
Is is rebuilding or competing. ?

You got Some old pieces you could try send his way. (Even though I would Say no mySelf)

What About send this offer;
Rodgers, Hilton, Thielen and a TE.

Or

DJ + Hilton or Thielen
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:00 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:18 am

I wouldn't trade any of my Barkley shares for that.

afrye1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby afrye1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:02 pm

ravn88 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:27 pm
afrye1 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 am

Is is rebuilding or competing. ?

You got Some old pieces you could try send his way. (Even though I would Say no mySelf)

What About send this offer;
Rodgers, Hilton, Thielen and a TE.

Or

DJ + Hilton or Thielen
I would say we are both competing. He scored the most points in the league but took third. ( only because He forgot to sit MG3 in his semifinals match) I have been top three the past 4 years though I’ve had multiple people on this site tell me I’m in a rebuild. I don’t think I can jump ship on Rodgers just yet, but I think I could get on board with a DJ + Hilton trade though I doubt he takes it. I also tried to sell Kittle but the best offer I could get was 1.01 and 3.01 for him. I thought I could offer him up with HH waiting in the wings.
Team 1

Team 2
10 team PPR league

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:29 pm

If I had Barkley in dynasty I don’t think I’d give him up for Cooks + Kittle + DJ unless my team had serious holes. Saquon has a shot to be the next LT or Marshall Faulk. These types of guys come around 1-2 times in a generation.

Dynastydumpsterfire
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dynastydumpsterfire » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:07 am

In a ten team 1 pt ppr I am trying to acquire Barkley. The player that owns him has missed the playoffs for 4 seasons and I know he wants to win back some of his investment. Barkley is his only fantastic asset other than MT. He turned down an offer from another player of three 2019 first and one 2020 1st. But his recent draft history has soured him on rookie picks. I'm thinking my offer will be Julio, Baldwin, James White, dion lewis and my 2019 1.5. Is this offer insulting or a fair initial offer?
Team 1 -10 Team 1pt ppr. START 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 RB/WR/TE 1LB 1 S/CB 1DL 1DFLEX
QB.-Brady, Stafford, Garoppolo, Ridder
RB.-Chubb, Kamara, Fournette, K Hunt, Z White,
WR.- Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, Diontae Johnson, B Cooks, MVS, Thielen, Marvin Jones, Zay Jones, Skowronek, Velus Jones
TE.- Hurst, Conklin, Schultz, Taysom Hill
K.-Carlson
LB.- Brooks, Loyd
S/CB.- Love, Neal
DL.-Hunter,Hubbard
Picks

23 2 3rds
24 1 3rd

Team 2 - 10 Team 1pt ppr. START 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 RB/WR/TE 1LB 1 S/CB 1DL 1DFLEX
QB- Goff, Stafford
Rb - Taylor ,Harris, Montgomery, Eno Benjamin, J Warren, Burkhead, Jeff Wilson, Brian Robinson, Spiller, C Evans
Wr- AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, Mike Williams, Jameson Williams, Lazzard, D Carter, M Jones, J Reynolds, B Cooks, DJ Chark, Calvin Austin, D Bell
TE - Kittle, Higbee, Schultz
K- McPherson
LB - Brooks, Okereke, TJ Watt
DL- M Garrett, Cam Jordan
S- C Gardner Johnson, Fitzpatrick.
Picks 1 23 3rd, 1 24 3rd.